2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 225 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Smooth and Efficient

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive!"

Cons: "seats are a little stiff"

"It is nice to read on the dashboard "155mpg". It only takes 3.5 hrs for a full 45-50 mile range charge.I spend $22 in gas every month and a half and my electric bill only went up $17/mo. The money I saved in gas, I could have bought 2 volts. When you put the car into "Sport mode" I can take almost any car off the line up to 50 mph...very spunky. It beats any hyrid/electric in looks, performance and efficiency."

Love the Volt!

By on Sunday, October 4, 2015

Pros: "Savings, comfort, really great driving experience."

Cons: "Rug holds dog hair."

"I love my Volt. It's so quiet and mellow to drive it's relaxing. Has great pickup and so you never need to worry about getting around things. I hardly ever buy gas and so have saved about $100 a month since I got it."

Surprisingly quick and rarely needs gas

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks great, and rarely uses gas"

Cons: "Rear seat legroom very tight"

Get the polished wheels!

"This car is everything I hoped it would be. My driving pattern is mostly short hops with a trip to downtown now and then. I've only spent $33 on gas (two fillups) in four months, and I still have half of that in the gas tank. Not only is it efficient, it's actually fun to drive and very high-tech inside. A great-looking car that drives well and rarely needs gas. It's a winner, especially with the $10K worth of incentives. Bottom line price was about $23K for a car that sticker priced at almost $39K - unbelievable. Don't be scared off by the low resale value; the incentives make it a very good deal."

Get the polished wheels!

My Fav Car Ever!

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Total cost to own is low, very fun to drive"

Cons: "Small, some controls are a little complex"

"It's a great price/deal if you factor in the rebates and fuel savings. Do the math - FAR better than a hybrid. Those 40 electric miles I get every day fill most of my miles at about 100 mpg equivalent. I love the way it drives - much sportier than I expected. It's quicker and handles better than any non-sports car I have ever owned, and quieter, too. Even when it uses gas it only uses it to power a generator, so it is technically always running on electricity - no loud shifting of gears! The technology and computer console is impressive and fun. This is small car that fits me perfectly, but tall or large people may feel differently. Although the quality of construction feels high, I had to give it an 8 on reliability but I confess this is based on my anti-Chevy bias. It's reliability for the past 4 years looks strong and I am hoping my first Chevy will have a repair record similar to my Toyotas and Hondas. Be smart with your research and you will want this car! OK, got to go drive it now...somewhere...anywhere..."

Use very little gas

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage uses mostly electric"

Cons: "Cramped interior, no air AC vents for rear seats."

"Love the ride. Handles wonderfully. The major drawback that I see is that the headroom is lacking especially entering and exiting the car. I wish it had a little bit more interior room and I would also like to see it seat five people. No airconditioning vents in the rear which is a major drawback on a hot summers day. I use very little gas driving locally. I do love the hold feature which allows me to drive across alligator Alley to Naples on gas and then go back to electric. Despite having no lumbar feature or power seats most people can get pretty comfortable in this car. Would also like to see it have a little bit larger gas tank so if I decided to take a vacation out of the state I wouldn't have to fill up so many times. I'm leasing this car and my lease is up in September 2015 so I can't wait to see with the new Volt looks like, if it's a bigger version I will definitely lease or buy another one."

Never drive an ICE vehicle again

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

"Completely thrilled with this vehicle. Bought gas last JUNE. Getting well over 200mpg. Stealth quiet drive. Absolutely zero problems with this vehicle."

great car

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"able to charge at home and free at work 70 mile round trip without using any gas about $32 a month in electric"

Fun to drive, smart to own.

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

"The car has been a great blessing to me. I have enjoyed all of the special features and quiet drives. I drive less than 40 miles a day so I usually drive solely on electric but it is fun to go on road trips. I have been across the country a couple times and I don't feel sorry paying at the pump. I took a test drive just to check the car out and fell in love, I suggest you do the same. I test drove a tesla car recently and I would love to upgrade, but for the price the volt is awesome because it has the best of both worlds."

A great experience; not for everyone though

By on Thursday, May 2, 2013

"The Volt is quite the car. I commute 50 miles per day, round trip. Employer allows me to recharge during the day which worked out great during winter in central IL. Certainly this car's range is reduced in cold (and I am assuming hot) weather. Yet, even in worst of times it would go 25-30 miles on a full charge. Now getting 45+ easily during spring. Handles great, even in snow. Run-and-gunners would not get as much enjoyment from the vehicle but perhaps it may adjust driving habits. Can't think of a better car that I've owned. Now if charging stations would just be a little more popular..."

Third year with the Volt and Still Love It!

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

Pros: "It's electric! Nice fit and finish too!"

Cons: "Wish it were $7K cheaper"

"I traded in my 2008 BMW M5 for the Volt because I was getting tired of going to the gas station 2X/week (the M5 gets 12 mpg and has a small tank to boot). The fit/finish of the Volt is similar to a small BMW 3 series -- nice leather, decent sound, comfortable seating. Its handling is tight and nimble. The torque (with no sound!) is truly amazing (make sure to switch to sport mode!). I drive around SF during the week and on weekends frequently drive up to the Tahoe mountains. The flexibility of electric/gas make it a great cross-over between today and the future. I love the car and will switch to the Cadillac ELR at the end of my lease next year!"

best of many vehicles I've owned.

By on Monday, December 1, 2014

Pros: "mileage, technology that works, unique."

Cons: ""A" pillars are a bit wide."

"I had no intention of buying this car till I drove one. I had seen a few of them but they never really appealed to me so didn't consider them to be "my" type of car, and I've had a lot of new cars. Why Chevy doesn't promote this car more is a mystery to me. I can honestly say after 6 months and 2,500 I am more impressed with it each time I get in and out it. Have Nav with backup camera, Bose, rear park sensors, leather, heated seats and chrome wheels and more. This car has rock solid build quality, good driving/ riding qualities, and is really a technological marvel. I lucked out and bought at a time when they offered no interest for 72 mos. and with the federal and stated tax credits, well that was "icing on the cake". Love the smart phone app which allows status notifications of charging,tire pressures miles driven and other things. Standard remote start is great in the cold weather. I think the people at Chevy thought of just about everything to make this an outstanding vehicle. Still waiting to give the car a test in the fairly heavy snow but talk on the forums is positive."

No V8 comes close to the quiet smooth power.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Performance of the electric drive is superior."

Cons: "Not wanting to dive my other ICE cars."

"I charge my Volt on a standard 120v charger which is standard equipment that comes with the car. There is not need for a 240v charger. The first full year I went to a gas station one time to get 9 gallons of gas for the generator which only runs when I need it. My commute is 10.5miles of hard city stop and go driving up and down the hills of western PA. last year 8300 miles cost me less than $275.. I'm very happy with that. I was back to the dealer one time to have the tires rotated. No oil changes and only one trip to the gas station. Less than $275 for total maintenance gas and electricity. I have a wattmeter on the charger that tells me how much it costs to charge the car. I agree with 128,000 SAE automotive engineers from around the world who voted the CHEVY VOLT as the BEST ENGINEERED CAR ON THE ROAD TODAY."

Absolutely the finest car that I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Reliable, Eco-friendly, Sound System = A+++++"

Cons: "For this size and type of car ... no "cons"."

"This car is outstanding! Nicest car I have ever owned (and I've owned a Prius, Corvettes, Volvo convertible sport car, Alpha Romero, etc.). When I purchased the Volt, I received five years of free "On-Star", regular maintenance (with loaner car), and emergency road service. With the $7,500 tax credit, it was totally worth the price! I have 10K miles on the car and am getting 145+ miles per gallon. I've used 68 gallons of gas since I bought the car new. I am a left-leg amputee and this car has more leg room for me than some large sedans. Wonderful craftsmanship and attention to detail. The concert quality sound system will blow you away!"

Fantastic driving experience

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient, fun to drive, best styling"

Cons: "4 seats, poor promotion"

"I like my 2013 Volt so much I bought a second one. The Volt is all around a great car. Average gas mileage has been about 150 MPG when factoring both gas and electric usage. Went on a couple of long trips just on gas and got around 38 MPG. But it is best around town and short trips where we use almost exclusively electric. When going for test drives at different dealerships, no one had a Volt with a charge. They obviously do not know how to promote this car or realize what they have."

Can't stop smiling

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, versatile, economical"

Cons: "rear seat room, poor marketing of product"

"I've been driving for several decades and I suffer from Goldilocks syndrome, finding a vehicle I look forward to driving daily. I like the ability to solar charge my car at home while none of the range anxiety the pure electrics produce. It is a pleasure to drive, has the perfect blend of form and function. I haven't owned a GM vehicle in nearly 35 years, this brought me back. Amazing car, hope they make an CUV or SUV soon."

Sporty, lots of torque and fun fun fun to drive.

By on Saturday, August 9, 2014

Pros: "Only get 7 gallons of gas about every 6 weeks."

Cons: "Only four seats"

"I'm averaging 123 miles per gallon after 39,000 miles. Had to rent a gas car on vacation in another city, wow, what a reality check, gas cars are doomed. Once you get used to the smooth effortless power of electric you'll never want a gas car again."

Not a perfect car but saves gas...

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

"I have a few gripes about my volt. 1. Rear seat legroom is a joke. 2. No a/c vent in backseat. 3. Backup camera not vivid like the Toyota. 4. No power seats or lumbar available Positives are: 1. Doesn't use gas very often 2. Great Bose stereo system 3. Nice styling. Aerodynamic. 4. Gets good gas mileage when using gas."

What is a car worth

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "great car to drive and safe"

Cons: "charging stations are not in the GUI gas is"

"Why do you buy a car? How does it preform? What it is or will be worth investment? Fun or pleasure or work? If these are your desires do not ever buy a car. Cars are not an investment and will never bring back what you paid for it. Cars ware out some quicker than others even the best car. Now about my Volt, I did not buy it for an investment but what a car should be bought for is how much will it cost me to keep it up for the time I will own it. Thus far over 100 miles to a gallon of gas and yes I expect to buy gas as needed. Comfortable to drive, easy on the eyes and the Voice Commands keep me from touching the Stack buttons. Change a radio station by voice only, make a call and many other things without taking my eyes of the road. your old style changing station the one you plug up will be in the past soon check out http://web.ornl.gov EV wireless charging. I commend GM for the first and only car of its kind as in anything new there will be problems, but in time it will get better. meanwhile I will enjoy this car as it is."

Finally, a car that is fun to drive affordable!

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "Newer lower pricing, Fast, Quiet, Averaging 96 mpg"

Cons: "Doesn't cut the grass or do laundry..."

"I have owned 50+ vehicles and this is by far my favorite to drive. It is crazy fast in "Sport" mode, haven't purchased gas in 7 months and can take it anywhere with or without charging stations. I find it surprising that most folks don't realize you can go without buying gas when you stay in town but can also take it across country just like a "normal" car if you desire,(getting 38 mpg!) Chevy is really pricing these Volts well in the past month and if they made a mini SUV (like the Honda CRV )with this setup, I would get one for my wife. Note: I own a Mercedes facility and look forward to driving my Volt home after work everyday!"

Great one

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Cons: "Four seater"

"Great driver, quick in traffic, 122 mpg to date, fine stable road car on 1000 mile trip on gas, gets 38 mpg on gas, 34 to 42 miles on battery charge. Absolutely trouble free for 24,000 miles to date. Best car I've had includes BMW, Porsche, Honda, VW, Volvo"

2014 Volt Rocks!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun, excellent build quality, energy efficiency"

Cons: "Can't think of any..."

"Chevy Volt is a well built American made car that has exceeded our expectations for performance (its quick and extremely energy efficient), comfort and build quality. Our Volt has used about one gallon of gas and 12 dollars in electricity over the first month of ownership. We drive the car just about every day. Kudos to the GM engineers and auto workers of Michigan for building one of the most fuel efficient, fun and reliable vehicles available in America!"

Comfy, Unique Experience

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Smooth & Quiet"

Cons: "120v charge time, limited storage, 38 mile battery"

My wife loves it - see that smile?

"This car is just a pleasure to drive. The sensations are relatively unique to someone who hasn't owned an electric before. I LOVE driving this machine - so smooth and quiet. It makes me smile to get the rush of acceleration without noise or exhaust. My fuel cost savings minus electricity cost is generating a HUGE savings over the Pontiac SUV it replaces. AWESOME"

My wife loves it - see that smile?

Great value

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Solid, quiet, smooth, awesome options"

Cons: "Brakes take getting used to."

"I monitor my electrical use with a Kill-A-Watt meter.  Cool tool.  I found that average charging time is 10 hours at 1.3 kilowatts per hour.  A total of 13 kwh, (kilowatt hours).  I average 40 miles per charge. 45 on warm days and 35 on cold days. At present power rates in my area, this equates to $0.029 per mile. At present gas prices, this equates to 130 mpg. I have driven the car 1,500 miles of which 1,300 are electric. Charging cost $39. That millage in my old car would have cost a little over $200. I still have original gas in the tank. About 90 miles. Will probably make my first gas station visit in about 3 weeks. The car is very solid. Very smooth and very quiet."

It was good early on

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive when its not broke down"

Cons: "Everything"

"The first 6 months was almost trouble free, only had it in the dealer a few times for electrical problems but its been a nightmere since then. Even if it was a totally problem free car the battery range is getting less all the time. I have an 18 mile drive each way to work and back home each day so on paper I should be able to make it to work and back on battery only. When I first got the car I would get close to home before the gas engine would need to start and take me the rest of the way but now I cant even make it half way to work and the batteries are drained. The dealer test's the batteries and they said they "check out ok". There is no warranty for loss of range so I am now stuck with a gas car that I paid twice as much as any other comparably sized gas car out there and the resale value is horrible. Its funny that most of the good reviews on this car are from people that only have a few thousand miles or less... mabey people should wait more than a month to rave how great a car is so people like me dont make a mistake and buy a car based on all the "good reviews"."

2013 VOLT is the best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Up to 47 miles of EV range in Summer w AC"

Cons: "Winter Heating drops EV range to 32-35"

2013 Chevrolet VOLT - Topaz Silver/Black Leather 5 Door Sedan

"I took my first step into PHEV ownership on August 17, 2012 when I took delivery of a new 2013 Chevrolet VOLT (Silver Topaz/Black Premium). My 46 mile round trip commute was eating up $65.00/week in premium fuel in my 2011 Infiniti M37. As I was debating my alternatives, the executive in charge of my company’s fleet told me that he’d been driving a 2012 VOLT for several months and was incredibly impressed with the vehicle. What got my attention were his comments on build quality, the incredibly quiet ride and the electric vehicle range; on some days he got almost all the way home (60 miles) on a charge! That got my attention. But at over $43,000 MSRP (before GM reduced by $5,000 near end of the model year), I was not attracted by the high cost of acquisition (almost $600/month). So I waited for the right lease deal. So far, I’ve spent $6,300 to drive 14,004 miles, or $.45/mile: $4,200 for lease payments, $1,000 for insurance – both of which are normal costs for mid-market ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) vehicle. The savings are clearly made up in fuel ($465 gas & electric) and maintenance ($25). OnStar Diagnostics reports 3,127 kWh were used to drive 12,937 EV miles. I’ve tracked my monthly home electric utility bill since switching to the PEV rate at $.104/kWh deriving total EV miles driven at a cost of just $325. If you add in the Lv2 charger ($629), my EV fuel cost is $954 ($.07/mile). Gasoline ($139) is for post delivery purchases, excluding the ‘free’ tank of gas from Chevrolet. Amazingly, I have reduced my fuel consumption cost by 75% in total or $1,366! That’s equal to almost four months’ lease payments! Add in the residential electric savings ($363) and that’s 5 months free lease payments. IF you include costs avoided, the VOLT total cost of ownership is $4,562 or $.326/mile. The 2013 Chevrolet VOLT is the best vehicle I have ever owned! That’s a big statement from someone who worked in the auto industry, and has driven and owned so many vehicles. Yes it has some things I hope VOLT 2.0 addresses (inefficient heater core which sucks the life out of the battery, loosening up some of the 40% battery reserve to extend range to 50-75 miles per charge). But for my particular driving purposes it is nearly perfect: a metro area commute, limited need to carry back seat passengers and plenty of room for luggage, groceries and Costco trips. This is a well designed, well built (shout out to GM D’HAM Vehicle Assembly Plant) and nicely appointed vehicle which is just very rewarding to drive. You simply cannot underestimate the psychic satisfaction of the driving experience of a Chevrolet VOLT until you own one."

2013 Chevrolet VOLT - Topaz Silver/Black Leather 5 Door Sedan

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals