2012 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

The most amazingly economical car I've ever owned

By on Monday, November 9, 2015

Pros: "Fun, economical, no range anxiety ever"

Cons: "would have liked a better battery range"

"What can I say - my 2012 Volt is the best car I've ever owned, foreign or domestic. It's also the most economical car I've ever owned - period. Comfortable, fun to drive, and cheap to keep. After 133K miles my total maintenance runs to 3 oil changes, one engine air filter, one set of new tires and tire rotations. Period. And I've saved over 3,800 gallons of gas in the meantime. Add it up - while expensive to buy (I bought early), it will cost far less than almost any other car by the time I reach 5 years of ownership. What? Battery worries? Sorry, the battery is just as strong today as the day I bought it 3-1/2 years ago. Not sure what to more to say except this car is a keeper (although the new Gen 2 Volt's are sure tempting!) Hmmm, maybe it's worth noting that I'm a super commuter and make a round trip to work of 186 miles every day on an average of 1.9 gallons of gas. Around town driving seldom uses any gas at all. Totally awesome. One last note though - avoid use of Sport Mode when the CHP are around - it's hard to behave when you're having fun."

Great car with great design

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Pros: "great long term money saver"

Cons: "overly complicated radio nav system"

"I love the car. It has saved us a lot of money at the gas pump. We get to commute on electric only, but use some gas at times. We pay about 10 to 20 bucks a month at the pump. I have two complaints, first the radio/navigation area is very complicated. I have to take my eyes off the road to make sure I have pushed the correct button. I know this is minor but it really irks me. Secondly (I think) it should have air conditioned seats. It has heated seats and it has good A/C but it should have had seats with built in A/C. I know it is also minor but again it would have made traveling better when we do travel. The only other thing I will have to comment on which is out of anyones control is the depreciation. It has gone down in value faster than we have paid off the note, so it could have long term problems if we decide to resell. Overall its a very good car and would buy it again."

Keep Forgetting Where Gas Goes

By on Monday, September 5, 2016

Pros: "Gas mileage, cheap to operate, decent performance"

Cons: "Price, range could be better"

"I drive my Volt mostly around the city except for a longer trip once or twice a month. I don't care for the little buttons in the interior panel which has been solved better in the latest 2017 model. I have 15,000 miles on the car, 102 mpg lifetime and I'm happy to have bought a Chevy again. I was pleased that the car is quite drivable in cold Boston winters with very little apparent other than the gas motor running more often overall."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted