2005 Chrysler Crossfire

Based on 332 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

love it but, mercedes replacement parts killing me

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Everything about it is exciting."

Cons: "Very Very high cost of parts in disapointing."

"I love the Limited Roadster, everything about it. Keeping up with replacement parts from Mercedes pricing is not worth it. Every little thing is about 10 times the price of a non Mercedes car and I have been told by Dodge dealers "thats what you get for buying it". I am thinking about selling it if one more thing goes wrong."

SWEET

By on Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Have owned my 05 roadster for 2 yrs. It is stored in the winter and I go crazy not being able to drive it, but it is well worth the wait. This car is a joy to drive with the top up or down and most people don't even know what it is.Chrysler gets failing marks for not marketing this GREAT car.Have not had any problems with it . I would not hesitate to buy another........."

One heckuva deal...

By on Friday, June 12, 2009

"The deadline facing 789 soon-to-be-closed Chrysler dealers combined with $10K in factory-to-dealer cash on leftover Crossfires, and Mr. Obama's g'tee. of their lifetime warranties and service contracts led me last week to offer an unfortunate dealer in North Carolina about half-off the sticker for a leftover-but-new '07 roadster. To my astonishment, they took it. The drive home left me with a number of impressions. First, this is a last-gen SLK320 Benz under that sheet-metal, and it drives like one. There's no resemblance to any other Chrysler offerings. Second, I'm 6'4" and I can get pretty-comfortable in the thing - although it took about 600 miles of ginning-around with the driver's seat to get to that point (this holds for the roadster with the top up, not the coupe - there's no way I could ever fit in that). Third, the lone cup-holder doesn't inspire confidence. An errant elbow and there's coffee or whatever all over your companion or the leather (or cloth, on the base model) seat they would occupy. Fourth, almost 27 mpg. for the trip - pretty good. Fifth: drop-dead gorgeous. Waves and smiles from other roadster drivers, and at least a sideways glance from many others. In this era of cars that are all beginning to look a lot alike, here's one that breaks the mold. And sixth, and last: this car is the product of the troubled marriage of Daimler-Benz and Chrysler, it was imported in small quantities over a five-year period, it offers respectable performance, timeless good looks, rock-solid build quality, more than adequate comfort and amenities, the aforementioned warranties - and to top it all off, it's now a screaming bargain! Scan the inventory online, make a few phone calls, and then run, don't walk, to a remaining dealer and snap one of these up. The car-collecting fraternity is right behind you!"

Crossfire follow up

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"About a year ago (July 20, 2007) I did a review of my 2005 Crossfire for KBB.com, so I thought now may be a good opportunity to follow up with a current review. Everything I wrote then applies now, even more. The thing is still great looking. I sometimes find even myself admiring it parking lots! It still draws long looks and pointed fingers when I drive by other drivers and pedestrians. Good for the ego…. Its performance has improved, if anything, as the motor ages, and most shockingly at 34,000 miles, the Michelin PS2 tires still look like they may have another 5-8k miles left in them. More about the tires later. However, it hasn’t all been sunshine. About six months ago while I was driving to work the car simply stopped running and wouldn’t restart. After hauling it to my excellent Chrysler dealer, the prognosis was a failed “powertrain management computer.” Having none of these in stock, they promptly ordered one for me from Mercedes Benz, in Germany. It took three weeks to arrive from the father-land and once at the dealer they installed it promptly, and the car has run flawlessly since. All repairs were covered under warranty and didn’t cost me a thing except time and a little aggravation. Now, I mention this episode because had it not been under warranty, the replacement computer would have cost $2500 and change, not including flashing it and installation it. This could be important consideration if I were buying a used Crossfire. The only other problem was that the HVAC blower motor burned out a couple of months ago and was also replaced under warranty (about a $275 value). And finally, there are those incredible tires. Replacing them is going to cost a bunch. The best price I’ve seen for one 19” rear PS2 is about $320. The price for one 18” front PS2 is around $260. This adds up to nearly 1200 bucks for a new set before tax, mounting, and balancing. That’s almost the same price as 282 gallons of the required premium gas at today’s cost. Oh, and an oil change costs, on average, $150 every 7000 miles. But who cares, really. I love the car. It still goes like heat, handles and stops like a genuine GT car, and people still stare and ask questions when I drive into the local Outback parking lot. If you to want to live with this kind of special little car, you have to be willing to pay the price. Buy one. You’ll like it."

IT'S A MERCEDS BENZ

By on Friday, October 16, 2015

Pros: "I'D RATHER DRIVE THIS 2005 CROSSFIRE THAN MY 2015"

Cons: "safety, durability, comfort, it's a mercedes benz"

"MERCEDES BENZ PARTS THROUGH OUT ASSEMBLED IN GERMANY WHEN MERCEDES BENZ WERE THE BEST CARS IN THE WORLD NOT ANYMORE."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chrysler Crossfire near Honolulu. See local deals