2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 224 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Smooth performance & handling.

By on Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pros: "Low maintenance costs, smooth electric drive"

Cons: "Rear vision. Center console controls"

"After 15,000 miles this volt delivers around 45 battery miles in our desert climate even with A/C. On long trips it averages about 40MPG. I keep a spare tire in the back for out of town drives, but run flat tires are available for a premium price. In battery mode this vehicle is remarkably quiet. Odd engine revving when the ICE kicks in. Visibility to the rear could be better. Wouldn't own one without a backup camera. No mechanical issues so far. Aftermarket 240V charger works fine and costs me about $1.80 to fully recharge in 4 hours at 11 cents a KWH. Center console not the easiest thing to get used to. Collision alert and lane change warning options work well."

Fun to drive - great mileage

By on Friday, June 12, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive - great mileage"

Cons: "Small back seat"

"A blast to drive. Even once the electric range is done, it gets good MPG (got right at 40 MPG on a 300 mile trip last week). Only drawback is the small back seat space. I'm over 6 foot tall, so the seat behind me is not usable when I drive since seat driver seat is all the way back. My wife and daughter are fine on the passenger side on trips, but a fourth would not work."

Doesn't get any better for me.

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride no shifting no gas."

Cons: "Not a CUV."

Looks like a regular car.. but it's far from it.

"I've owned my Volt for a month and have not been to a gas station. I don't think I will have to go the the gas station for many months .... this is not something you can say when you own a Hybrid car. The Volt is a electric car with a generator if you need it. I have yet to need the generator. My commute is a rough city hilly stop and go 10 mile ride each way. I easily go round trip and only use half the battery capacity... in the dead of winter. This is the longest I've ever gone without buying gas. The electric cost is 3cents per mile.. no ICE or Hybrid can come close to this for my commute...especially when the temperature does not go above freezing. After a month I'm still finding new features that amaze me with this car. Like the telephone call I got from the Volt customer care team dedicated to the Volt. All I have to do is hit the blue Onstar button and talk to them if I have a question. I feel this hilly city area of Pittsburgh is ideal for the Volt. I know I would have already used at least a 2 tanks of gas .. instead I've only used less than $20 in electricity... less than a small electric heater a lot of people are buying. One thing I know is that this is the most relaxing car that I ever drove. The no shifting is so effortless compared to the shifting and downshifting done by ICE transmissions. This car coasts uphills with no noise."

Looks like a regular car.. but it's far from it.

A great car

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Cons: "rear seat space.gadgets are everywhere in the car."

"We have owned our volt since 12/8/11. We have put a lot of miles on it thus far, 29,000. The car drives excellent and has been handling my wife's long commutes well. She drives approximately 150 miles per day. When she doesnt charge at work , she averages about 57 MPG to 60+MPG in depending on the weather. When she can plug in at work, she gets in excess of 110 MPG. The only thing the Volt is missing is additional room. For our family of four people and 2 dogs it is quite a departure from the SUV. However, we are saving about 400 to 500 a month in gas...that is substantial. with 29000 miles the car is still like new. very sold car on the road and the electric and technology in this car is pretty amazing."

Best purchase decision in a long time.

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "looks, technology, performance and economy"

Cons: "Could have more leg room for tall drivers."

"I traded in a 400hp Jaguar convertible for my new Chevy Volt. The dealership I worked with was more a Corvette than Volt dealer and there were some strange looks sent my way based upon the trade vehicle. After a month with the Volt, I can say that I have absolutely no regrets and, the car has 100% lived up to the promise. My 2012 Volt has the Low Emissions package and so I am eligible for rebates and tax credits totaling $9K. In addition, I just received HOV lane stickers and am now able to save from minutes to hours per day in commute time driving. All that plus it is fun to drive and I'm averaging over 60mpg with less than 40% of my miles as EV miles. In Sport Mode the torque of this vehicle is nearly exhilarating and that comment is from someone former supercharged Jaguar owner. All I can say is this is nearly a perfect car for me. I'm 6'5" and the leg room is a little cramped for me but then, I'm used to that with all medium to smaller model cars. In terms of looks, technology, performance and economy the Volt is the car to beat. A friend bought a Prius Plug-in Hybrid just prior to my Volt purchase ... he is very jealous and "if he had a do-over he would have a Volt in his garage"."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "almost never have to stop for gas!"

Cons: "lower range in the winter"

"car is comfortable, drives really well, handles well, accelerates well. also, cost is not that high when factoring in gas savings and the high residual values that GM assumes."

under rated

By on Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, amazing MPG, sporty looking, quiet"

Cons: "not LED everywhere, but that's fixable and cheap"

"I have no idea why more people aren't talking about this car. It's amazing. I get a lot of looks and questions when people see me in it. The power is surprisingly peppy in sport mode, enough to keep me satisfied. I've owned a corvette and a Nissan 300zx, and while the volt doesn't have as much horse power, the low end torque is pretty dang fun. I've never been as satisfied with a purchase as I am with my volt! My only complaint is that I want the extra features and battery life of the 2013 and newer year, but that's my fault for not buying newer."

10 of 10 actually higher

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Quiet... smoooth .. no shifting. MPG"

Cons: "I only wish it was a SUV but technology overides."

My White Chevy Volt 2013

"How do you rate a car that is unlike all other cars? My Chevy Volt rides quieter and smoother and gets better gas mileage than any other car I've ever driven. I've been saying that my 84 Caprice was the smoothest most quiet car I've ever owned.. the Volt is better... and it weighs the same as my Caprice... so it rides like a much larger car. One moving part in the electric Motor and no shifting .. no transmission gear shifting... just smooth acceleration no internal combustion engine can match at any price. I purchased my Volt for the same price as my neighbor paid for his small Honda which isn't as fast.. isn't nearly as quiet or smooth riding. I've averaged 94mpg in the dead of winter here in PA so far. I totally understand why half of Volt owners are former BMW and Mercedes owners. The Volt performs exactly as advertised... I agree with over 128,000 SAE automotive engineers from around the world who voted the Volt as the best engineered car on the road."

My White Chevy Volt 2013

Smart buy and fun to drive

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Great economy, Fun to Drive, Great Electronics"

Cons: "None so far"

"I own a GM, it's been a while. This car handles as well as the BMW that I traded in, is quieter and the economy is incredible. Averaging 90 MPG so far. After all rebates, tax incentives (Federal and MD) the price is reasonable. The electronics are excellent. This is the first car where the voice functions work for me. Starting the car, checking status etc from IPad is cool. I have owned every brand of car under 100k and this car amazes me. I have read all of the reviews and see that the car is a political lightning rod . Whatever. Works for this Republican."

Best car I ever have

By on Sunday, April 8, 2012

"I own a Prius 2007 with close to 150K and decided to go greener. My wife and I are not dissapointed, we just got it on her birthday (March 27) and drove mostly on every errand including her work. So far we have over 1,000 miles, with only 10 galons used due we were anxiuos to drive it, my wife loves its driving and I love my wallet. I anticipate to break-even in less than 100,000 miles (to save about $ 12K in gas vs. electrecity costs). If the car last to 200K or 250K I can anticipate to save enough to buy another electric w/o using much of middle east oil."

A winner!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Breakthrough technology that actually works."

Cons: "Pricey even with tax credit."

"This car is terrific! We've driven 1700 miles in 2.5 months and used 1 gallon of gasoline. Charging overnight on a 110v outlet has worked great and costs us about 1 cent/mile of range. We've been getting 35 - 45 miles of battery-only range, which is sufficient for almost all our daily driving. Plus it's a really nice car. The quietness of electric operation plus complete lack of any squeaks or rattles makes it feel luxurious. The ride is comfortable and the features are extensive. My wife and I practically fight over who gets to drive the Volt. I definitely could see buying another one when it's time to replace a vehicle."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"I love this car. I have had it for 4.5 years now with zero problems. It's a pleasure to drive. Costs me 1 cent per mile (Fairport Electric). Great perfectly smooth acceleration."

I have owned 19 cars and this is the best ever!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Only used 5.1 gallons in 2661 miles!"

Cons: "It's perfect nothing bothers me!"

"I have been a car nut my whole life owning a 2008 CTS, 2006 BMW 3 soft top, 2006 Ford Mustang GT to name a few. Right now I own my 2012 Volt and a 1965 Corvette Convertable and if I had to pick one it would be the 2012 Volt!. The price after tax credits came to $29,500 about $3,000 more then a Cruze, making my pay back less then 3 years. I live in Colorado so it cost about $.70 cents per day to charge because our rate is only $.o45 cents per KW (I get about 65 miles per day in electric only driving because I start with 44 miles on average and can get about 4 miles per hour on 120v, I was going to get the 240v charger but didn't see a need yet. I save about 3 gallons of gas (22 mpg city) I average 65 miles a day. Gas costs about 3.72 a gallon costing $11.16 and my electricity cost about $.70 cents saving me $10.46! If I use my car 28 days per month I am saving $292.88 a month or $3514.56 a year so over 3 years $10543.68. If I really cut it to the bone a Volts net cost is $29500 and a good price on a fully equipped Cruze is $25900,00 in Colorado. If you look at these numbers it only takes about a year to be equal. So far I have gone 2661 miles and my gas usage is at 5.1 ($18.97) total gas cost. The one money saving issue that will also save me is brakes and oil changes. If all the owners are telling the truth the brakes are lasting a very long time due to the regebitive braking plus oil changes that may come out to one every year or two. If I am missing something so far I can't figure it out. If I keep it 6 years my saving come to $21087.36 plus maintenance savings what car will cost you $8412.64 over the life of the loan and if you keep it 9 years it is cost neutral . So now we come to the driving dynamics, the car drives as good if not better than 90 percent of my past cars. It seats four people more then enough for my needs and it's almost the size of a midsize allowing everyone to be comfortable. I would like a sunroof but not having power seats isn't a big deal. The leather is soft and the black and white seats are a nice touch like an iPad car. The pickup is great and even better in sport mode the only change I would make is a lockout for either gas or electric something that they are adding for 2013 but since it is software why not add it to all the existing cars. I dove it on a extended ride and averaged about 37 miles per gallon on the highway not bad compared to all the 40mpg cars that barley get that in real life. I can't really complain about this car the fit and finish is great and so far it has been perfect and I think it will remain that way. GM made sure this car was as quoted and from the other people rating this car it is providing them perfection."

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, fun to own"

Cons: "4 seats biggest and only down fall"

"It is a drivers car. it handles like a sports car, yet easy to drive. I find the seats very comfortable, some find them too firm. The car is responsive and easy to handle. It has cool features of a high end car, yet is affordable. The price is a little high for most, but if you add the gas savings into the monthly payments, it worked out 52.00 better a month for me. I would recommend this car to the energy minded and the complete opposite minded, this is one car that anyone can agree with."

first electric car

By on Sunday, May 22, 2016

Pros: "AWESOME DRIVERS CAR QUICK AND HANDLES BEAUTIFULLY"

Cons: "TERRIBLE CONSOLE CONTROLS FOR RADIO, HTG/COOLING"

"took ownership in Oct 2015. Is an absolutely awesome car. Driving dynamics are awesome - handles beautifully-absolutely quiet as well. Typically leave it plugged in all the time and usually use the 12 amp rate not the 8amp. Have not had a need to install a higher voltage charger. Manual indicates that the car should be left plugged in as much as possible as it maintains correct battery temp. (here in phoenix, Az. our garage temps can hit 115 in the summer.) Side benefit is our utility offers a 6 cent/KW rate from 11:00pm to 5 am and 71/2 cent/kw rate from 5am to 1pm AWESOME - I am told THe car can be programmed to charge at specific times but have not set that up yet. Specifics. 1.It is ideal for us as our daily trips do not typically deplete the battery. We typically average 45 to 47 miles per charge due to a.suburban driving 40-50mph and b.use low setting (this just allows for much greater charge rate when you let up on the gas, also reduces brake wear-has no impact on gearing) OVer the first 6500 miles we have used just over 25 gallons of gas and are averaging just over 250 miles per gallon. Yahoo 2.Interior cramped. We knew this up front of course 3.Visibility could be better. Again we knew this up front 4.Touch controls on center console are terrible. No tactile feel. You must lake your eyes off the road to find the right spot to touch. That being said there are two great flip switches on the steering wheel one for cruise and one for cd player. Our solution is to have the passenger make those adjustments 5. Great feature is the pre-heat/pre-cool features for the car. The car is heated/cooled while plugged in so no hit to battery. 6.there is an economy setting for cooling which helps battery range and seat warmers that are great in cool weather."

Never though I would own and love a GM car.

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great lease"

Cons: "can't think of any yet"

"fantastic car NEVER in shop for anything, over 250 MPH, handles like a sports car. The people bashing this car either never had one and listen to FAUX news or truley got a lemon, and that happens with all cars. I have owned 2 Prius pryor to the volt , no comparson the volt feels much better and stronger built than the Prius. Try this simple test, just close the door on a volt and on a Prius and notice the diffrence. I really liked my Prius but the Volt is light years ahead."

Wonderful car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Awesome drive. Cheap to run."

Cons: "Rear seat room limited. Backup camera quality low."

"The electric car with gasoline backup concept intrigued me. I gave it a test drive and was hooked. Driving electric is addictive. Quiet and smooth and responsive. If you are at all interested, do yourself a favor and give it a test drive. I upgraded from a 2008 Prius. I liked the Prius, but I love my Volt. I am getting about 45 miles per charge and complete about 90% of my driving in electric. The gas engine gets about 40 mpg, which not as good as the Prius, is still better than most cars out there. I got a free 240 volt charger which was available where I live. It cost me a little over $17 in electricity for the month of July to go 553 miles and I used less than half a gallon of gasoline for what I couldn't do electric. The touch sensitive center stack takes a little getting used to and the backup camera is not the best quality, and the room in the rear seats is a little limited, but other than those minor issues, I have only good things to say about the Volt. People complain about the cost. It isn't the cheapest car, but after tax credits and factoring in savings on gas and maintenence, I find the car to be a great value. Prices will come down in the future as batteries get cheaper to manufacture."

Great Car for the right people

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "Almost never have to stop for gas"

Cons: "Sits too low to the ground."

"This is not a car for everyone but I have nothing but good things to say about this car. The charging system is great, no problems at all. When the temp is in the 70's and 80's I can get 44 to 49 miles to a charge. I almost never have to stop at a gas station."

Exceptional economy and versatility

By on Monday, April 27, 2015

Pros: "quick, sporty versatile, comfortable"

Cons: "lack of power seats. No spare tire"

"I bought this vehicle new. It has the premium package. Aside from the phenomenal mileage the car is great fun to drive. There have been absolutely no issues involving the propulsion system. GM nailed it! The only problems have involved a radio and power steering rack which had to be replaced and which is apparently part of a larger GM service bulletin I have two complaints. No power seats and no spare tire. A spare might seem unnecessary, however for those of us living in very sparsely inhabited states it can be very problematic. Already I have had a flat which the can of goo did not seal. Although the car was expensive it is worth your attention compared to what you get for the money. Now many cars of this vintage are coming off lease and should represent excellent used car value. The battery pack is covered with a ten year warranty and should not be considered a potential problem."

12 days in the service department first 5100 miles

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Interior"

Cons: "Reliability"

"I bought a volt in October of 2013, and immediately it had a CEL for charging system coolant failure. 3 days later I get my car back after driving it only 1 day and was told I must have used the brakes too much. 5000 miles later it is back in the shop for another CEL for charging system coolant failure. 9 days later they replace a coolant pump for the charging system and hope they have it fixed. Who knows."

So impressed w/wifes Volt, I bought one for myself

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pros: "Performance & handling for weight"

Cons: "Visability, redundant pushbuttons (clutter)"

"As an auto enthusiast, driving is more than just getting from point A to point B. That being said, the Volt exceeds expectations in performance, handling and styling for a "green" car. My wife has had hers for over a year and 12K miles. We exceed the all electric range quite a bit on her vehicle but still average over 200mpg + elect cost ~$1.00/day. My commute is nearly 100% electric and at over 4000 miles, I have consumed less than 4gal gas and am still on the original tank. As far as the comments on the electronics, the earlier vehicles like my wifes seem to be more problematic and needing several software upgrades. Mine being a later vehicle has not been in the shop so it appears many of the issues have been resolved. (this is the costs of being an early adopter for any totally new product)"

Just got it... Love it! Take that big oil

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Going to be a while before I have to stop for gas."

Cons: "They didnt have these 10 years ago."

"Got this car yesterday after researching it for months. Yes the price tag is high, yeah it could have power seats, but not using gas makes up for it. Silent power, seamless transition to gas. I get about 40 miles to a charge. The first day we had it I drove 130 miles and used less than 1.5 gal of gas. Very comfortable, sporty and fun to drive. In just talking about it, I have 2 others at work seriously considering buying one."

American Innovation is BACK!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "No Gas needed-but can take on long trip if you do."

Cons: "4 seats, More public charging stations in Midwest."

"Finally American Engineering has developed a game changer. I am amazed this car is not selling out production capability. I imagine it won't be long until everybody catches on that this is the only way to go Political Views and Tree huggers aside. I myself am no Tree hugger, my other car's have V8's in them. However, this car is so much fun to drive compared to any of those cars. I love the fact I just continue to pass gas stations as I watch people sitting in line waiting to pay $3.60 gal. for gas. I will occasionally stop for petro for myself e.g., coffee or soda but I just pull up to the door. Now what need to happen is for Restaurants, Malls, Stores, Cinemas, etc need to get on board and start adding charging stations so we can charge our cars while out and about. My current rate is $.08 Kw and I am averaging about 4.5 miles per Kw which is equivalent to 202mpg!!!"

Love it

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"Much better than my 2004 and 2007 Prius The Prius like a tin can compared to volt Fun to drive haven't used any gas yet"

I have gone through 3 chargers, they keep burning

By on Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Pros: "It's good for around town and in stoped traffic."

Cons: "Uncomfortable, low electric miles and bad chargers"

"Chevrolet told me it's my outlet at home and not the chargers! Chevrolet refuses to give me a new charger even though it's under warranty!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals