2009 Chevrolet Traverse

8.2

Based on 325 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Good Crossover

By on Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pros: "Good price/value relationship"

Cons: "Seats could be a little more comfortable."

"Comfortable ride. Would be a lot better if the seats had a little more padding. Good Power and excellent features. I have started noticing a couple of rattles which should never happen after 8,000 miles. Not sure where they are coming from. The one thing I don't like is that the windshield wiper control is inconvenient as is the separate button for the rear wipers."

Absolute nightmare, don't buy!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"I got zero percent financing and good trade value on my old car plus price was listed $4,000 below sticker, no brainer right? I'll start with the good since it is a short list. I thought the interior looked classy although the fit and finish is nowhere as good as my old Acura MDX. I needed a third row seat and liked that it offers the two captains chairs in the back for easy access to the third row especially with two car seats and a third older child. I like that there is still a decent amount of room behind the third row even with them upright. The hatch opening is a bit smaller than my old MDX and thus limits cargo size on the occasion that I have to move something big. Second row seats are very awkward and difficult to move into the full forward or down position. Ride is super quiet even at highway speeds and smooth too. Steering on the highway seems loose and I must constantly correct inputs to keep it pointed straight. Power is decent especially for a small V6 on a relatively heavy SUV although shifting still feels odd and seems as if there is a delay between romping the gas pedal and the reaction of the drive train. The touch screen requires a heavy touch to activate a control and causes a distraction while driving. Also, the moon roof only provides a mesh cover and fails to keep the sun from completely heating the interior. Stereo sounds great but XM is constantly losing the signal, don't know if it is satellite related or just poor antenna design. Also, navigation seems to be late call directions which can cause you to miss turns. Now the real problems. Oil low level sensor was faulty on delivery of the car. They had to drop the whole motor for a total of almost six days of labor to change a simple switch because GM didn't have seal to fit it. Power passenger mirror that is supposed to tilt down when in reverse fails to return to the upright position intermittently. Dealer says they could not duplicate the problem and has since not returned. After picking up vehicle the left hand turn signal and brake light does not work on my trailers, tried both trailers I own and both have same problem, problem is probably located in vehicle wiring. Then tonight, the front collision alert camera stopped working and the vehicle is telling me to service it. The driver's seat rocks back and forth and is getting progressively worse, another item to be serviced. I also noticed a small hole in the bottom of the primary muffler, I don't know if its supposed to be there but there is exhaust gas escaping from it under the center of the vehicle, this can't be good for occupants and to top it off the alignment has been off since day one. The build quality of this vehicle is atrocious, I wish I never bought it and will have to now bring it back for more warranty work. Chevy did pay for one months car payment but it will no way make up for this. They have forever left a bad taste in my mouth and will probably never buy another one again. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a vehicle."

Good vehicle for it's price.

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cons: "Headrests are very uncomfortable."

"We bought it Nov. 2013 with a tow package. We tow a light weight camper. While the gas mileage isn't that great while under tow (we expected that)it isn't to bad either. We have been very pleased with this vehicle. Our grandson (who is 6'7") can fit in it. Carries 8 easily and he is one of those 8."

2 Warranty Repairs in <2 months/1200 miles

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Cons: "unreliable piece of junk"

"I bought a 2012 Chevy Traverse 1LT at the end of September 2012. Within a week, it developed a high-pitched whistle at 45 mph. The dealer replaced the engine cover and the whistle went away. I had family visiting in November and my elderly father-in-law sat in the backseat to be near his granddaughter. When we went to get him out the "smart slide" seat did not function, resulting in him climbing over seats to get out (any son-in-law will know how humiliating this is). I just returned from the dealer and they had to re-run the wire that controls the smart slide mechanism. I really wanted to love this car. This is the first new car I've ever owned and will definitely be the last GM car I ever buy. I only wish Chevy still had the "love it or return it" policy so I could get rid of this piece of junk sooner. When the warranty is up this car is gone!"

Very reliable vehicle, best I have ever owned

By on Saturday, January 9, 2016

Pros: "Reliability, flexibility"

Cons: "Bumpy ride (minor), road noise (minor)."

"I am reviewing a 2011 Traverse LTZ. I bought it new in September, 2010. It has been a great vehicle overall. No major mechanical problems. I had to replace one of the wheel tire pressure sensors, that's all. It is off warranty which is no big deal to me .... it is that good of a vehicle. I like the flexibility of the seating and cargo arrangements. The mileage has been as advertised, 24 on the highway and 19.5 combined. The ride is a little rough over bumps (not like my previous 4 Suburbans) and a little loud. I am really digging to find faults here. Overall, the best vehicle I have ever owned. I would recommend one to a friend without reservation."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Traverse near Honolulu. See local deals