2008 Chrysler Crossfire

Based on 333 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

SWEET

By on Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Have owned my 05 roadster for 2 yrs. It is stored in the winter and I go crazy not being able to drive it, but it is well worth the wait. This car is a joy to drive with the top up or down and most people don't even know what it is.Chrysler gets failing marks for not marketing this GREAT car.Have not had any problems with it . I would not hesitate to buy another........."

Crossfire follow up

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"About a year ago (July 20, 2007) I did a review of my 2005 Crossfire for KBB.com, so I thought now may be a good opportunity to follow up with a current review. Everything I wrote then applies now, even more. The thing is still great looking. I sometimes find even myself admiring it parking lots! It still draws long looks and pointed fingers when I drive by other drivers and pedestrians. Good for the ego…. Its performance has improved, if anything, as the motor ages, and most shockingly at 34,000 miles, the Michelin PS2 tires still look like they may have another 5-8k miles left in them. More about the tires later. However, it hasn’t all been sunshine. About six months ago while I was driving to work the car simply stopped running and wouldn’t restart. After hauling it to my excellent Chrysler dealer, the prognosis was a failed “powertrain management computer.” Having none of these in stock, they promptly ordered one for me from Mercedes Benz, in Germany. It took three weeks to arrive from the father-land and once at the dealer they installed it promptly, and the car has run flawlessly since. All repairs were covered under warranty and didn’t cost me a thing except time and a little aggravation. Now, I mention this episode because had it not been under warranty, the replacement computer would have cost $2500 and change, not including flashing it and installation it. This could be important consideration if I were buying a used Crossfire. The only other problem was that the HVAC blower motor burned out a couple of months ago and was also replaced under warranty (about a $275 value). And finally, there are those incredible tires. Replacing them is going to cost a bunch. The best price I’ve seen for one 19” rear PS2 is about $320. The price for one 18” front PS2 is around $260. This adds up to nearly 1200 bucks for a new set before tax, mounting, and balancing. That’s almost the same price as 282 gallons of the required premium gas at today’s cost. Oh, and an oil change costs, on average, $150 every 7000 miles. But who cares, really. I love the car. It still goes like heat, handles and stops like a genuine GT car, and people still stare and ask questions when I drive into the local Outback parking lot. If you to want to live with this kind of special little car, you have to be willing to pay the price. Buy one. You’ll like it."

IT'S A MERCEDS BENZ

By on Friday, October 16, 2015

Pros: "I'D RATHER DRIVE THIS 2005 CROSSFIRE THAN MY 2015"

Cons: "safety, durability, comfort, it's a mercedes benz"

"MERCEDES BENZ PARTS THROUGH OUT ASSEMBLED IN GERMANY WHEN MERCEDES BENZ WERE THE BEST CARS IN THE WORLD NOT ANYMORE."

2004 Crossfire

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I have owned this car for a little over ayear, and I love it. Handles great and very quick (not fast, but quick). I traded a Mercedes in on this car and I was amazed (as was my M-B Service Advisor) at how much of this car is Mercedes-Benz. The car is small, but has plenty of room for two. The only complaint from my girlfriend is that you can't recline the seats very far on long trips. One thing about service... DO NOT take it to a Chrysler dealership, they have no idea how to work on this car. I take it to my M-B dealer for everything except tires. The entire powertrain is M-B and should only be serviced by people who know the components."

A Real Beauty

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"After three years of ownership, I still get compliments on styling. Mechanically, it has been perfect."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Crossfire near Honolulu. See local deals