2004 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 979 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pros: "Have always loved driving it!"

Cons: "Have to remove 3rd row seats"

"Bought new in 2001. Taken several trips across country. Minor repairs over years. With 6 grand kids I can take them all, even with car seats. Would definitely buy again"

Very nice vehicle.

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive. Will go almost anywhere."

Cons: "Reliability, got ext warr-life saver."

"This SUV was driven for school activities for my kid by my wife, a volley ball coach. It seats 7 comfortably. It is definitely female friendly. With limited slip this 4X4 is unstoppable, even with the stock tires. Its been in the sand, 4 to 7 inches of mud and up to 8 inches of snow with no problem. The selection is 2WD, Auto,4 Hi, 4 Lo. Auto is great for heavy rain on the freeway. It is low enough to be stable at speed and high enough to clear up to 7 inch rocks on dirt roads. It feels like a tank off road. The 5.3L engine is very smooth and powerful. It pulls this 6000 lb SUV around like a sports car. With the friendly suspension settings this power train can get you in trouble, even with 190K miles on the OD. Major engine issues that extended warr covered. Overall best GM product I've ever owned as far as fit and finish but for a $43K SUV ext warr is a must. Great bug out vehicle. I love this 4X4."

best family vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive."

"I own this 2003 tahoe. Love this vehicle. Great for the family, vacations,and comfort. Never had no mechanical problems with it. It's 10 years old. And still a good car. Hope I have as good of a experience with my 2014 Tahoe."

Reliable, roomy, comfy!

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "Comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage is under 17 most fillups"

"I have put over 100,000 miles on my 2003 tahoe with nothing but great things to say. I'm a single mom on a budget & this vehicle has been so reliable & affordable to maintain. It also has all the guts you need to tow a boat or haul a trailer .. all the vents keep the kids and even the dog on the 'back back' cool or nice and toasty"

Rugged and very realiable

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "rides great"

Cons: "mileage could be better"

"I have owned this Tahoe for 11 of the last years and it has been a work horse. still have the original drive train and gets serviced reqularlly with the local Chevy dealer. Mileage is not bad at 17-18 on the road and less around town. I have been looking for another Tahoe. 2008-11 model. I have had 2 suburbans before and they were just as reliable. That 5.3 V8 engine is the best Chevy makes."

Great police vehicle

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Still Handles well for the abuse I put it through."

Cons: "Need the 3rd row. Sucks gas"

"I am original owner of this Limited model. I used it for police patrol until I maxed out the eligible years of service at 11 years. I did not want get rid of it, nor retire it from service because I love it so much. I plan on keeping it for as long as I can"

Nice smooth ride

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, lots of extras, roomy, smooth ride"

Cons: "Look up Technical Service Bulletins"

"Pros: This is a really nice vehicle, not too many complaints. It is comfortable and has many amenities some including heated seats, rear AC, rear seats, and rear radio for those who sit in the middle seats. These are some upgrades that are found on the LT model, the SLT has less in the extras department. The ZR1 has the "off road" package. Cons: even though I did pay a rock bottom price for this nice rig it did come with some unusual defects, for example the gauges in the dash would randomly stick or not work at all. The new part "as quoted by the dealership" was a little over $700, but with a little work and 6 new stepper motors the problem was fixed for less than $50. The other problem was the transfer case had bad internal clutches mostly, I think, due to a driver who didn’t know how to use the electronic 4-wheel drive. Overall: A very nice reliable and functional vehicle except for gas mileage my average fuel economy is 14.5 MPG, not the best but the car has lots of power to haul its and any thing else you have around. Definitely worth looking into if you’re a bigger person or have kids."

I LOVE MY TAHOE Z71

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, spacious, great turning radius"

Cons: "Leather drivers seat and windshield looks worn"

"I'm very sad. My husband says we need to trade in or sell my Tahoe. We bought a 5th wheel so we need to buy a big pick up truck to tow it. I love my Tahoe and I really hate to get rid of it. It has been very reliable, rides like a dream, is so comfortable, has all alot of the extras in this package, and has been a great car. We bought it new so have been the only owners. You can trust a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 for being a great vehicle."

Awesome Dependable Vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pros: "Durability"

Cons: "Cargo space small when using the 3rd row."

"We have owned our Tahoe for 10 years, we bought it when it was 2 years old, with a little over 40,000 miles on it. This vehicle has been amazingly dependable, and has held up to its value for sure. We paid $28,000 when we purchased in 2006, and have definitely gotten our moneys worth. One of my favorite things about this vehicle is the get up and go when pulling out from somewhere."

Great for traveling, towing, families and pets

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, spacious"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"My only real complaint is gas mileage, but it's comparable to other SUVs and trucks. The Tahoe is super comfortable, easy to drive, handles turns and hills well, spacious, and has a convenient setup. I've traveled over half the U.S. with kids and pets, and we can even sleep in it comfortably. Awesome vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals