ZIP code

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 979 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Will keep this vehicle forever

By on Friday, October 21, 2016

Pros: "Extremely Durable"

"Can't say enough good things about this truck. Have owned it since it was brand new in 2002 and have had no major problems with it. Aside from things like a water pump, new belt, plugs and wires, nothing has failed on it. I'm convinced this truck has at least another 185,000 miles left."

Chevy Tahoe is the best vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, handles wonderful, no major problems"

Cons: "Needs a better sounding stero system"

"Never in a million years did I think I would ever buy an SUV and give up my Caddys and BMW's but after being talked into the purchase by my husband (to towe his race/show cars and my daughter's horses) I gave in, however: it still has never towed anything. This Tahoe LS has over 115,500 miles and been the best vehicle I have ever owned. It rides like a caddy but doesn't have all the bells I was used to but, it handles like a dream. And unlike other cars, it is not like a reincarnated airplane that has to be on a lift every other week. The only problems I have had with my Tahoe was the spare tire broke loose and flew out from under the car. Thank goodness no one was behind me or the tire would have gone through their windshield. The dealer had never seen this happen before but they fixed it free. And it has never been off-road, nor used for 4 wheeling. Just the other day the battery died and after it was replaced, the speedometer jumped from 0 to 30 mph at random times (got my first speeding ticket ever because of this :( but after talking to the service man it's to be expected with 115,500 miles - but other than that, I keep the oil changed every 3,000 miles, tune it up, and change lightbulbs & tires when needed, just the normal upkeep and have never had all the problems I have had with other vehicles I have owned in my 43 years of driving. When this Tahoe goes to SUV heaven, I will buy another. The gas milage is actually better than I thought it would be. Overall, if you are looking for a great, dependable vehicle, I would highly recommend a Chevy Tahoe."

low maintainence low depreciation very durable

By on Monday, October 8, 2012

"I cant beat the versatility and capability from a luxury ride to off road mountain sightseeing to trailer pulling it just keeps on keeping on"

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pros: "Have always loved driving it!"

Cons: "Have to remove 3rd row seats"

"Bought new in 2001. Taken several trips across country. Minor repairs over years. With 6 grand kids I can take them all, even with car seats. Would definitely buy again"

Very nice vehicle.

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive. Will go almost anywhere."

Cons: "Reliability, got ext warr-life saver."

"This SUV was driven for school activities for my kid by my wife, a volley ball coach. It seats 7 comfortably. It is definitely female friendly. With limited slip this 4X4 is unstoppable, even with the stock tires. Its been in the sand, 4 to 7 inches of mud and up to 8 inches of snow with no problem. The selection is 2WD, Auto,4 Hi, 4 Lo. Auto is great for heavy rain on the freeway. It is low enough to be stable at speed and high enough to clear up to 7 inch rocks on dirt roads. It feels like a tank off road. The 5.3L engine is very smooth and powerful. It pulls this 6000 lb SUV around like a sports car. With the friendly suspension settings this power train can get you in trouble, even with 190K miles on the OD. Major engine issues that extended warr covered. Overall best GM product I've ever owned as far as fit and finish but for a $43K SUV ext warr is a must. Great bug out vehicle. I love this 4X4."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals