2010 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 281 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Sticking with Suburbans!

By on Monday, May 22, 2017

Pros: "Space to spare!!!!!"

Cons: "visibility and seat release mechanisms"

"I love my suburban! I will be getting another one when I need a new vehicle. The only reason I gave it a 9 on design was because I am short and to check for oncoming traffic when I make a turn, there is a large amount of space between the front and side windows which I have to lean forward to see or it could block an entire vehicle, but I have gotten used to it and its not really a problem, only at first when I wasnt used to it. I gave it a 9 on quality because 2 of the seat release mechanisms have broke. I have read this is a regularly occurring problem on this vehicle. We have 6 kids and upgraded from a mini-van. I will never drive a smaller vehicle until my kids are out of the house. I LOVE MY SUBURBAN!"

Oil burner

By on Saturday, December 6, 2008

"My 2007 Suburban begin consuming oil at 3 times the allowed amount by GM at 19,000 miles. I am finally getting a replacement motor at 29,000. Many of the 5.3 L Vortec motors are burning oil with no smoke or identifiable leaks (not limited to Suburban). I don't recommend this vehicle for reliability. The new design is wonderful and the ride fantastic. The quality of this vehicle is NOT a reflection of the high sticker price. I have had 3 seat covers replaced, the lighter cover breaks off when you plug in your cell phone charger (3 replacements), chrome on the door handle bubbled and peeled off, battery died after 12 months, 4wd had issue at 1,800 miles, a/c had no charge at 50 miles, found a/c leak at firewall 500 miles, clear coat on bumper bubbled and peeled at 12 months. The gas mileage is also something to be desired. I have yet to see 20 mpg as stated on the sticker. Best I ever saw was 18.1 per gallon and that was only once. Average gas mileage is 11.4 (city) to 14.2 (hwy)."

LOVE IT

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

"I LOVE MY SUBURBAN! GOOD GAS MILEAGE FOR AN SUV. SEATS 8. ALWAYS HAVE ROOM FOR ALL OF OUR BOYS AND THEIR FRIENDS. FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, TOWING THE BOAT, MOTORCYCLES CAMPING, TAKING THE DOGS TO THE BEACH. NO MATTER WHAT I HAVE ENJOYED MY SUBURBAN."

Almost as Good as its Predecessor

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, most reliable, safe."

Cons: "You have to be able to afford it."

"This is the my third Suburban. I still own the 2004, which now has 240,000 miles. It wasn't perfect. At 205,000 miles, I had to get a break job. :) That was my first repair on the car. Unbelievable. It might be the best car that General Motors ever made. I still have not done any major work on engine or transmission and my son went on a 7,000 mile road trip without a hitch or a worry on my part. My 2011 seems to be off to the same kind of start. My only complaint with the changes is that the passenger seats no longer lay completely flat, meaning you lose that extra two feet of cargo space. I am a big man in my 50's with some back issues. Suburban's have the best ride of any vehicle, period. I have driven it from Wisconsin to Seattle in two days, with very little soreness. It is like going first class instead of coach."

THE WORST VEHICLE WE HAVE OWNED.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "LARGE ENOUGH FOR A FAMILY OF 6"

Cons: "THIS VEHICLE IS TRULY A MONEYPIT"

"THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP OVER 8 TIMES SINCE BOUGHT IN 2010. CONSTANT HEADACHE. STAY AWAY FROM THE "07 YEAR CLASS SUBURBAN."