2011 Chevrolet Volt

Based on 230 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

The most amazingly economical car I've ever owned

By on Monday, November 9, 2015

Pros: "Fun, economical, no range anxiety ever"

Cons: "would have liked a better battery range"

"What can I say - my 2012 Volt is the best car I've ever owned, foreign or domestic. It's also the most economical car I've ever owned - period. Comfortable, fun to drive, and cheap to keep. After 133K miles my total maintenance runs to 3 oil changes, one engine air filter, one set of new tires and tire rotations. Period. And I've saved over 3,800 gallons of gas in the meantime. Add it up - while expensive to buy (I bought early), it will cost far less than almost any other car by the time I reach 5 years of ownership. What? Battery worries? Sorry, the battery is just as strong today as the day I bought it 3-1/2 years ago. Not sure what to more to say except this car is a keeper (although the new Gen 2 Volt's are sure tempting!) Hmmm, maybe it's worth noting that I'm a super commuter and make a round trip to work of 186 miles every day on an average of 1.9 gallons of gas. Around town driving seldom uses any gas at all. Totally awesome. One last note though - avoid use of Sport Mode when the CHP are around - it's hard to behave when you're having fun."

Fun, solid and reliable

By on Sunday, October 15, 2017

Pros: "Excellent to drive, fun and reliable"

Cons: "no side alert system"

"This car is a blast to drive and costs very little to maintain. I particularly like its quality. The interior is as nice as some of the much more expensive sedans I have owned and yet it is an electric. I have owned dozens of cars over the years and I would rate this in the top three."

Most fun driving ever!

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "quick, green, handling"

Cons: "could use a bit more soft materials in interior"

"Almost looked past the Volt, as have never been a GM fan- but wanted great mpg and needed it to be quick/smooth- not a Prius type hybrid boring drive. Volt is the best ever- a mini-Tesla. Love the fact it still runs as an electric car even when battery is depleted and gas engine runs battery generator. Smoothest, most quiet car ever and is not lathargic like most hybrids. Test drive one and you will be sold."

Best car I have owned yet

By on Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pros: "Low center of gravity, Torque, EREV"

Cons: "Visibility, Center console in rear seats"

"I've owned this car for 11 months and put 8500 miles on it and must say it is the best car I've owned so far. I've owned Audi, BMW, Chevy, SAAB, VW (in order; from most recent through first car). This car is a game changer. It handles well, is a blast to drive (plenty of torque) and is incredibly efficient (my lifetime MPG is 90+ after two big road trips using gas and considering my "lead foot"). I absolutely love it."

Outstanding Vehicle!!

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Low operating cost, smooth ride, good nav/radio."

Cons: "initial cost."

"This car has the amenities you need, like GPS, link to IPhone, remote control apps for your phone, park assist, heated seats, XM radio, and backup camera. The cup holders, 12V plugs, and storage spots are well thought out for common devices. While only having 2 back seats, they are as comfortable as the front and I often plug in to the 12v and work in the back seat on road trips with others driving. The car is smooth and quiet at all speeds. While fairly expensive up front, the operating cost around the city on electric, where you would ordinarily get your worst gas mileage, is good if you drive conservatively. The same holds true on the highway; it gets good mileage 43-53mpg on road trips. Using the cruise control and drive steadily helps; even while on trips through the mountains in WV. Most of the time we run it on electric around town are fill up ever 1.5-2 months."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Volt near Honolulu. See local deals