2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 227 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

My favorit car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and one time tax credit"

Cons: "no spare tire small air comprssor to fix flat"

"I love this car! 68 mpg lifetime. 142 mpg on this last tank of gas. My electric bill did not go through the roof. It costs about $1 a charge. Most of my driving can be done in electric but when I run out of electric car goes seamlessly into gas mode. On a trip last summer when I could not charge I still got 40mpg driving at highway speeds of 75mph using the AC. When lease is up I will be leasing another."

Glad I waited and glad I bought it

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"I was interested in this car when I first heard about the concept in about 2006 or so. When it was time to replace my 1996 Chevy Cavalier 165,000 miles the Volt was not available so I went with the Honda Civic hybrid. I was satisfied with the car and unlike some averaged 47 miles per gallon with it. When the 2013 Volt came out with the "Hold" feature I thought I would take a look since my commute is 42 miles round trip with a two mile long 10% grade hill. The version I picked had a sticker price of almost $42000. Wow, but with the $7500 federal rebate, $3500 state rebate, about $3000 off the sticker price, $2000 cash back from Chevy, and 0% financing the deal was tough to pass up. $26000 is not that much more than a similar equipped Camery and the like. The car drives great. So far the best range I have gotten is 50 miles on days with the high temperature around 60F and the worst range has been 35 miles with high temperature around 20F. The total energy usage (gas + electricity) so far has been between $40 per month in November to $50 in January traveling about 1,000 per month. Yes it might not break even for a very long time compared a Honda Fit but these cars really can't compare. Saying the Volt will not make up the price difference over a $15000 car might be true but it's is not a $15000 car."

Never Dreamed that a Diesel Power hungry DuraMax

By on Sunday, April 30, 2017

Pros: "Great Seats . Unbelivably quiet , Great used car"

Cons: "No spare tire . So I installed one myself."

"Ive been studying the Chevy Volt since the GM team started working on its development. I like most of you have heard all the hype and all the nay Sayers too. As a general rule Im a truck Guy I drive a GMC DuraMax Diesel truck and I love the power and believe me when this Chiropractor tells you I LOVE the seats in my GMC. When I finally decided that I really wanted to try a Chevy Volt I looked for and found an extremely clean 2013 on E-bay for just under 12,000 so I paid cash and it was right at KBB used car private party value so if I did not like the car or its seats (remember Im a Chropractor) I could pawn it off on some EV lover. Little did I know how much I would be taken in by this great car. I love this car and yes at six feet four inches tall I love the seat comfort too. This coming from a guy who has driven Linoln , Cadilac, Buick and Mercedes all looking for a comfortable seat only for all of them to fall short of my GMC . Until now the GMC was the only seat I real liked but the Volt seat is very supportive in the Lumbar Spine which makes me very happy. I live in rural NV so localy its 55mph ,45mph 35mph and 25mph. My used 2013 with right at 40000 when I purchased it gets 40 EV only miles we never use Gas locally . When we drive 36.3 miles to our favorite resturaunt on I-15 at 75MPH its all EV over and 1 gallon of gas on the way home. On one hour 60 mile trips to Las Vegas it is a little better than half way EV then seamlessly converts to gas. Since we have owned our volt we have used only a little over one tank of gas almost all miles are EV only. It is great to be free of OPECs greedy hands."

Smooth ride

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "Very well built"

Cons: "Although good enough, could be little more roomy."

"I bought the 2014 Volt Premium about a month ago, and the more I learn about it, the more I like it. I did trade a 2012 Prius plug in hybrid on it, and with no regrets. Although the Prius was a great car with an average 47 MPG, its EV mode maxed out at 12 miles. The Volt is way ahead of all other Plug in hybrids, owning it is proof enough."

Great car with great design

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Pros: "great long term money saver"

Cons: "overly complicated radio nav system"

"I love the car. It has saved us a lot of money at the gas pump. We get to commute on electric only, but use some gas at times. We pay about 10 to 20 bucks a month at the pump. I have two complaints, first the radio/navigation area is very complicated. I have to take my eyes off the road to make sure I have pushed the correct button. I know this is minor but it really irks me. Secondly (I think) it should have air conditioned seats. It has heated seats and it has good A/C but it should have had seats with built in A/C. I know it is also minor but again it would have made traveling better when we do travel. The only other thing I will have to comment on which is out of anyones control is the depreciation. It has gone down in value faster than we have paid off the note, so it could have long term problems if we decide to resell. Overall its a very good car and would buy it again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals