2005 Chrysler Crossfire

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Almost as good as a Corvette, not as fast.

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Price, looks, power top, decent MPG, luggage space"

Cons: "Cup holder is useless, pricy oil changes"

"I test-drove (or at least sat inside) the following used convertibles before buying my Crossfire: C5 Corvette Convertible-Love this car, however my father owns one and it was $5,000 more than the Crossfire Pontiac Solstice-Top was horrible to open/close and had zero luggage space Saturn Sky-Better looking than the Solstice, but with the same problems and a higher price Mazda Miata-Too small, uncomfortable seats Nissan 350z-Nice interior, but very ugly. Also, every teenager in my area owns one. Honda S2000-Never drove one, however I didn't like the looks in person Jaguar XKR-Awesome car, but WAY too fast for me. Only car to ever scare me away. I love my Crossfire, and have taken it on a three-week 5,800 road-trip with no problems or discomfort. This car has been places most truck/SUV owners wouldn't drive. It has been a great car, and can handle a ton of luggage. These cars are a bargain, as they have depreciated so much over the years. The small problems I have had: -The top did not close properly once, allowing water to enter the cabin in a downpour -The battery died after sitting for a month (probably the electronics on the dash) -The fog-light guards inside the front wheel-wells were missing when I bought the car. These look to be easy to lose. The driver and passenger side guards are mirror-images of each-other, however the passenger's costs around $10, while the driver's costs around $40. -The vent on the dash to the left of the steering wheel will not stay in place, and tends to always point upward. -Oil changes are pricy, costing around $100 I recommend this car if you are in the market for a sub-$20,000 convertible. Very fun car to drive and compliments everywhere I go (more-so than when driving the Corvette)."

Best Sports Car for the Money

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"I have had 3 sports cars. The last was a Corvette 2001 Z06..the little Crossfire is a better road car. Not as much torque but top speed is comp and handling just as responsive. The only problem I have is with filling the vehicle. Gas continues to bubble up and stop the flow. Other than that...I love it. Had it on two long trips of 500 miles or more and was more than pleased."

SRT-6

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle for 2 years now and have had no problems at all. This vehicle is a great buy. I have had several Vette's,an 03 Mach I Mustang and a camaro Z-28. .I also had am early 90's Porsche 911SC which I would consider the closest to this vehicle. This is by far, the best handling and quickest of them all. The SRT-6 comes with an AMG hand built Supercharged engine with 330 hp and has an unbelievable amount of power. Most people love the looks of the car, but do not realize the performance built into this vehicle. This vehicle was only produced in 2005 and there are only 2016 SRT-6 Coupes and 984 SRT-6 Convertables. It has not sold well for some unknown reason, but I would re-purchase this vehicle without giving it a second thought"

Crazy

By on Friday, March 4, 2016

"An SRT6 "roadster" for sale is dang near impossible to find. The coupes/hatchbacks you can find all day. All these cars are future collectibles but the roadsters will pull the most money and be collectable first. KBB dealer's values these at about half of what you can pull for one on the open market.People are not selling the roadsters so their data is dated."

4 year daily driver

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I bought my Crossfire new in 2004. I now have over 70k miles on it and I still love it. It has never broken down, it is simple to service-I love the extended oil change intervals and still looks great. My wife was in a rear end collision and the car came through beautifully. The other cars front end was ruined. The only complaint is the one small cup holder which likes to open when I lean my arm on the console. But it looks great so I can live with that. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a fun, stylish, fuel efficient, reliable car at an affordable price."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Crossfire near Honolulu. See local deals