2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser

7.5

Based on 1422 Ratings for the 2001 - 2010 models.

7.6/10

Bought used 3 years ago, still love it!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "reliable, stylish, spacious, sturdy, value"

Cons: "wide turns, could be more comfy, vibrations"

"I paid 4,500$ cash at a used dealer 3 years ago, it's depreciated about 1000$ since then (dealership value anyway, not trade-in or private sale value) Not bad for a 10 year old car that i have done a lot of driving on. Overall I am very happy with the way the car preforms. I've put 35,000ish miles on the car since owning it (bought it with 180K on it). I was aware it was a high mileage, but the quality of the interior and the carfax showed that it had been owned by one person who took very good care of it. My largest repair expenses have been replacing the timing belt (900$, which was scheduled maintenance for the mileage of the car, not something that broke), new tires (450$) and a new power window panel for the center console (200$). The car has never broken down and left me on the side of the road, is a relatively quiet ride considering the small size and low-riding frame, and tends to get pretty good gas mileage for a car that is almost 11 years old, and heavy for it's size. I know there are new cars that get 30+ MPG but those weren't in my price range, so i've been happy with the average 22 MPG I get. (I've tracked the mileage i get out of a full tank several times, and it is a combination of city and highway driving, as I do both on a regular basis). The cargo space you get out of such a tiny car is awesome, I just wish the seats were a little more comfortable. The car does have an annoyingly wide turning radius, which took awhile to get used to when I got the car. The steering wheel vibrates when the car gets up to 50 mph+, which also took some adjusting to. After reading reviews that said the same thing and having a 'clean bill of health' from my mechanic, i've come to accept thats just something the car does. One of my favorite things about the car is the dark gray/tan/silver interior that still looks stylish a decade after the car was made. The colors hide dirt well, and can be easily cleaned. I've seen some other PTs that have a different interior, might be because I have a touring edition? not sure. Overall this car has been a good value, and costs have been manageable and predictable maintenance, not unexpected failures on the car's part."

Love my Cruiser

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I have owned my Cruiser for over 4 years now - bought it used with 35K miles. It now has 99K miles and I just had the plugs, wires, and air filter replaced. I hope to drive it forever. No major repairs in four years aside from a water pump/timing belt and AC repair."

BEST CAR I EVER HAD

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "GREAT STORAGE, GOOD PRICE,FUN,EXCEPTIONAL LOOKS"

Cons: "NOTHING BAD ABOUT THIS CAR!!"

"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS CAR - HATE TO GIVE IT UP!! SORRY THEY DISCONTINUED THE PT CRUISER, I LOVE IT AND I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE NO QUESTION ABOUT IT! AFTER 10 1/2 YEARS THINGS MIGHT START GOING WRONG - SO I'M LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS. (DON'T KNOW IF I WILL EVER FIND ANOTHER CAR TO FALL IN LOVE WITH.)"

Fits my needs nicely!

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "great price; excellent capacity"

Cons: "no power door locks; original brakes squeaked"

"I have been very pleased with my 2002 PT Cruiser. Bought new and now with over 100K miles, it has required minimal servicing (outside of normal wear, oil changes, etc) and has proven extremely reliable over the years. My original purchase criteria consisted primarily of a smallish vehicle with excellent capacity and access for the size, decent fuel efficiency and reasonable price. The PT best fit my needs overall of all vehicles I looked at, including Honda CRV, Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV, and comparable GM, Ford, Hyundai, Suzuki,"

I love this car

By on Monday, April 6, 2015

"I bought this GT version seven years ago. It has been virtually a great running vehicle. I absolutely love it. It rides very smooth. It corners great. Plenty of power with the turbo. If I have any complaint, it is the gas mileage. 20 mpg city and hwy. The most major thing that I've had to replace is the radiator at maybe 85,000 miles. Plus of course break discs & brake pads. Have had it tuned up once since I took ownership. As with every vehicle on the road, the older it gets the more it begins to need repairs or replacements."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler PT Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals