2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 224 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

A winner!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Breakthrough technology that actually works."

Cons: "Pricey even with tax credit."

"This car is terrific! We've driven 1700 miles in 2.5 months and used 1 gallon of gasoline. Charging overnight on a 110v outlet has worked great and costs us about 1 cent/mile of range. We've been getting 35 - 45 miles of battery-only range, which is sufficient for almost all our daily driving. Plus it's a really nice car. The quietness of electric operation plus complete lack of any squeaks or rattles makes it feel luxurious. The ride is comfortable and the features are extensive. My wife and I practically fight over who gets to drive the Volt. I definitely could see buying another one when it's time to replace a vehicle."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"I love this car. I have had it for 4.5 years now with zero problems. It's a pleasure to drive. Costs me 1 cent per mile (Fairport Electric). Great perfectly smooth acceleration."

I have owned 19 cars and this is the best ever!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Only used 5.1 gallons in 2661 miles!"

Cons: "It's perfect nothing bothers me!"

"I have been a car nut my whole life owning a 2008 CTS, 2006 BMW 3 soft top, 2006 Ford Mustang GT to name a few. Right now I own my 2012 Volt and a 1965 Corvette Convertable and if I had to pick one it would be the 2012 Volt!. The price after tax credits came to $29,500 about $3,000 more then a Cruze, making my pay back less then 3 years. I live in Colorado so it cost about $.70 cents per day to charge because our rate is only $.o45 cents per KW (I get about 65 miles per day in electric only driving because I start with 44 miles on average and can get about 4 miles per hour on 120v, I was going to get the 240v charger but didn't see a need yet. I save about 3 gallons of gas (22 mpg city) I average 65 miles a day. Gas costs about 3.72 a gallon costing $11.16 and my electricity cost about $.70 cents saving me $10.46! If I use my car 28 days per month I am saving $292.88 a month or $3514.56 a year so over 3 years $10543.68. If I really cut it to the bone a Volts net cost is $29500 and a good price on a fully equipped Cruze is $25900,00 in Colorado. If you look at these numbers it only takes about a year to be equal. So far I have gone 2661 miles and my gas usage is at 5.1 ($18.97) total gas cost. The one money saving issue that will also save me is brakes and oil changes. If all the owners are telling the truth the brakes are lasting a very long time due to the regebitive braking plus oil changes that may come out to one every year or two. If I am missing something so far I can't figure it out. If I keep it 6 years my saving come to $21087.36 plus maintenance savings what car will cost you $8412.64 over the life of the loan and if you keep it 9 years it is cost neutral . So now we come to the driving dynamics, the car drives as good if not better than 90 percent of my past cars. It seats four people more then enough for my needs and it's almost the size of a midsize allowing everyone to be comfortable. I would like a sunroof but not having power seats isn't a big deal. The leather is soft and the black and white seats are a nice touch like an iPad car. The pickup is great and even better in sport mode the only change I would make is a lockout for either gas or electric something that they are adding for 2013 but since it is software why not add it to all the existing cars. I dove it on a extended ride and averaged about 37 miles per gallon on the highway not bad compared to all the 40mpg cars that barley get that in real life. I can't really complain about this car the fit and finish is great and so far it has been perfect and I think it will remain that way. GM made sure this car was as quoted and from the other people rating this car it is providing them perfection."

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, fun to own"

Cons: "4 seats biggest and only down fall"

"It is a drivers car. it handles like a sports car, yet easy to drive. I find the seats very comfortable, some find them too firm. The car is responsive and easy to handle. It has cool features of a high end car, yet is affordable. The price is a little high for most, but if you add the gas savings into the monthly payments, it worked out 52.00 better a month for me. I would recommend this car to the energy minded and the complete opposite minded, this is one car that anyone can agree with."

first electric car

By on Sunday, May 22, 2016

Pros: "AWESOME DRIVERS CAR QUICK AND HANDLES BEAUTIFULLY"

Cons: "TERRIBLE CONSOLE CONTROLS FOR RADIO, HTG/COOLING"

"took ownership in Oct 2015. Is an absolutely awesome car. Driving dynamics are awesome - handles beautifully-absolutely quiet as well. Typically leave it plugged in all the time and usually use the 12 amp rate not the 8amp. Have not had a need to install a higher voltage charger. Manual indicates that the car should be left plugged in as much as possible as it maintains correct battery temp. (here in phoenix, Az. our garage temps can hit 115 in the summer.) Side benefit is our utility offers a 6 cent/KW rate from 11:00pm to 5 am and 71/2 cent/kw rate from 5am to 1pm AWESOME - I am told THe car can be programmed to charge at specific times but have not set that up yet. Specifics. 1.It is ideal for us as our daily trips do not typically deplete the battery. We typically average 45 to 47 miles per charge due to a.suburban driving 40-50mph and b.use low setting (this just allows for much greater charge rate when you let up on the gas, also reduces brake wear-has no impact on gearing) OVer the first 6500 miles we have used just over 25 gallons of gas and are averaging just over 250 miles per gallon. Yahoo 2.Interior cramped. We knew this up front of course 3.Visibility could be better. Again we knew this up front 4.Touch controls on center console are terrible. No tactile feel. You must lake your eyes off the road to find the right spot to touch. That being said there are two great flip switches on the steering wheel one for cruise and one for cd player. Our solution is to have the passenger make those adjustments 5. Great feature is the pre-heat/pre-cool features for the car. The car is heated/cooled while plugged in so no hit to battery. 6.there is an economy setting for cooling which helps battery range and seat warmers that are great in cool weather."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals