2012 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 226 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

The most amazingly economical car I've ever owned

By on Monday, November 9, 2015

Pros: "Fun, economical, no range anxiety ever"

Cons: "would have liked a better battery range"

"What can I say - my 2012 Volt is the best car I've ever owned, foreign or domestic. It's also the most economical car I've ever owned - period. Comfortable, fun to drive, and cheap to keep. After 133K miles my total maintenance runs to 3 oil changes, one engine air filter, one set of new tires and tire rotations. Period. And I've saved over 3,800 gallons of gas in the meantime. Add it up - while expensive to buy (I bought early), it will cost far less than almost any other car by the time I reach 5 years of ownership. What? Battery worries? Sorry, the battery is just as strong today as the day I bought it 3-1/2 years ago. Not sure what to more to say except this car is a keeper (although the new Gen 2 Volt's are sure tempting!) Hmmm, maybe it's worth noting that I'm a super commuter and make a round trip to work of 186 miles every day on an average of 1.9 gallons of gas. Around town driving seldom uses any gas at all. Totally awesome. One last note though - avoid use of Sport Mode when the CHP are around - it's hard to behave when you're having fun."

Never Dreamed that a Diesel Power hungry DuraMax

By on Sunday, April 30, 2017

Pros: "Great Seats . Unbelivably quiet , Great used car"

Cons: "No spare tire . So I installed one myself."

"Ive been studying the Chevy Volt since the GM team started working on its development. I like most of you have heard all the hype and all the nay Sayers too. As a general rule Im a truck Guy I drive a GMC DuraMax Diesel truck and I love the power and believe me when this Chiropractor tells you I LOVE the seats in my GMC. When I finally decided that I really wanted to try a Chevy Volt I looked for and found an extremely clean 2013 on E-bay for just under 12,000 so I paid cash and it was right at KBB used car private party value so if I did not like the car or its seats (remember Im a Chropractor) I could pawn it off on some EV lover. Little did I know how much I would be taken in by this great car. I love this car and yes at six feet four inches tall I love the seat comfort too. This coming from a guy who has driven Linoln , Cadilac, Buick and Mercedes all looking for a comfortable seat only for all of them to fall short of my GMC . Until now the GMC was the only seat I real liked but the Volt seat is very supportive in the Lumbar Spine which makes me very happy. I live in rural NV so localy its 55mph ,45mph 35mph and 25mph. My used 2013 with right at 40000 when I purchased it gets 40 EV only miles we never use Gas locally . When we drive 36.3 miles to our favorite resturaunt on I-15 at 75MPH its all EV over and 1 gallon of gas on the way home. On one hour 60 mile trips to Las Vegas it is a little better than half way EV then seamlessly converts to gas. Since we have owned our volt we have used only a little over one tank of gas almost all miles are EV only. It is great to be free of OPECs greedy hands."

Best vehicle ever owned. High quality

By on Saturday, December 26, 2015

Pros: "Exceptional quality performs as expected"

Cons: "Resale, likely due to unsustailable low gas prices"

"Volt has performed better than expected. Average 42 miles electric year round on single charge. Comforatble to drive, handles like a sports car."

Most fun driving ever!

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "quick, green, handling"

Cons: "could use a bit more soft materials in interior"

"Almost looked past the Volt, as have never been a GM fan- but wanted great mpg and needed it to be quick/smooth- not a Prius type hybrid boring drive. Volt is the best ever- a mini-Tesla. Love the fact it still runs as an electric car even when battery is depleted and gas engine runs battery generator. Smoothest, most quiet car ever and is not lathargic like most hybrids. Test drive one and you will be sold."

Best car I have owned yet

By on Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pros: "Low center of gravity, Torque, EREV"

Cons: "Visibility, Center console in rear seats"

"I've owned this car for 11 months and put 8500 miles on it and must say it is the best car I've owned so far. I've owned Audi, BMW, Chevy, SAAB, VW (in order; from most recent through first car). This car is a game changer. It handles well, is a blast to drive (plenty of torque) and is incredibly efficient (my lifetime MPG is 90+ after two big road trips using gas and considering my "lead foot"). I absolutely love it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals