2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 980 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Exceptional ride,comfort,reliability

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"This is probably the most well designed Suv I've ever owned, I am a retired Chrysler Master Technician who ha s always driven Chevy trucks,the comfort,reliability,features,handling and appearance even after 12 years of normal service,brakes,tires,belts,t/stat/front wheel bearings,for a 110,000 mile vehicle has exceeded my expectations"

A very reliable workhorse of a machine.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Excellent vehicle, comfortable, reliable, durable"

Cons: "Could be more economical."

"Purchased second hand and has been working hard for over 8 years continuous service. Relatively easy to service. Parts are quite available and reasonably priced. This machine has had no issues to speak of other than regular maintenance. It pulls my trailer with ease. The short wheelbase is normally convenient but tricky when pulling. This machine has been very reliable and I will hate to see it go in the future. I'm not convinced the newer versions are any better but they're much more expensive."

Excellent SUV for anyone, even the outdoorsman.

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Lots of power, good offroad, lots of space"

Cons: "Heavy, Not great on corners, short wheelbase"

Nice spot on one of the local trails

"I have owned my 2003 Tahoe since it was on the showroom floor in late 2002. Some specs on it are LS, 2wd, 5.3L V8, 4 speed automatic, Leather seats, Tow package, and Bose sound system. This SUV has never left me stranded on the road, and I must admit, I do run it pretty hard. I even do occasional off-roading in this down here in Florida. For those of you who don't know, all off-roading in Florida is mud, and lots of it. This SUV has no problem going through moderate size mud holes with all terrain tires and its only 2wd! I make it through some things that 4x4 pickups get stuck in. It is also a nice ride on the road. Quiet interior, comfortable ride, and plenty of power. With the tow package and the 5.3L V8, this SUV is rated to tow 7,600 lbs. I have hauled my brothers boat from time to time which is about 8,400 lbs from time to time and this truck handled it quite easily I must say. Part of that could be that I have put 4.11 gears in, where stock was 3.43. She pulls hard and drives nicely."

Nice spot on one of the local trails

Most dependable car/suv I have ever owned.

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "durrable versatile comfortable"

Cons: "interior dash plastic"

"I have had my 2001 Tahoe since 2004. I have 221k miles on it. Have only had to do typical maintenance on it like brakes and tires. The only additional repairs were the fuel pump at 190k miles and the ac at 180k. Both of which lasted much longer at that mileage than you would find on other similar type autos. It is very easy to drive and has great visibility. Not as bad on gas as people think, about 19.5 on interstate only about 13 to 14 in town though, but I have the 5.3 liter v8. Very durable engine. The only thing I find a fault is the leather seats are not fully leather, the sides of the seats are a vinyl that matches. Not sure if this is original or a repair that was done by original owner. Overall if you are considering one of these they are great and with so many out there getting parts if necessary is easy and somewhat cheap."

Chevy Tahoe is the best vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, handles wonderful, no major problems"

Cons: "Needs a better sounding stero system"

"Never in a million years did I think I would ever buy an SUV and give up my Caddys and BMW's but after being talked into the purchase by my husband (to towe his race/show cars and my daughter's horses) I gave in, however: it still has never towed anything. This Tahoe LS has over 115,500 miles and been the best vehicle I have ever owned. It rides like a caddy but doesn't have all the bells I was used to but, it handles like a dream. And unlike other cars, it is not like a reincarnated airplane that has to be on a lift every other week. The only problems I have had with my Tahoe was the spare tire broke loose and flew out from under the car. Thank goodness no one was behind me or the tire would have gone through their windshield. The dealer had never seen this happen before but they fixed it free. And it has never been off-road, nor used for 4 wheeling. Just the other day the battery died and after it was replaced, the speedometer jumped from 0 to 30 mph at random times (got my first speeding ticket ever because of this :( but after talking to the service man it's to be expected with 115,500 miles - but other than that, I keep the oil changed every 3,000 miles, tune it up, and change lightbulbs & tires when needed, just the normal upkeep and have never had all the problems I have had with other vehicles I have owned in my 43 years of driving. When this Tahoe goes to SUV heaven, I will buy another. The gas milage is actually better than I thought it would be. Overall, if you are looking for a great, dependable vehicle, I would highly recommend a Chevy Tahoe."

I love my Tahoe

By on Saturday, September 3, 2011

Reason: started to have problems

Pros: "COMFY AND DURABLE"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"We have traveled all over in our vehicle. With five children it has been pretty comfortable and it didnt give me much trouble until I hit the 175K miles. lol. The A/C went out then the water pump and finally the motor. At about 130K miles I had to change the starter. The paint job still looks good and so does the interior. At 30k miles the back window one day popped open and shattered which the dealer changed out for me and said it was a defect with most tahoe's that year. But I really put a lot of mileage into that baby and I bought another Tahoe to replace it."

Will keep this vehicle forever

By on Friday, October 21, 2016

Pros: "Extremely Durable"

"Can't say enough good things about this truck. Have owned it since it was brand new in 2002 and have had no major problems with it. Aside from things like a water pump, new belt, plugs and wires, nothing has failed on it. I'm convinced this truck has at least another 185,000 miles left."

Very nice vehicle.

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive. Will go almost anywhere."

Cons: "Reliability, got ext warr-life saver."

"This SUV was driven for school activities for my kid by my wife, a volley ball coach. It seats 7 comfortably. It is definitely female friendly. With limited slip this 4X4 is unstoppable, even with the stock tires. Its been in the sand, 4 to 7 inches of mud and up to 8 inches of snow with no problem. The selection is 2WD, Auto,4 Hi, 4 Lo. Auto is great for heavy rain on the freeway. It is low enough to be stable at speed and high enough to clear up to 7 inch rocks on dirt roads. It feels like a tank off road. The 5.3L engine is very smooth and powerful. It pulls this 6000 lb SUV around like a sports car. With the friendly suspension settings this power train can get you in trouble, even with 190K miles on the OD. Major engine issues that extended warr covered. Overall best GM product I've ever owned as far as fit and finish but for a $43K SUV ext warr is a must. Great bug out vehicle. I love this 4X4."

Reliable, roomy, comfy!

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "Comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage is under 17 most fillups"

"I have put over 100,000 miles on my 2003 tahoe with nothing but great things to say. I'm a single mom on a budget & this vehicle has been so reliable & affordable to maintain. It also has all the guts you need to tow a boat or haul a trailer .. all the vents keep the kids and even the dog on the 'back back' cool or nice and toasty"

low maintainence low depreciation very durable

By on Monday, October 8, 2012

"I cant beat the versatility and capability from a luxury ride to off road mountain sightseeing to trailer pulling it just keeps on keeping on"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals