2013 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 230 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

The most amazingly economical car I've ever owned

By on Monday, November 9, 2015

Pros: "Fun, economical, no range anxiety ever"

Cons: "would have liked a better battery range"

"What can I say - my 2012 Volt is the best car I've ever owned, foreign or domestic. It's also the most economical car I've ever owned - period. Comfortable, fun to drive, and cheap to keep. After 133K miles my total maintenance runs to 3 oil changes, one engine air filter, one set of new tires and tire rotations. Period. And I've saved over 3,800 gallons of gas in the meantime. Add it up - while expensive to buy (I bought early), it will cost far less than almost any other car by the time I reach 5 years of ownership. What? Battery worries? Sorry, the battery is just as strong today as the day I bought it 3-1/2 years ago. Not sure what to more to say except this car is a keeper (although the new Gen 2 Volt's are sure tempting!) Hmmm, maybe it's worth noting that I'm a super commuter and make a round trip to work of 186 miles every day on an average of 1.9 gallons of gas. Around town driving seldom uses any gas at all. Totally awesome. One last note though - avoid use of Sport Mode when the CHP are around - it's hard to behave when you're having fun."

Zippier than a BMW

By on Monday, November 13, 2017

Pros: "Zippy, fun to drive, efficient, quiet"

Cons: "Gasoline cars feel so underpowered now"

"I love my Volt! Be warned, as soon as you try driving one of these, there is no going back: the Volt has ludicrously fast acceleration at low speeds. My wife and I went looking for a green car, not expecting one of the peppiest cars out there except for a high-end Corvette. This car will put a smile on your face if you like zipping off from a traffic light. Every gasoline car I have driven since has felt anemic by comparison. 2 years and 12000 miles later, I love this car. -City: Commute is all electric; nice to never have to bother with gas stations. Electric range for us varies between 30-48 miles depending on temperature--range is lower in the winter because the heat is electric. For us, 9000/12000 miles have been on electric. -Highway: We have taken it on a long roadtrip to Canada, camping, and it is comfortable to ride in all day. Note that having the backup gas engine makes this car practical for roadtrips, unlike any other electric car,(including a Tesla)--there is no range limitation, just stopping for gas every 350-400 miles. And its still efficient when running on gas; we average 42 mpg. It handles great at highways speeds, and is so quiet when running on the battery. Reliability: We still get the same electric range as when we bought it; there has been no discernible battery deterioration. It has been completely trouble-free so far. Comfort: The A/C is great. Heat on eco mode is less warm than a gasoline car--but on comfort mode is plenty hot (but causes a noticeable reduction in electric range)"

Fun, solid and reliable

By on Sunday, October 15, 2017

Pros: "Excellent to drive, fun and reliable"

Cons: "no side alert system"

"This car is a blast to drive and costs very little to maintain. I particularly like its quality. The interior is as nice as some of the much more expensive sedans I have owned and yet it is an electric. I have owned dozens of cars over the years and I would rate this in the top three."

Best car I ever owned

By on Friday, October 13, 2017

Pros: "Great car!"

Cons: "Lacking in space for riders."

"I have driven this car for a year and a half now. I have driven this car to and from work daily(about 30 miles.) I have driven it to and from San Diego, over the mountains. (struggled a bit with the mountains but did fine.) Winter I charge it every other day, summer everyday. In a year and a half I have filled the tank maybe three times, 30 gallons total. Car is quiet, comfortable, fun to drive, looks great, (I get compliments all the time. All my friends want one. It handles excellent, and a great sound system, car does everything but drive itself. Whats not to love?"

Most fun driving ever!

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "quick, green, handling"

Cons: "could use a bit more soft materials in interior"

"Almost looked past the Volt, as have never been a GM fan- but wanted great mpg and needed it to be quick/smooth- not a Prius type hybrid boring drive. Volt is the best ever- a mini-Tesla. Love the fact it still runs as an electric car even when battery is depleted and gas engine runs battery generator. Smoothest, most quiet car ever and is not lathargic like most hybrids. Test drive one and you will be sold."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals