2009 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Great S.U.V.

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Great vehicle with plenty of room for 8. Quality meets comfort with the Suburban and I would recommend this suv to anyone interested in purchasing this size vehicle."

the best TRUCK you can buy

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "powerful, reliable"

"we bought this truck because we wanted to go camping and had a boat to pull. our camper is 35ft and the truck pulles it like butter. this is a real mans truck. i know iam safe driving it becuase its so big and heavy it wieghs 6,996 pounds. this is the best family truck on the market today. iam so happy with my buy."

Great Vehicle - but you WILL have problems

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Our Third Suburban: 98, 02, and 04 - It is the ultimate all around vehicle. Great for families, long trips, towing, outstanding in snow/bad weather, it has room for 6 people plus full cargo. With a suburban you are NEVER in a situation that you can't haul or tow something. I will likely replace this one with another one. However - if you buy one you WILL have drivetrain problems. My 98 needed a rear ring and pinion/axle bearing replaced @ 46K, the 2002 blew the transmission @ 34K and the 2004 has had the most problems: front diffferential bearings, rear axle whine, A/C failure, steering gear failure and 2 steering shaft replacements."

Love my LTZ

By on Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"This is my 3rd surb. bought new 4 years ago, now has 62k. A few minor trips to the dealer. Great in the snow, long trips, tailgating. My only complaint would be the coffin sized center console that I have to tuck my right arm into my side and open with my left."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Owned several SUV's before the suburban but this tops them all foreign and domestic. Great ride, quiet, safe, comfortable and classy. I must say it does it all. If you want to ride in this type of luxury you will spend a few extra dollars on gas but it goes with the territory."

Suburban Tops

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"Love the room and looks, but a price to be paid in gas mileage?"

Great Family SUV

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I bought my first chevy product EVER. I have always owned the Expedition by Ford but this new body style by Chevy really turned my head. My wife and I have four kids and our Dark Blue surburban is wonderful. We opted for the 20" tires and am glad as the look is awesome when compaired with the stock 17" look. The ride is smooth and the power is there also. We pull a 26' camper with very little problem. Gas milage with camper is a disappointing 10 or less. With flex fuel we notice a small drop in Gas Milage to about 14.5. DVD with wireless headphones are great as we can still listen to the XM and the kids can watch their movies. ON STAR IS A MUST>>> saved me 3 times already with door unlocks. Only two complaints come to mind and one is my fault.... rear seats dont lay flat which is not a huge issue, but the Expedition laid flat and I miss it. The 2nd is it did not hold up to an impact with my garage door. HINT remember to shut rear lift gate before pulling in to the garage a very quick 1100.00 damage. GREAT VEHICLE"

It's Sick, man!

By on Thursday, April 3, 2008

"Best ride around! Looks is just the beginning! With the option of using E-85, it's totally family affordable! I LOVE my 'Burban! Drives easy-unlike older trucks-awesome in snow, too!"

Love this vehicle, will buy another one.

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room, looks great."

Cons: "A little pricey."

"I have owned this suburban for 5 years. It is a great vehicle to own and drive. I will be trading sometime this year and will be buying another suburban. I wish they were a little cheaper, but are worth the money."

Do Not BUY if has fuel flex motor

By on Monday, January 25, 2016

Pros: "nice ride when runs"

Cons: "expensive to repair"

"I have had two suburbans with the fuel flex motors you will have to replace the cam shaft and collapsed lifters before 140,ooo miles read more on line about this engine it is lemon and G.M. is aware of problem several $1000s.in repair BEWARE"

Excellent Family Vehicle!

By on Monday, May 2, 2016

Pros: "space, comfort, smooth ride, reliable"

Cons: "hard to see out of, slow to speed up"

"I love, love, love this truck! We bought when we were expecting our 6th child and were outgrowing our minivan. We were shopping for a vehicle that could accommodate 8 passengers plus had room for luggage (and all that additional baby gear!). The Suburban fit the bill! We bought it when it was a year old with 20,000 miles on it. We have put 50,000 miles on it and I never get nervous driving it cross-country a couple times a year with myself and 6 kids. It is very reliable, never have problems with it other than taking care of the normal maintenance (oil, tires, etc.) It has very comfortable seating for everyone, including my teenager and pre-teen as well as plenty of space for child safety seats. The ride is very comfortable and smooth. The only downside is that it has very little "get-up", meaning it does not speed up quickly. If you want to race, this is not the car for you. LOL! Also, it is kind of hard to see out of when backing out of parking spaces, but that goes with any large vehicle. Overall, I strongly recommend this vehicle for large families, and we will definitely be buying another one when this one gets old. LOVE IT!"

Luxery ride with room for 8 and luggage too!

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Pros: "Available luxury"

Cons: "price"

"Decent gas mileage (21 hwy and 16 city) for a vehicle that provides plenty of room for a large family. DVD entertainment system keeps kids entertained with or without head phones. Drives like a luxury car. Could not be happier with the strong V8 that has plenty of power for passing or pulling a trailer. Great Choice!"

Best vehicle I've ever owned!!!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "most functional and comfortable vehicle on the roa"

Cons: "door lock failures"

"I'm still driving my 2008 model at 300,000 miles with only a recent oil pump repair. Drives like new and is as durable as they get. Only real problem with these vehicles is the door locks go out from time-to-time. Gas mileage is about 17 mpg. Love this vehicle."

'07 2LT Suburban - Wish I had my Sequoia back

By on Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"There is no doubt that this vehicle has enough power to pull a small house (which we really don't need, but my husband thinks so). But as a former Sequoia owner who wishes she still were one, I think the quality of the interior is cheap looking. I don't like that the middle row seats don't recline at all and as soon as my sons get older, I can see how the back seat will be absolutely useless because of how cramped it is. There is a lack of storage "cubbies" and I wish there were more compartments. Though we have the Bose stereo in the Suburban, I am not the least bit pleased with the reception of the radio - never was an issue before and isn't in my husband's Camry. Wish I had gotten the back up sensors for the size of this "bus". We live in a hilly area of San Antonio and the gas mileage is dismal as a result. I want so badly to support our American car makers, but having recently driven the newest Sequoia, there is absolutely no comparison. And this vehicle has lost an INCREDIBLE amount of value since we bought it in July 2007....with only 8700 miles on it. Had a problem with the gas tank leaking when I filled it...like a big burp when the pump cut off even when filling it at the slowest speed (and I don't top off). Chevy told me that they had never had any problems reported with the gas tank...After 4 visits to the dealership, they finally replaced my gas tank and the problem went away. FINALLY! Resetting the tire pressure system is a nightmare....and for safety in this day and age, Chevy needs to offer side airbags as a standard feature....Though we have cloth, what is this fuzzy fabric on the back of almost all the seats? Why not leather all the way around?!?!?! If I weren't so upside down, I'd get rid of this vehicle in a heartbeat! I don't like the lack of adjustable seats in the second and third rows."

good vehicle lots of room excellent

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pros: "tows great lots of room comfortable relaible"

Cons: "rough ride everyting was cheap plastic interior"

"this is a very nice vehicle. the interior is very cheap like hard plastic dash had plastic door panels for an ltz not nice. tows excellent. just miss the ride and interior of my jeep. but has more room. but and lousy gas milage"

Love my car have had same car for years

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

"If my children were still at home and I needed the space I would buy another. I have had a Suburban for the past 15 years and have loved them all."

not chevy's best

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "great look"

Cons: "not reliable, uncomfortable,"

"certainly not Chevy's best. My 2003 suburban was far superior to this one. The 2009 has a lot more toys on it but the 2003 drove better, was more reliable and a lot more comfortable. I wish I had my old one back. I have had 6 suburbans and 2 Tahoes since 1999 so they are nothing i haven't experienced before."

always wanted one

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I finally was able to afford one. this has to be one of chevys best design on any vehicle next to the new camaro, which is next on my list, only problem is that my wife wont lend it to me, but as long as I get to drive it when we all go out. this vehicle is awesome very comfortable, kids fall asleep as soon as we hit the road, smooth quiet but yet powerfull, and plenty of space, overall a very good family vehicle, not the best vehicle if ur a green nut, but still better than any other suv in ints class. get one, u wont regret it."

awesome

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "Great motor, AC seats, Lots of room"

Cons: "Current pricing to high"

"Best vehicle we've ever owned.. Not 4wheeldrive... Only issue was right side mirror motor stopped working after 5 years.... Third row seat sucks.. Uncomfortable.. All others are great.. Love the AC in the seats... Have taken a lot of trips in it.. Gave $60 grand for it in 2011.. Cant see paying the $75 grand they want for them now though...But a very nice vehicle if your looking for space and good gas mileage.."

Absolutely LOVE this vehicle!!!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Lots of features that make a long drive better"

Cons: "A little pricey and not the best MPG"

Simply beautiful!!

"We absolutely LOVE this vehicle and would never go with anything else again. We will keep this one til it dies and then replace it with another Suburban. We have a 6 person family, so the room and comfort it offers is insurpassable."

Simply beautiful!!

Suburban - perfect large SUV!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, powerful, tows everything, roomy"

Cons: "Eats gas, 13 to 14 mpg but what do you expect?"

"Why would you own any other SUV other than a Suburban? I have 3 kids and we drive to most of our vacations (just got back from Disney World!). Enough room for everything in back, drives awesome, handles like a car, you're up high and tons of power. We have horses and trailer everything and it never feels like it's pulling anything. We have a Diamond Anniversary edition and while GM doesn't make much right, one thing they do know how to make is a large SUV!"

love the vehicle hate the gas mileage

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cons: "gas mileage"

"we went from a 06 escalade esv with the vortex max to the 07 suburban with the 6.0 with cylinder deactivation and must say the escalade got much better mpg than this suburban ever thought of. We have owned this for 11 months and I would go back to the older model today if I could"

I love our sub. Comfortable, roomy, smooth ride

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, steering a breeze, and roomy"

Cons: "Steering wheel and door handles peel"

"Before or 2007 we had a 1997. Bought both cars new and love them both.With the new 2007 changes, this sub has been great. The ride is smooth and steering a breeze. We have 113241 miles with only regular maintenance need. Gave the Interior a 7/10 due to steering wheel and door handles peeling. Had both replaced under warranty and they peeled again. They finally recalled the door handles and that seems to be holding up. However, the steering wheel is still peeling."

great for large family.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "size, comfort, style, safety."

Cons: "gas mileage."

"love my truck. only downfall is mileage."

great truck. would buy again

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "love the truck"

Cons: "price high"

"Overall great pet peeves - no mp3 connection, no bluetooth, hands free phone is very annoying. had some issues with third row seats that took 4 trips to dealer to fix - dealer issue."