2009 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Love this SUV

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"I bought an 07 LTZ about 6 months ago, so I actually own the vehicle I am reviewing, and have driven it some time now. So far it has been what I would call perfect. We have it pretty loaded with buckets in the back ( a must have with kids ), DVD, power liftgate (spoils you fast), 20 inch wheels. I was able to get this for 38,000 new, so i dont understand why people pay this much for a loaded minivan, like an Odyssey, when you could have this vehicle instead..."

Worth it

By on Monday, July 1, 2013

Pros: "Looks mean, fun to drive, roomy, economical for V8"

"Needed something big enough for the family and big enough to tow. With the 5.3 I can tow our 29' travel trailer with no issue at all, have all three rows full of people and everyone comfortable. When it's just the immediate family and no trailer, the 18+ MPG around our little neck of the woods (rural area), is great for my wallet."

Excellent for larger families!

By on Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pros: "Great roomy family vehicle with good cargo room"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency"

"We depend on our sub and cannot imagine life without it. Roomy with four children and with middle buckets, allows kids to make their way to third row easily. Interior is plush on the LTZ and very, very comfortable. Drives great for larger SUV. Downside is mileage (terrible) and steering wheel is peeling. Also, Chevy emblem on front grill looked trashy after just a year or so (peeled from the inside) and the steering wheel peeled just after warranty. GM was great while warranty lasted with repairs to noise on windshield and whining on front windows when opening/closing windows. Since warranty has gone out we have lost functionality on driver's side door locking with key fob and have learned this is a big problem that as of now GM has not addressed. All in all though, we will highly likely purchase another in the next year or two!"

LOVE MY SUBURBAN

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "DRIVES GREAT, BOSE SPEAKERS GREAT."

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE, REAR SEATS NOT COMFORTABLE."

"PURCHASED USED ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. HAS GIVEN ME NO PROBLEM AT ALL. GAS MILEAGE IS NOT GOOD BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT REAR SEATS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE. ONE THING I DO NOT LIKE IS THE WAY THE THIRD SEAT FOLDS DOWN. THE ONLY WAY YOU HAVE A FLAT SURFACE IS TO REMOVE IT COMPLETELY. ALSO, NOT MUCH LEG ROOM FOR THIRD SEAT PASSENGERS."

Awesome vehicle. comfortable, reliable.

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Great gas mileage for a large SUV."

Not Multiple Car Seat Friendly

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I love the way our 2008 Suburban drives. It is a very smooth ride, and I feel safe driving my 5 kids around. My biggest problem with it right now is that it was built in a way that prevents most car seats from being safely installed in the 3rd row. The seats fold down, and the tracks the hinges run on have a hard plastic case which inhibits the car seat from fitting snugly against the seat. I was able to find one car seat that works, but really, spending this much on a vehicle that is supposed to be considered a family vehicle, I would think they would have checked to be sure car seats fit. In addition to this, the back seat is 57" wide. This doesn't allow for three seats (car seats or booster seats) to be placed side-by-side back there. The placement of the latch anchors is also odd, in my opinon."

gas guzzler!!!

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I TRADED A 2004 YUCON THAT GOT 16.7 MILES A GALLON. MY NEW 2007 SUBURBAN DOES GOOD TO GET 14.4 IN TOWN AND 19-20 ON THE HWY. THIS IS NOT A SUV TO PLAY TAXI WITH KIDS SPORTS ACTIVITIES YOU CANT PASS A GAS PUMP AFTER 1/2 TANK IS USED!! NOT HAPPY WITH CHEVY BUT THE GMC YUCON WAS GREAT. (AND 0% INTEREST!!!)"

Worth every penny

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I just went plain jane. Three cloth benches, not a lot of options by choice. I was payment shopping. Best deal I got on a DVD system in the headrests was back at the dealership. The vote is still out on the Xylon treatment on the seats, carpets, and paint. So far so good with three kids. The horsepower on demand is getting me approx 18mpg at 70mph, and 16mpg at 75mph - with the air on. Smooth, responsive, breaks don't fade for a vehicle this heavy, maybe could use stiffer anitsway bars, but never tasked the vehicle to have stabilitrac kick in, cabin is quietest we've ever experienced, yet the V8 has a nice throaty rumble to it. Still, big, cushy seats seem to make interior seem a little crowded. Perhaps if I had middle row buckets that moved back and forth I wouldn't have this problem. Again, payment shopping..."

Loved the car for the first year

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "size and comfort, power, style, looked good"

Cons: "Poor electrical systems and motors"

"Great out of the box, but all door locks, rear hatch, side window defrost, tow gear, electric windshield heater, CD player broke between 9 months and 3 yrs. Engine quit at 126,000 miles."

great ride!!

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "absolutely wonderful ride the last of a dyingbreed"

Cons: "nothing"

"why on gods green earth wold ANYONE buy an 80k dollar toyota land cruiser whe they could have the suburban and all of the reliability comfort room style wonderful driving dynamics and overall quality along aith the best resale in the business. for 57k!!! nuff said!!!"