2012 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 554 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Love this

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pros: "great"

Cons: "no cons to me"

"This is a wonderful product. Never had any trouble with it,it drives great.Good gas mileage.Can take the back sets out for more space.The gold color is easy to keep clean,"

Best Vehicle I ever bought

By on Saturday, July 23, 2016

Pros: "Great drive, a lot of room"

Cons: "no issues"

2012 Tahoe LT

"2012 Chevy Tahoe LT, DVD, Sunroof. The vehicle runs great. There is a small dent on the front passenger door and the inner door trim is pulling apart at the handle. I will either sell it as is or fix the trim and dent before selling. Depends on the offer."

2012 Tahoe LT

Great reliability and power

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and never quits"

Cons: "Needs a fold flat third row seat."

"Ive owned this truck since new and in four years I've only done tires and brakes. Normal oil service and nothing else. It runs 100% and has never broken down. Does everything you ask of it. My only gripe is I wish the third row folded flat. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Rides like a car on the highway and gets 19 on long trips. Can't go wrong with this truck"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, December 10, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, solid, great ride, good amenities."

Cons: "Cost is too high"

"I have owned two Tahoes...a 2002 and a 2009. I bought the 2009 because I loved my 2002 so much and I wanted an upgrade. Previously, I had owned a Chevy Blazer and an Isuzu Rodeo. My Tahoes have been incredibly reliable vehicles and I haven't spent much at all on repairs for them over the years. The ride is really comfortable. Even my carpool riders love the ride of these vehicles. One of my favorite things about these two models is their ability to turn extremely short in tight places. Even my smaller Rodeo wouldn't turn as tight as my Tahoe does. In upgrading to the 2009, I gained some convenience items that were nice but I felt like I gave up a few small things too. For instance, I don't care for the leather on the seats in the 2009. The leather on the 2002 was much softer and more comfortable. I hope they go back to the softer leather in future models. I also didn't like the change in the overhead map lights. In the 2002, they were round, directional lights. In the 2009, they are a more broad, square light that isn't directional. Also, due in part I'm sure, to the exterior design, the back gate and glass of my 2009 is always dirty. Always. The front seat console of the 2009 is wider than the 2002 was which gives less hip room in the front seating area. I also don't care for the "woodgrain" on the front interior. It is a dust magnet and looks dirty all the time. The things I gained in my 2009 included heated and cooled front seats, heated 2nd row seating, and the remote start (wonderful because I don't have a garage). Also, raising the indoor door handles to a more functional height was a great idea. The ones in the 2002 were too low and difficult to reach sometimes. I have found that when riding in the front on the passenger side, I cannot straighten out my left leg/foot. There is some sort of hump bulging out from the center that forces my left foot more to the center of the floorboard. On a long drive, that becomes uncomfortable for me. I have always felt safe when driving my Tahoes. They have a sturdy and solid feel to them when driving, even in bad weather. Overall, I have really enjoyed driving these two vehicles and hope to trade for another one someday (once I can get over the sticker shock..oy!)."

Best vehicle in bad weather

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Handling, ride, power"

"Bought this vehicle new and have always loved driving it. Rides great, incredibly solid, great power."

Tahoe #2 in 14 years LOVE it

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "great driving, comfortable traveling, reliable,"

Cons: "fuel usage (16 mpg), limited luggage space"

"Our family needs were met with two Tahoes. Loved the space, and comfort of leather seats, in addition the sound systems in both were awesome, TV in the 2007 entertained our kids on road trips! We had no major malfuntions with either Tahoe! Enjoyed the bucket seat change in the middle with '07 model but third row has very little leg room for older children. Only thing I wish would change is the 3rd row seat-wish it folded into the floor or something like Ford's because it is a pain to remove them and leave them at home when traveling. If we didn't remove it we had to use a luggage rack!!!"

The best vehicle I ever owned!`

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, roominess, great ride,"

Cons: "mileage from fuel"

"I can honestly say this has been the best vehicle I ever owned. It has proven to be more reliable than the 2008 foreign sedan the dealer bought back from us with around 20,000 miles. My 2002 Tahoe has at least 122,000 miles & "solid as a rock." We have really enjoyed it & are seeking an offer we cannot refuse for another one. I have been so impressed with the reliability and handling of this Tahoe. We most definitely would LOVE to own another one."

Good, Bad, and Ugly!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Features...lots of great options. Smooth ride!"

Cons: "Low gas mileage, Terrible NAV system. Pricey."

"We bought the 2011 Tahoe brand new with all of the options. We love the side blind alert system. If you have never had this feature, you will soon see the value of it. This is the roomiest vehicle we have ever owned. We love the air conditioned and heated seats. The sound systems is good. Not GREAT but very good. I like that I can fold in the mirrors with the push of a button...close/open the hatch with the push of a button. It drives very smooth for such a large vehicle. We love having the ability to start this thing in the drive way before we have to get into it. The rear camera for backing it GOOD. Takes some getting used to but I really like it! I like the vehicle reports I get from the OnStar subscription. Good stuff! However, you can expect some ugly gas mileage. They tout a 21 mpg highway rating. I am pretty sure that was all measured down hill. You can expect an average 16.5 mpg in this bus. I went with their advertised 21mpg rating that's the main reason I was looking at this vehicle. Not very honest Chevrolet! That's ugly! Now for the BAD. The navigation system. The navigation system in this thing is the worst I have ever used. I have used Tom Toms and Garmins...etc. All much better than this piece of junk. It is NOT user friendly. To top it off, every time I have to go out to the vehilce to get something out of it...I open the door of the Tahoe and what do I hear? The CD in the NAV system spinning up. Why? Trying to search for a point of interest...for instance...Walmart nearest you may yield one 500 miles away. Over time, I am getting better at using this thing but have cussed it and have learned quickly to HATE the NAV system in this vehicle to the point that I would NOT recommend the vehicle to anyone who wants a good NAV system. (I would not buy this vehicle again simply based on this feature) The OnStar system is the only saving grace. I have had to use them a hand full of times when the NAV system became just too much for me to deal with. (And I am a very technical person - Computer support for 30 years. I hate technology that is not user friendly) My understanding is that the 2012 Tahoe has a different NAV system in it. It is one of the FEW things they changed on the 2011 model. Hmmm...wish the dealer had shared."

My 2009 Chevy Tahoe

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I purchased my 09' Tahoe in October 2009. I was very skeptical at first, mainly cause of price, and the fact that it might not fit into my garage. However, after the test drive I was sold on it. I get more looks, and stares from people than I've ever got from people in any vehicle I've ever owned. I have the Blue Granite, with ebony interior. One of my closest friends is in love with the thing. Gas is pricey, so if someone is looking for a great vehicle and worried about gas, don't buy a Tahoe. It gets decent gas milage, but if you're not willing to pay the price for having a great vehicle don't purchase a Tahoe. I'm looking forward to having my Tahoe for years, and years to come."

Worth Every Penny

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I have been a long time Japanese car (specifically Honda) owner. I've always been weary of American cars which made this initial purchase of a Chevy Tahoe so difficult for me. I knew I wanted this car based on styling and great reviews but had never rid in or test driven only at the time of purchase. I bought a used 07 Tahoe, dark blue metallic, and it has been a true joy. Although it is my weekend car, I try to find every moment I can to take it out for a drive. It handles like a car and provides me with all the ammenities I need. Cons: For a really expensive vehicle, they could have done a better job on some finishes: (ex. plastic trims around exterior windows, plastic interior door handles, cup holder in center console, no loose change holder, or cigarette lighter (i don't smoke but would be nice to have an igniter). And yes, the car is thirsty. Very thirsty. I can literally see the gauge move!!! But apparently it gets similar mileage to other smaller SUVs, so I'm trying to look the other way. Overall - It's my favorite toy and it's made me really happy and I would like to say I'm finally in the Tahoe fanclub."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals