2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 227 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

A Dream Come True

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Complete harmony of form and action"

Cons: "Only seats four"

"I've longed for an electric car as far back as I can remember. I bought a "hybrid" in 2005 - that experience belongs in another review - so I knew the Volt would be the RIGHT design for the future of automobiles. My first days with the Chevy Volt are proving it out. Quality is first rate. The smooth, quiet ride is a delight to drive. Control is effortless and predictable. Power onto a highway and experience electric's instant torque!"

Great on gas, gives up nothing

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "great mileage, well finished, practical"

Cons: "Touch controls can be hard to see at dusk"

"I bought my Volt mainly for the promised gas mileage and am not disappointed but was also pleasantly surprised since it is a very practical and enjoyable vehicle to drive. It has great seats, an excellent sound system and is very quiet, not only in electric mode but also in gas-electric. The low center of gravity translates into excellent handling and the electric drive has lots and lots of torque. It keeps up with everything on the road. The hatchback design has lots of access and storage space. Oh yes, and mileage varies from 38-40 mpg in gas-electric mode to 150 mpg in combinations of electric (about 25 miles) and gas-electric. I use the provided charger (110v) which is fine for overnight charging. The overall range is about 350 miles. if you run out of electric charge on a long trip, just fill it up like a conventional drive vehicle."

First Chevy I've owned in 30 years

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and Quiet. I love avoid the gas station"

Cons: "No back seat, need to improve generator efficiency"

"Pros: This car is an amazing breakthrough in technology. Electric drive cars have a much smoother and quieter acceleration that gasoline cars. It is really a pleasure to drive this car. My average MPG has been over 100 with about 2/3rd of the time on the battery and 1/3rd of the time on the generator. Electric cars are the future. They are cleaner, better for the environment, less costly to run, and better for our economy because electric power is domestically produced. Cons: They need a hard cover for the trunk area and it would be better if the card didn't have a big divider between the two back seats. Also more leg and headroom in the back would be better. Power adjustable seats in the front would be better. Whenever you have a large electric motor there is some EMF created. I measured it and it is not too bad but GM should take care to shield the cabin more. Long term EMF exposure is somewhat of a concern for me. GM should also consider using a skate board chassis that they pioneered and that Tesla uses. Not that it matters much for overall efficiency since people tend to use the battery about 2/3rd of the time and the generator about 1/3rd of the time but if GM increase the efficiency statistics when the car is running on the generator this would help with marketing. They need to hit the critical 50 MPG mark. Finally, GM might consider going to the EPA with their statistics and asking them to allow the true OVERALL gasoline mileage statics on the vehicle instead of the MPG for just the gasoline generator. The vehicle probably average over 70 MPG. This is what GM should be advertising and the EPA should allow this. The government wants more of these vehicles sold and the higher mileage statistics would help appeal to the customer. Otherwise the consumer gets 38MPG stuck in their head."

Best Car Ever

By on Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pros: "The car will pay for itself."

Cons: "No "DC fast charge" capability."

"Here is the best thing anyone could say: If the car were to get totaled, I would DEFINITELY buy another Volt. After owning the car for 20 months, I have over 41,000 miles, 28k+ on electric. I do a 900 mile trip about every 6 weeks. Did my first oil change at 40k miles. Saved about $2500 on gas the first year. Performs well in snow. Anyone I meet that owns one is absolutely giddy about the car. Electric bill went up about $6-$8 per month utilizing Illinois' "Residential Real-Time Pricing" plan. Cheap overnight charging. Unless on a trip, only use about 2 gallons of gas per month. Being a 2012 model, the usable battery is 10.3 kW (2013/14 models have 10.8kW). After all my use, I still get 10.1 to 10.2 kW of use before the gas engine kicks in. Not much degradation there. In the summer, I average 50 miles to a charge. When the temp is around 40, I average 40 miles to a charge. Below freezing, with the heat and defrosters going, 25-30 miles to a charge. On gas, I get 41-45 MPG hwy and once got 50 MPG while driving super conservatively. I get 39 MPG hwy while towing a small trailer. About 38 MPG city."

Pays for Itself

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Pays you to drive it"

Cons: "Becomes a 40 mpg hybrid for long trips."

"KBB is being unfair to call the Volt expensive. You can get a new Volt for $26,685 with fed tax credit ($34,185 without). That's exactly in line with the average new car sale price in the USA, currently. (google it) I'm literally saving $2,000/year on gas (i.e. $10K in 5yr!). My electric bill went up by $30/mo. The external wall-mounted charger that Chevy offers is not made by Chevy and yes it has issues(that some reviewer below complained about) is NOT the charger that people in the know buy. Everybody is buying the Clipper Creek LCS-25 charger, which is very rugged. I have the LCS-25 and it's awesome. Take other comments (like center console issues) with a big grain of salt: statistically the Volt has proven to be above average reliability. In particular, powertrain problems are very very rare. My Volt has given me zero problems. The only other car I'd buy is a Tesla (but it's out of my price range at present. There was a slightly misfit panel on the car where it met the bumper, when I got it. I got that realigned; all's perfect now."

Enjoying the Car and Saving Money

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Smooth. Quiet. Haven't bought gas yet!"

Cons: "Nav system and voice recognition is a disaster"

"I've had the car for a month and put on about 1,000 miles. I've yet to put gas in the car, so from the EV perspective it works exactly as advertised. I bought it with all the bells and whistles. The interior isn't bad. It's a bit cramped and there isn't a lot of space in the back seat. The lack of electric seat adjustments is a major negative. My wife literally has to get out of the car to adjust the seat. We trade back and forth driving the car, so we're constantly pumping the lever to raise or lower the seat. It's very inconvenient. The other complaint is that the voice recognition and navigation system is a complete train wreck. Simple instructions like "Drive Home" or "Destination Home" are impossible. If you don't know the exact command name in the list, the voice recognition is completely useless. I don't understand why I can tell my phone to "drive to bass hall" and it gives me directions to the door, but the Chevy nav system completely freaks out. Then, when it tries to send you to something ridiculous, like Baskeall, TX, (I don't think such a place exists), canceling the instructions takes several minutes. You have to wait for it to calculate the results and then talk your way through several menus before you can tell it delete the waypoint. Then it asks you which waypoint to delete (of the one available). Chevy could fix this with a software download. Let's hope they do. On the plus side, the car drives very well. It doesn't have 'power' in the traditional sense, but it really takes off. It's very smooth, nimble handling, and--of course--extremely quiet. I'm glad I bought the car and will consider the ELR when it comes out. In the meantime, though, Chevy needs to do some work on the voice commands and nav system."

On my last 5 gallons I traveled 3958.8 miles

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "It's the best car I have ever had"

Cons: "With the lease I could only drive it six days/week"

"Very reliable, very stable, in "normal mode" it's very easy to drive, in "sport mode" it accelerates like a 250 horse power engine, It's easy to get up to 70 miles per hour on a freeway on ramp, regenerative braking works so well I THINK THE BRAKES WILL NEVER WEAR OUT. It's so nice not to go into a gas station every week, I go only about every three months. In mountain driving I could accelerate up the hills in "mountain mode" with the engine running. t's a great car!!!!"

Great design, no flaws, low for winter driving

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Impressive engineering & creature comforts"

Cons: "Access & egress somewhat difficult for older folks"

"Very impressive engineering. Very comfortable with only two things missing: grab bar over the front passenger seat & quite low for access & egress. My wife has osteoarthritis & this makes it difficult for her to get in & out. The car handles very well in icy conditions & no problems in snow-packed roads. Still averaging over 60 mpg even though the gas engine runs frequently when the temps are colder than 32°. Back seat is a little short on leg room."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Mpg is unbelievable. Rides great. Handles great."

Cons: "Heater not as good as gas powered car."

"Bought it used.Saved 20k. It has gotten over 130mpg so far. I have not bought gas in 12 weeks. My husband liked mine so well he bought one also. Best vehicle I have ever owned."

Good vehicle

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "sips gas, nice acceleration"

Cons: "220 charger costs $900, poor dealer service"

"I like my Volt because it doesn't use gas. A full charge usually lasts for a day of driving around town. On the highway, once it switches to gas, it gets around 44 mpg. I have read the other reviews so I won't dwell too much. My two biggest complaints are: the value has dropped 25% in less than 2 years and it took months and many trips to the dealer to fix a remote sensing switch. It appears the dealer has no training in the Volt, hopefully that has changed. The rear seat is only for small children, very, very small."

LOVE MY VOLT

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride rivals Caddy."

Cons: "Rear seat legroom is tight."

"This is the first American car I have owned in 30 years. I am a former prius owner. Took a test drive and couldn't believe how much better it drove than the Prius. I usually have no more than 3 people in the car. Legroom could be an issue in the rear seat. Never had a rattle or squeak. Great build quality. I usually get 47 to 49 miles per charge. I did spring for the 240 charger for faster charges. Since getting the car in Sept 2012 I have used less than a tank of gas. I used to fill the Prius every two weeks. I go on a 100 plus mile trip each way and found that when the electric is down to a mile or so, put the car in mountain mode and this car will recharge the battery while you drive. I read it somewhere and tried it and it does work. Love that I can finally thumb my nose at big oil."

Best Car ever. Solid, Fast, Quiet. Reliable.

By on Saturday, February 13, 2016

Pros: "Fast, no worry about where to plug it in"

Cons: "Heating system is iffy, cold & AIR cond goes on"

"This is the best kept secret. For some reason, Chevy doesn't try to sell them and the dealers don't either. This car is quiet, Very Fast, smooth and no worry about IF or When I have to plug it in. Has an engine that with the 10 gallon tanks takes you anywhere any other car can go. With engine running I still get between 30-40 miles per gallon! WOW. My work is 10 miles from my home. so I go months without putting any gas in. When its a half tank I "fill it up" for $10. Drives and feels just like a regular car. You can't feel any transition from electric (ie. regenerative braking --puts energy back into battery when you brake to mechanical braking, final stopping, or when engine kicks in. Chevy did a lot of work to make this thing feel and drive like a regular car. LOVE, the acceleration off the line. I always leave everyone in the dust but QUIET! WOW LOVE THIS CAR"

ONE OF THE BEST CARS I'VE EVER OWNED

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

Pros: "MILEAGE, ACCELERATION, HANDLING"

Cons: "ONLY FOUR SEATS"

"I GET UP TO TWO MONTHS ON A TANK OF GAS, 100 TO 200 MPG, THEN WHEN I FILL IT UP IT'S 8 PLUS GALLONS. THE CAR IS NIMBLE, HAS GOOD ACCELERATION AND HANDLES GREAT. I LOVE IT. ALSO IT IS HANDS DOWN A BETTER LOOKING CAR THAN THE PRIUS I OWNED PREVIOUSLY. ONLY DISLIKE IS IT ONLY SEAT FOUR. I'M LOOKING FOR A 2016 SINCE THEY WILL SEAT FIVE."

excelent choice for city drivers

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"To be most honest I do not own this vehicle and only drove this car a few times as a "Prospect buyer" I will explain my choices for the 5 stars listed above. I drove this car a few times around a track then on the streets. This car is very refined and you can tell all of the time and effort that GM has put into the Chevrolet Volt. The value is excellent as it dips into the $30 grand range when you buy new becuase of the tax break. I feel that the price will drop because of the new anounced battery breakthrough that will be encorporated into the next Volt. The Volt can be a game changer with the gas prices projected to top $4 by the summer. IF you drive 40 miles a day to work and back this car is for you because it only costs about $1.50 to charge fully with as little time to charge as 4 hours!!! While driving on the roads thefVolt had a very smooth ride that can be expected from a car that has been worked and tuned up since its 2007 revial at the NAIAS. All the times that I have driven the Volt not once was there a hiccup in the performance and driving style of the Volt. The dual LCD screens in the Volt didnt freeze up or lag while turning on. One thing I like about the middle screen is the fact that each Volt has its production number appear while turning on which is a cool perk that makes you proud when you see it appear. Although I do think LED screens are more power conserving but idk if they are or not. The quality of the cars were fantastic as well. While driving alond at highway speeds you could hear nothing no battery buzzing, or when you hit the extended range mode no aparent noise from the engine either!!! That was very impressive to me. You would think that with such a silent car that wind noise would be very annoying and persistant but that was not the case. Chevy has tightly sealed the cars doors and body pannels as tight as they can go to reduce possible air pockets for both wind and efficiancy. And also while driving at both low and high speends hitting bumps or holes in the roads, did not return an "plasticy rubbing" sound that plauges other cars, you know the plastic on plastic sounds. the interior was very well put together with no squeeky trim panels or anything of the like. although it does appear that Steve Jobs designed the center panel that can either be Apple iPod white or a grayish black which I prefer over the white. The one major downside is that seating for only 4. but thats because of the "T" cell battery. But all 4 seats are all bucket which are very very comfortable. The Volt kind of lacks in cargo space but is more than enough for a grocery trip and even can hold a great deal of luggage with of without the seats folded flat. The Volt is a hatch back with makes loading and unloading very easy. On the performance side the Volt is as you know powered by an electric and gas engine. But the Volts wheels are moved ONLY by the battery powered motor. The Gas just generages power for the electric motor which increases efficency. The motor has great torque and gives the car surprising accelleration from a stand still or merging in and out of traffic. The styling I believe is far superior of the Prius its main competitor. I have driven the Prius and believe the Volt is a clear winner in all aspects. Volt has a high tech driver info center which is a fun thing about the car. I have not owned the cehicle so I can not say much about the charging etiquites but I know there is a travel charger that can be plugged into the same plug as your toaster! but you can also purchase a charging station to be installed into your garage that cuts the chargetime down all the while looking spiffy. GM has put much effort into reducing the cars wind resistance but fine tuning the boty panels and goign as far as to make the rims lighter and also aero dynamic. There are many things that have been done to the Volt to make it an excellent car and they have achieved that with high marks. I have driven this car and would highly reccomend it to many, I plan on purchasing on when I can, er should I say when available. Great car, Good job GM... oh and BTW on all the drives with the car we have averaged over 150 MPG combined with the battery and gas both used. Motor Trends 2011 Car of the year, 2011 Automobile of the year, 2011 North American Car of the Year, a few awards among many the Volt has recieved."

I'm FUMING MAD concerning the AMAZING Chevy VOLT!

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pros: "Responsive, Silent, & Rarely Buy Gas!"

Cons: "Aren't as many on the road as there should be."

"This car is a huge environmental breakthrough. We have had this car since Sept 2013 and have yet to buy gas. We charge it up with the 110 Volt We live on a hill and within a drive of a few miles our range quickly rises from 41 to 54 miles (which we assume is tops). After running our errands we return home with very little reduction in range from when we departed, usually about 37 miles. Almost Never having to buy gas should go a long way towards people making their car payments. So, I'm mad that Chevy isn't advertising the Volt more. I NEVER see ads for them. I'm mad that some idiot reviewed the Volt and said it cost him $400/mile to drive and that other people are so anxious to forward such nonsense. I'm mad that people are driving their gas hogs and expecting everyone else on the planet to pay for their greediness and pollution. Wise up and buy a VOLT. The VOLT is part of the solution. We LOVE our Volt."

a surprisingly great value and an easy transition

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "great drive, great fit"

Cons: "only four seats, a minor issue."

"I appreciate reading product reviews such as this, but am usually too busy to write one. In this case, my experience has been so positive that I thought I should take the time to share my impressions with others who might be considering the purchase of a Volt. I consider myself a relatively demanding car purchaser who prizes the usual combination of reliability, quality, cost, practicality, along with a reasonable appreciation of design and 'feel'. I've a family, live in the 'burbs (20 mile daily round trip), and use the vehicle for a combination of commuting and all around family use. I was in the market for a new sedan and was somewhat open to the notion of purchasing a more fuel conscious car, but not so taken by 'green' that I was willing to forfeit the other criteria (mentioned above) used in my purchase decision. Going into this purchase, I decided I was willing to spend a small, fixed premium for 'green patriotism'. I should also say that I'm usually reticent to buy the first version of any substantially new technology, so it took a larger amount of review and information to convince me to make this particular leap. In short order, I narrowed my choices and settled on the Volt after reading long road test blogs, road test, customer and consumer report reviews, and specifically, reviews from Volt owners who live, as I do, in the snowy parts of the country. I've owned my Volt for 3 months now and I can easily report that I am extremely satisfied with the car: it drives very well, the fit and finish are very, very good, the IT is superb (think: Apple level attention to detail). I find it has met or surpassed my purchase criteria on all counts. I long ago came to the conclusion that GM did their homework on this one and they deserve full credit. In me, they have now earned a (thus far) enthusiastic customer. And, I should also say that my positive impressions persist even after the press dust up about the Volt's batteries. Having looked into this, I think that so far this has been handled well (especially by GM); I drive myself and my kids in the car regularly and without fear. The Volt is a solid, enjoyable, and dependable car. I'm very glad I've purchased one. And no, I've absolutely no ties to GM or any of its partners. The Volt's a well designed and well executed product. I hope to keep mine for many years."

My Black Volt

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"We just picked up our Volt this week and really love it so far. I will be 50 yrs old this year and have never owned an American car, mostly European imports. We also have a VW and a SAAB. The Volt drives very much like a European car, smooth and firm but also very compliant and comfortable. The technology it packs in is impressive and this car is extremely well thought out. The engineers did not miss a trick. My daily commute is about 17 miles round trip, so the Volt is perfect for me. The quality of the vehicle, fit and finish is also excellent. I'll review again is a month or so to update."

Excellent Value after Rebates

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pros: "$$$ savings, great accel for what it provides"

Cons: "Getting in/out slightly awkward for tall people"

"After National ($7500) and State ($3916) Rebates paid only $23500 for this car (of note, was a show model, bought with about 3800 miles, vs similarly packaged cruze listing for around $24000). Have owned it about 1 year, had one mechanical issue that was resolved quickly. Similar in size to the Chevy Cruze, but with leather interior, NAV and all the other bells and whistles, the Volt came out far ahead in financial calculations. At .08 cents a KWH, it costs me about $1 to go between 25 and 40 miles depending on the time of the year. Approx 1/4 the cost of gas. The design interior went futuristic with what appears to be touch sensitive plastic for the center console, did not like this hence the 8 on design, but outside of that, interior is nicely done. Comfort took a hit as I am 6'5", I found it took a little extra effort to get in and out of the car, but once in, I fit very nicely with room to spare. Was able to get a passenger in the front seat that was 6'8" and another passenger in behind him on a trip, while not ideal for long trips, it is doable for rides under 2-3 hours. One of my favorite perks.... typically has about 8 gallons of usable gas before the low fuel alert comes on, I have been getting between 650 miles (winter) and 2400 miles (Summer) between fill-ups, saving time at the gas station. Of note, the majority of my driving does fit into the electric range of this vehicle, the engine will also kick in occasionally (to keep the engine warm) despite having electric charge remaining when the temp goes below 25F, and the car is rated 37mpg on gas power although I have obtained closer to 43mpg when on longer trips with cruise control set at 65mph. Would check with the State and Fed first to see if the rebates are still available, and if so, how much.... IL is not the only state that offers a rebate."

MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED !!!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pros: "FUN TO WATCH THE SAVINGS ROLL UP !!!!"

Cons: "PRICE, BUT I DID GET $7500. FED. AND $3000. STATE"

"I SAW ONE REVIEW THAT RATED THE VOLT POOR BECAUSE IT COST MORE TO CHARGE ON 220/240 THAN THE COST OF GAS IS ALL WRONG!!! I KEEP GOOD TRACK OF THE COST! MY VOLT IS CHARGED ON 110 VOLT THAT COST MORE THAN 240 WOULD!! ON A FULL CHARGE OF A LITTLE OVER 10 KW. @ MY ELECTRIC CO. CHARGE OF 8.5 CENTS PER KW = LESS THAN $1. AT NATIONAL AVERAGE OF 12 TO 13 CENTS WOULD ONLY BE A$ $1.20 T0 $1.30 . IF YOU DRAIN IT TOTAL, IT WOULD BE APROX. 15 KW AND A COST $1.27 AT MY 8.5 CENT RATE. I GET 41 TO 44 MILES PER CHARGE WHEN NOT USING HEAT, FAN OR AIR. I HAVE GONE 55 MILES ON A SINGLE CHARGE. I USE LOW GEAR [NOT REALY A GEAR] TO GET THESE MILES. THE PERSON WHO LEFT THE BAD REVIEW CAN'T GET A GAL.GAS FOR THE ABOVE PRICES AND THEN GO 40 MILES!!!"

A fantastic vehicle; only uses gasoline when driv

By on Sunday, July 17, 2016

"Fantastic vehicle; very environmentally friendly. Engineering excellent for an electric vehicle; in cold weather gas engine starts for only couple minutes to warm batteries, which gets around the inherent limitation of cold weather on all electric vehicles. Heated seats great for winter time comfort without using as much battery power. Would recommend it to everyone."

On my 2nd Volt

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "Unlimited range, comfortable and fun daily driver"

Cons: "smallish cabin and back seat legroom is limited"

"I just traded in a 2012 Volt for a heavily discounted 2015 model. The 2012 had 56,000 worry free 91mpg average miles on it and was a great car. The new Volt with discounts saved me $100/month and is my preferred color "Iridescent White Tricoat" as I live in a warm climate. My wife and I share this car a a commuter vehicle and the HOV stickers are the reason we bought the first Volt. The car is reasonably comfortable (I'm 6'5" with long legs) and driving performance and handling are much better than the other option (Plugin Prius). I also like buying American and like rewarding GM for a nice turnaround with my business (I also own a Ford Explorer with the super-charged 4 cylinder 28mpg). The 2016 seems like it is a nice evolutionary step for the model but the discounts on the 2015 were too good to pass up."

This is where cars of the future will be!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "FUN, FAST, COSTS SO LITTLE TO DRIVE!"

Cons: "Expensive initial investment, getting better!"

"Chevy got it RIGHT with the VOLT! We LOVE this car! Some day you'll say "Remember when cars only ran on Gasoline?" Remember when the first battery operated drills came out with 6 volt, then 12 volt and then Lithium-Ion Batteries! It will only get BETTER! We have averaged over 90 MPG for the first 10,000 miles of driving! By managing the battery/engine usage I have managed over 60 miles on one electric charge on a 150 mile trip. You only hear a hum when the engine starts, you don't feel it and it is seamless. This is a GREAT CAR! Fun to drive, FAST off the line, easily hits 90+ mph. Minor interior finish issues, but the car is the future!"

Speed, comfort and extreme savings.

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Please read the full review."

Cons: "none."

"I used to have a Dodge Stratus. 13 gal tank. For the last 16 months I have owned a 2013 Volt. 9 gal tank. I drive 63 miles to work (one way) every day. I was filling the Stratus up twice a week. At an average of $3.52 per gallon x 13 gal tank = $45.72. 16 months = 140 fills of the 13 gal tank. $45.72 x 140 = $6400.80 // I fill the 9 gallon tank of the Volt on average every 11 days. At 16 months this comes to 45 fills. At an average of $3.52 per gallon x 9 gal tank = $31.65. $31.65 x 45 = $1424.25 // Total savings in gas = $4976.55 // With the Stratus I would require a $55 oil change every month. $55 x 16 = $880. For the Volt I needed one $55 oil change. Total savings in oil changes = $825. Total overall savings in gas and oil = $5801.55. My average increase in electric has been $30 per month. $30 x 16 = $480. Subtract that and the final savings and I said SAVINGS of having this amazing vehicle has been $5321.55. Those are my numbers. Beyond that, I am at 40,000 miles at 16 months of owning and am at an average of 97 mpg. Only thing else I can add is that this is no golf cart. This vehicle has some serious take off and passing speed. I have some stiff in-laws so I have been meticulous on the stats. Been the best car I have ever owned."

Amazing Electric Vehicle with NO Range Anxiety

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "Style, Comfort, Mileage, Safety, Sound"

"I don't normally review products except when I feel something is extraordinary. I leased my 2013 Volt in October 2012 and after driving it for about 3 months including a 1000 mile trip to Southern California...I am absolutely thrilled with it! There is not one thing that I have identified as a "problem". It uses some state of the art technology (the EV/Gasoline backup system, Interior dashboard controls, and Infotainment system) that make this car so unique enjoyable to drive. Best of all you never have to worry about running out of power since the gas engine kicks in when the electric runs out and you just keep going...it's just too cool. I get about 43 miles to a full electric charge and 1600 of my 2600 miles have been electric only. I figure it costs about $1.55 to charge it fully. On my trip to and from LA...I got an average of 42MPG on Gas alone since I did not recharge it during entire the trip. Overall I am now at 82.25mpg including the long trip. Every day I use electric only....the mpg goes up higher and higher. It has amazing power for merging into fast traffic, turns on dime, is so quiet I sometimes forget it's running, and the mileage is amazing. I love the touch controls on the dash and the driving feedback panels are easy to understand and make you want to be a more efficient driver. The Bose speakers are terrific and combined with XM radio and Pandora the music never stops. OnStar (you get three years free with the vehicle) is a great added value that I have used several times already for directions. The Volt is the best car I have ever had and I would hope that this technology will be the wave of the future for autos worldwide."

Amazing design and fuel economy.

By on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pros: "Handling, fuel economy, technological innovation."

Cons: "Seats 4, all wheel drive would be a great option!"

"The Volt is an amazing vehicle and a technological marvel. Forget the EPA mileage estimates. For local use getting 150 mpg is not difficult. For longer distance driving (120+ mile trips), 60 mpg is typical. With over 6000 miles on the car now, the Volt has been flawless. Great handling and sporty acceleration. I've been a car guy for many years and this is the best I've ever seen come out of Detroit! Hats off to GM on this one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals