2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 226 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

The most amazingly economical car I've ever owned

By on Monday, November 9, 2015

Pros: "Fun, economical, no range anxiety ever"

Cons: "would have liked a better battery range"

"What can I say - my 2012 Volt is the best car I've ever owned, foreign or domestic. It's also the most economical car I've ever owned - period. Comfortable, fun to drive, and cheap to keep. After 133K miles my total maintenance runs to 3 oil changes, one engine air filter, one set of new tires and tire rotations. Period. And I've saved over 3,800 gallons of gas in the meantime. Add it up - while expensive to buy (I bought early), it will cost far less than almost any other car by the time I reach 5 years of ownership. What? Battery worries? Sorry, the battery is just as strong today as the day I bought it 3-1/2 years ago. Not sure what to more to say except this car is a keeper (although the new Gen 2 Volt's are sure tempting!) Hmmm, maybe it's worth noting that I'm a super commuter and make a round trip to work of 186 miles every day on an average of 1.9 gallons of gas. Around town driving seldom uses any gas at all. Totally awesome. One last note though - avoid use of Sport Mode when the CHP are around - it's hard to behave when you're having fun."

Never Dreamed that a Diesel Power hungry DuraMax

By on Sunday, April 30, 2017

Pros: "Great Seats . Unbelivably quiet , Great used car"

Cons: "No spare tire . So I installed one myself."

"Ive been studying the Chevy Volt since the GM team started working on its development. I like most of you have heard all the hype and all the nay Sayers too. As a general rule Im a truck Guy I drive a GMC DuraMax Diesel truck and I love the power and believe me when this Chiropractor tells you I LOVE the seats in my GMC. When I finally decided that I really wanted to try a Chevy Volt I looked for and found an extremely clean 2013 on E-bay for just under 12,000 so I paid cash and it was right at KBB used car private party value so if I did not like the car or its seats (remember Im a Chropractor) I could pawn it off on some EV lover. Little did I know how much I would be taken in by this great car. I love this car and yes at six feet four inches tall I love the seat comfort too. This coming from a guy who has driven Linoln , Cadilac, Buick and Mercedes all looking for a comfortable seat only for all of them to fall short of my GMC . Until now the GMC was the only seat I real liked but the Volt seat is very supportive in the Lumbar Spine which makes me very happy. I live in rural NV so localy its 55mph ,45mph 35mph and 25mph. My used 2013 with right at 40000 when I purchased it gets 40 EV only miles we never use Gas locally . When we drive 36.3 miles to our favorite resturaunt on I-15 at 75MPH its all EV over and 1 gallon of gas on the way home. On one hour 60 mile trips to Las Vegas it is a little better than half way EV then seamlessly converts to gas. Since we have owned our volt we have used only a little over one tank of gas almost all miles are EV only. It is great to be free of OPECs greedy hands."

Best vehicle ever owned. High quality

By on Saturday, December 26, 2015

Pros: "Exceptional quality performs as expected"

Cons: "Resale, likely due to unsustailable low gas prices"

"Volt has performed better than expected. Average 42 miles electric year round on single charge. Comforatble to drive, handles like a sports car."

Most fun driving ever!

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "quick, green, handling"

Cons: "could use a bit more soft materials in interior"

"Almost looked past the Volt, as have never been a GM fan- but wanted great mpg and needed it to be quick/smooth- not a Prius type hybrid boring drive. Volt is the best ever- a mini-Tesla. Love the fact it still runs as an electric car even when battery is depleted and gas engine runs battery generator. Smoothest, most quiet car ever and is not lathargic like most hybrids. Test drive one and you will be sold."

Best car I have owned yet

By on Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pros: "Low center of gravity, Torque, EREV"

Cons: "Visibility, Center console in rear seats"

"I've owned this car for 11 months and put 8500 miles on it and must say it is the best car I've owned so far. I've owned Audi, BMW, Chevy, SAAB, VW (in order; from most recent through first car). This car is a game changer. It handles well, is a blast to drive (plenty of torque) and is incredibly efficient (my lifetime MPG is 90+ after two big road trips using gas and considering my "lead foot"). I absolutely love it."

Outstanding Vehicle!!

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Low operating cost, smooth ride, good nav/radio."

Cons: "initial cost."

"This car has the amenities you need, like GPS, link to IPhone, remote control apps for your phone, park assist, heated seats, XM radio, and backup camera. The cup holders, 12V plugs, and storage spots are well thought out for common devices. While only having 2 back seats, they are as comfortable as the front and I often plug in to the 12v and work in the back seat on road trips with others driving. The car is smooth and quiet at all speeds. While fairly expensive up front, the operating cost around the city on electric, where you would ordinarily get your worst gas mileage, is good if you drive conservatively. The same holds true on the highway; it gets good mileage 43-53mpg on road trips. Using the cruise control and drive steadily helps; even while on trips through the mountains in WV. Most of the time we run it on electric around town are fill up ever 1.5-2 months."

Everyone should own one. 28000 miles and never any

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "160 mpg, uses 4amps for 10 hours to charge"

"used value not so good, so go buy one"

First 1000 miles

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"So far the Volt has exceeded our expectations. We have used just 1.18 gallons of gas in the first 1000 miles. If you factor in the cost of electricity we are still close to 200 mpg. The car has run flawlessly thus far, no bugs or software glitches. The ride is smooth and very quiet, like driving on a cloud. GM is very attentive to the Volt owners and has assigned a Volt Advisor who checks in monthly to be sure everything is OK and that there are no questions. They solicit feedback as well for changes/improvements. Probably more than most new vehicles, the Volt's value will depend upon your driving style and the range you drive in. Keeping it charged and in EV mode will bring the best return value. If overall cost is your main concern, a used car or more typical high MPG compact is probably a better choice. But if you want to drive the most interesting and technically advanced vehicle available, try the Volt. We love it!"

I love this car - but..

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Forget Gas, Stylish"

Cons: "Low Profile, Poor Heating, Expensive"

"I've been driving the volt now for about a year, and since I live in Montana I thought I'd answer questions I constantly get about the battery in cold weather. I've driven the Volt in temperatures as cold as -20 F and as warm as 99 F. You do lose battery range in the cold weather, but the company is pretty up front about this. On a normal day 50-80 degrees, I get a range of about 36 miles off of the battery before switching to gas. On the coldest days, that range went down to about 20. On the days where the temp is hitting around 100 I see a reduction down to around 32-30. The cooling system is great, but the heating leaves much to be desired. Also, the car is VERY low to the ground. Which is fine for city driving, but here in Montucky the roads tend to be less than perfect and no matter how carefully I drive the plastic panel they put on the front end is always scrapping. It turns heads and makes me feel like a teen again when people stare. This car is EXPENSIVE; but I'm saving around 100 bucks a month on gas, and that more or less evens out my payments after you consider the tax breaks. Those facts/complains aside: I love the Volt, and I'm not sure how I'll ever go back to driving any other car. I never got to the gas station anymore unless I'm traveling long distance, and even then the gas mileage is pretty good. It handles very well, and the interior makes me feel like I'm driving around an Ipod."

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, great ride"

Cons: "Would like another 20 miles of EV range."

"I have owned countless cars over the years and the Volt is the best I've owned regardless of price. In fact, I traded a 7 series BMW for this car and haven't missed it for a minute. The ride is smooth and silent. Handling is superb which I would credit to the low center of gravity provided by the 450 lb battery which runs down the center of the car. Forget the EPA rating nonesense! I average over 100+ mpg with a 140 mile round trip daily commute. If you check out the VoltDC app, you can look at what folks are getting all over the country. Most get even better mpg than I do since I end up using about 1 gal of gas a day. It has also been absolutely reliable, with no dealer visits in the over 22k miles other than tire rotations every 7500 miles (which were included in my maintenance warranty). I still have over 45% oil life left before I will need an oil change. This car is a no-brainer!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals