2012 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 227 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Everyone should own one. 28000 miles and never any

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "160 mpg, uses 4amps for 10 hours to charge"

"used value not so good, so go buy one"

First 1000 miles

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"So far the Volt has exceeded our expectations. We have used just 1.18 gallons of gas in the first 1000 miles. If you factor in the cost of electricity we are still close to 200 mpg. The car has run flawlessly thus far, no bugs or software glitches. The ride is smooth and very quiet, like driving on a cloud. GM is very attentive to the Volt owners and has assigned a Volt Advisor who checks in monthly to be sure everything is OK and that there are no questions. They solicit feedback as well for changes/improvements. Probably more than most new vehicles, the Volt's value will depend upon your driving style and the range you drive in. Keeping it charged and in EV mode will bring the best return value. If overall cost is your main concern, a used car or more typical high MPG compact is probably a better choice. But if you want to drive the most interesting and technically advanced vehicle available, try the Volt. We love it!"

I love this car - but..

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Forget Gas, Stylish"

Cons: "Low Profile, Poor Heating, Expensive"

"I've been driving the volt now for about a year, and since I live in Montana I thought I'd answer questions I constantly get about the battery in cold weather. I've driven the Volt in temperatures as cold as -20 F and as warm as 99 F. You do lose battery range in the cold weather, but the company is pretty up front about this. On a normal day 50-80 degrees, I get a range of about 36 miles off of the battery before switching to gas. On the coldest days, that range went down to about 20. On the days where the temp is hitting around 100 I see a reduction down to around 32-30. The cooling system is great, but the heating leaves much to be desired. Also, the car is VERY low to the ground. Which is fine for city driving, but here in Montucky the roads tend to be less than perfect and no matter how carefully I drive the plastic panel they put on the front end is always scrapping. It turns heads and makes me feel like a teen again when people stare. This car is EXPENSIVE; but I'm saving around 100 bucks a month on gas, and that more or less evens out my payments after you consider the tax breaks. Those facts/complains aside: I love the Volt, and I'm not sure how I'll ever go back to driving any other car. I never got to the gas station anymore unless I'm traveling long distance, and even then the gas mileage is pretty good. It handles very well, and the interior makes me feel like I'm driving around an Ipod."

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, great ride"

Cons: "Would like another 20 miles of EV range."

"I have owned countless cars over the years and the Volt is the best I've owned regardless of price. In fact, I traded a 7 series BMW for this car and haven't missed it for a minute. The ride is smooth and silent. Handling is superb which I would credit to the low center of gravity provided by the 450 lb battery which runs down the center of the car. Forget the EPA rating nonesense! I average over 100+ mpg with a 140 mile round trip daily commute. If you check out the VoltDC app, you can look at what folks are getting all over the country. Most get even better mpg than I do since I end up using about 1 gal of gas a day. It has also been absolutely reliable, with no dealer visits in the over 22k miles other than tire rotations every 7500 miles (which were included in my maintenance warranty). I still have over 45% oil life left before I will need an oil change. This car is a no-brainer!"

Great car BAD PRESS!

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pros: "Drives and looks great! Suede seats. Stats onsta"

Cons: "Can't think of one."

"I have been looking at the Volt for the past four years. The thing that concerned me was the EPA 38EV mile rating. Recently I checked it out on Volt Stats, these are real world Volt stats, and they are impressive. Some of the people are at 98.9% EV miles. I said I don’t want to be a nut; I want to enjoy the car. Well folds we purchased 2014 Volt Saturday, and we have now put 223 miles on it in less than three days, and 217 are EV miles that is equals 97% EV miles. I drove the car to Costco with my wife on Saturday, and got 51 EV miles on a charge. The roundtrip was 56 miles, so 90% of my drive was EV miles. I drive a Corvette, and the Silverado like it is a Corvette, so I am not considered a conservative driver. My point is you don’t have to be and ultra conservative driver to easily beat the EPA estimate or most driver from the light. The instant torque at zero rpm is wonderful! The dealer filled the tank, which I thought was humorous. We didn’t buy the car to put gas in it; we have a Corvette that burns gas and rubber very well. My wife didn’t inform me that she could charge at work, until we were well into the purchasing the car. We bought the car, because we plan to drive it a lot! We have a Corvette, and Silverado. The Corvette has had zero miles put on it since we got the Volt home, and the Silverado 10 miles. We will use them for their intended purposes fun, and work. We live out of the city, and plum nearly out of the country. The road off the highway is awful! It is like and old washing rub board. The Volt rides better than the Silverado that has a much longer wheelbase, and is quitter. You can’t even tell it is same road. I was very impressed. It has the brownstone color, that doesn’t show dirt. We are lot more impressed owning the car, than the test drive. There is nothing like it for the money!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals