2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 223 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I love this car - but..

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Forget Gas, Stylish"

Cons: "Low Profile, Poor Heating, Expensive"

"I've been driving the volt now for about a year, and since I live in Montana I thought I'd answer questions I constantly get about the battery in cold weather. I've driven the Volt in temperatures as cold as -20 F and as warm as 99 F. You do lose battery range in the cold weather, but the company is pretty up front about this. On a normal day 50-80 degrees, I get a range of about 36 miles off of the battery before switching to gas. On the coldest days, that range went down to about 20. On the days where the temp is hitting around 100 I see a reduction down to around 32-30. The cooling system is great, but the heating leaves much to be desired. Also, the car is VERY low to the ground. Which is fine for city driving, but here in Montucky the roads tend to be less than perfect and no matter how carefully I drive the plastic panel they put on the front end is always scrapping. It turns heads and makes me feel like a teen again when people stare. This car is EXPENSIVE; but I'm saving around 100 bucks a month on gas, and that more or less evens out my payments after you consider the tax breaks. Those facts/complains aside: I love the Volt, and I'm not sure how I'll ever go back to driving any other car. I never got to the gas station anymore unless I'm traveling long distance, and even then the gas mileage is pretty good. It handles very well, and the interior makes me feel like I'm driving around an Ipod."

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, great ride"

Cons: "Would like another 20 miles of EV range."

"I have owned countless cars over the years and the Volt is the best I've owned regardless of price. In fact, I traded a 7 series BMW for this car and haven't missed it for a minute. The ride is smooth and silent. Handling is superb which I would credit to the low center of gravity provided by the 450 lb battery which runs down the center of the car. Forget the EPA rating nonesense! I average over 100+ mpg with a 140 mile round trip daily commute. If you check out the VoltDC app, you can look at what folks are getting all over the country. Most get even better mpg than I do since I end up using about 1 gal of gas a day. It has also been absolutely reliable, with no dealer visits in the over 22k miles other than tire rotations every 7500 miles (which were included in my maintenance warranty). I still have over 45% oil life left before I will need an oil change. This car is a no-brainer!"

Great car BAD PRESS!

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pros: "Drives and looks great! Suede seats. Stats onsta"

Cons: "Can't think of one."

"I have been looking at the Volt for the past four years. The thing that concerned me was the EPA 38EV mile rating. Recently I checked it out on Volt Stats, these are real world Volt stats, and they are impressive. Some of the people are at 98.9% EV miles. I said I don’t want to be a nut; I want to enjoy the car. Well folds we purchased 2014 Volt Saturday, and we have now put 223 miles on it in less than three days, and 217 are EV miles that is equals 97% EV miles. I drove the car to Costco with my wife on Saturday, and got 51 EV miles on a charge. The roundtrip was 56 miles, so 90% of my drive was EV miles. I drive a Corvette, and the Silverado like it is a Corvette, so I am not considered a conservative driver. My point is you don’t have to be and ultra conservative driver to easily beat the EPA estimate or most driver from the light. The instant torque at zero rpm is wonderful! The dealer filled the tank, which I thought was humorous. We didn’t buy the car to put gas in it; we have a Corvette that burns gas and rubber very well. My wife didn’t inform me that she could charge at work, until we were well into the purchasing the car. We bought the car, because we plan to drive it a lot! We have a Corvette, and Silverado. The Corvette has had zero miles put on it since we got the Volt home, and the Silverado 10 miles. We will use them for their intended purposes fun, and work. We live out of the city, and plum nearly out of the country. The road off the highway is awful! It is like and old washing rub board. The Volt rides better than the Silverado that has a much longer wheelbase, and is quitter. You can’t even tell it is same road. I was very impressed. It has the brownstone color, that doesn’t show dirt. We are lot more impressed owning the car, than the test drive. There is nothing like it for the money!"

My favorit car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and one time tax credit"

Cons: "no spare tire small air comprssor to fix flat"

"I love this car! 68 mpg lifetime. 142 mpg on this last tank of gas. My electric bill did not go through the roof. It costs about $1 a charge. Most of my driving can be done in electric but when I run out of electric car goes seamlessly into gas mode. On a trip last summer when I could not charge I still got 40mpg driving at highway speeds of 75mph using the AC. When lease is up I will be leasing another."

Glad I waited and glad I bought it

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"I was interested in this car when I first heard about the concept in about 2006 or so. When it was time to replace my 1996 Chevy Cavalier 165,000 miles the Volt was not available so I went with the Honda Civic hybrid. I was satisfied with the car and unlike some averaged 47 miles per gallon with it. When the 2013 Volt came out with the "Hold" feature I thought I would take a look since my commute is 42 miles round trip with a two mile long 10% grade hill. The version I picked had a sticker price of almost $42000. Wow, but with the $7500 federal rebate, $3500 state rebate, about $3000 off the sticker price, $2000 cash back from Chevy, and 0% financing the deal was tough to pass up. $26000 is not that much more than a similar equipped Camery and the like. The car drives great. So far the best range I have gotten is 50 miles on days with the high temperature around 60F and the worst range has been 35 miles with high temperature around 20F. The total energy usage (gas + electricity) so far has been between $40 per month in November to $50 in January traveling about 1,000 per month. Yes it might not break even for a very long time compared a Honda Fit but these cars really can't compare. Saying the Volt will not make up the price difference over a $15000 car might be true but it's is not a $15000 car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals