2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 224 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Smooth performance & handling.

By on Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pros: "Low maintenance costs, smooth electric drive"

Cons: "Rear vision. Center console controls"

"After 15,000 miles this volt delivers around 45 battery miles in our desert climate even with A/C. On long trips it averages about 40MPG. I keep a spare tire in the back for out of town drives, but run flat tires are available for a premium price. In battery mode this vehicle is remarkably quiet. Odd engine revving when the ICE kicks in. Visibility to the rear could be better. Wouldn't own one without a backup camera. No mechanical issues so far. Aftermarket 240V charger works fine and costs me about $1.80 to fully recharge in 4 hours at 11 cents a KWH. Center console not the easiest thing to get used to. Collision alert and lane change warning options work well."

Fun to drive - great mileage

By on Friday, June 12, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive - great mileage"

Cons: "Small back seat"

"A blast to drive. Even once the electric range is done, it gets good MPG (got right at 40 MPG on a 300 mile trip last week). Only drawback is the small back seat space. I'm over 6 foot tall, so the seat behind me is not usable when I drive since seat driver seat is all the way back. My wife and daughter are fine on the passenger side on trips, but a fourth would not work."

Doesn't get any better for me.

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride no shifting no gas."

Cons: "Not a CUV."

Looks like a regular car.. but it's far from it.

"I've owned my Volt for a month and have not been to a gas station. I don't think I will have to go the the gas station for many months .... this is not something you can say when you own a Hybrid car. The Volt is a electric car with a generator if you need it. I have yet to need the generator. My commute is a rough city hilly stop and go 10 mile ride each way. I easily go round trip and only use half the battery capacity... in the dead of winter. This is the longest I've ever gone without buying gas. The electric cost is 3cents per mile.. no ICE or Hybrid can come close to this for my commute...especially when the temperature does not go above freezing. After a month I'm still finding new features that amaze me with this car. Like the telephone call I got from the Volt customer care team dedicated to the Volt. All I have to do is hit the blue Onstar button and talk to them if I have a question. I feel this hilly city area of Pittsburgh is ideal for the Volt. I know I would have already used at least a 2 tanks of gas .. instead I've only used less than $20 in electricity... less than a small electric heater a lot of people are buying. One thing I know is that this is the most relaxing car that I ever drove. The no shifting is so effortless compared to the shifting and downshifting done by ICE transmissions. This car coasts uphills with no noise."

Looks like a regular car.. but it's far from it.

A great car

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Cons: "rear seat space.gadgets are everywhere in the car."

"We have owned our volt since 12/8/11. We have put a lot of miles on it thus far, 29,000. The car drives excellent and has been handling my wife's long commutes well. She drives approximately 150 miles per day. When she doesnt charge at work , she averages about 57 MPG to 60+MPG in depending on the weather. When she can plug in at work, she gets in excess of 110 MPG. The only thing the Volt is missing is additional room. For our family of four people and 2 dogs it is quite a departure from the SUV. However, we are saving about 400 to 500 a month in gas...that is substantial. with 29000 miles the car is still like new. very sold car on the road and the electric and technology in this car is pretty amazing."

Best purchase decision in a long time.

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "looks, technology, performance and economy"

Cons: "Could have more leg room for tall drivers."

"I traded in a 400hp Jaguar convertible for my new Chevy Volt. The dealership I worked with was more a Corvette than Volt dealer and there were some strange looks sent my way based upon the trade vehicle. After a month with the Volt, I can say that I have absolutely no regrets and, the car has 100% lived up to the promise. My 2012 Volt has the Low Emissions package and so I am eligible for rebates and tax credits totaling $9K. In addition, I just received HOV lane stickers and am now able to save from minutes to hours per day in commute time driving. All that plus it is fun to drive and I'm averaging over 60mpg with less than 40% of my miles as EV miles. In Sport Mode the torque of this vehicle is nearly exhilarating and that comment is from someone former supercharged Jaguar owner. All I can say is this is nearly a perfect car for me. I'm 6'5" and the leg room is a little cramped for me but then, I'm used to that with all medium to smaller model cars. In terms of looks, technology, performance and economy the Volt is the car to beat. A friend bought a Prius Plug-in Hybrid just prior to my Volt purchase ... he is very jealous and "if he had a do-over he would have a Volt in his garage"."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals