2009 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 277 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

best suv

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"have owned other sub., tahoe's, and expeditons. For the size of this vehicle I get 17-21mpg. You have to drop to a rav4 or forester to beat the gas mileage. Why buy a small or mid size suv? Ive got the safety with this. Went on vacation--with wife, 4 kids. mother.and mother inlaw for 7 days. I did not have to use luggage carrier. But other wise loaded and still got 19-20mpg the whole trip. Best vehicle ive owned. Awesome in winter weather. My wife loves this vehicle. I hear u can get a deal on them now!"

Love this SUV

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"I bought an 07 LTZ about 6 months ago, so I actually own the vehicle I am reviewing, and have driven it some time now. So far it has been what I would call perfect. We have it pretty loaded with buckets in the back ( a must have with kids ), DVD, power liftgate (spoils you fast), 20 inch wheels. I was able to get this for 38,000 new, so i dont understand why people pay this much for a loaded minivan, like an Odyssey, when you could have this vehicle instead..."

Worth it

By on Monday, July 1, 2013

Pros: "Looks mean, fun to drive, roomy, economical for V8"

"Needed something big enough for the family and big enough to tow. With the 5.3 I can tow our 29' travel trailer with no issue at all, have all three rows full of people and everyone comfortable. When it's just the immediate family and no trailer, the 18+ MPG around our little neck of the woods (rural area), is great for my wallet."

Excellent for larger families!

By on Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pros: "Great roomy family vehicle with good cargo room"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency"

"We depend on our sub and cannot imagine life without it. Roomy with four children and with middle buckets, allows kids to make their way to third row easily. Interior is plush on the LTZ and very, very comfortable. Drives great for larger SUV. Downside is mileage (terrible) and steering wheel is peeling. Also, Chevy emblem on front grill looked trashy after just a year or so (peeled from the inside) and the steering wheel peeled just after warranty. GM was great while warranty lasted with repairs to noise on windshield and whining on front windows when opening/closing windows. Since warranty has gone out we have lost functionality on driver's side door locking with key fob and have learned this is a big problem that as of now GM has not addressed. All in all though, we will highly likely purchase another in the next year or two!"

LOVE MY SUBURBAN

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "DRIVES GREAT, BOSE SPEAKERS GREAT."

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE, REAR SEATS NOT COMFORTABLE."

"PURCHASED USED ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. HAS GIVEN ME NO PROBLEM AT ALL. GAS MILEAGE IS NOT GOOD BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT REAR SEATS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE. ONE THING I DO NOT LIKE IS THE WAY THE THIRD SEAT FOLDS DOWN. THE ONLY WAY YOU HAVE A FLAT SURFACE IS TO REMOVE IT COMPLETELY. ALSO, NOT MUCH LEG ROOM FOR THIRD SEAT PASSENGERS."

Awesome vehicle. comfortable, reliable.

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Great gas mileage for a large SUV."

Not Multiple Car Seat Friendly

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I love the way our 2008 Suburban drives. It is a very smooth ride, and I feel safe driving my 5 kids around. My biggest problem with it right now is that it was built in a way that prevents most car seats from being safely installed in the 3rd row. The seats fold down, and the tracks the hinges run on have a hard plastic case which inhibits the car seat from fitting snugly against the seat. I was able to find one car seat that works, but really, spending this much on a vehicle that is supposed to be considered a family vehicle, I would think they would have checked to be sure car seats fit. In addition to this, the back seat is 57" wide. This doesn't allow for three seats (car seats or booster seats) to be placed side-by-side back there. The placement of the latch anchors is also odd, in my opinon."

gas guzzler!!!

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I TRADED A 2004 YUCON THAT GOT 16.7 MILES A GALLON. MY NEW 2007 SUBURBAN DOES GOOD TO GET 14.4 IN TOWN AND 19-20 ON THE HWY. THIS IS NOT A SUV TO PLAY TAXI WITH KIDS SPORTS ACTIVITIES YOU CANT PASS A GAS PUMP AFTER 1/2 TANK IS USED!! NOT HAPPY WITH CHEVY BUT THE GMC YUCON WAS GREAT. (AND 0% INTEREST!!!)"

Worth every penny

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I just went plain jane. Three cloth benches, not a lot of options by choice. I was payment shopping. Best deal I got on a DVD system in the headrests was back at the dealership. The vote is still out on the Xylon treatment on the seats, carpets, and paint. So far so good with three kids. The horsepower on demand is getting me approx 18mpg at 70mph, and 16mpg at 75mph - with the air on. Smooth, responsive, breaks don't fade for a vehicle this heavy, maybe could use stiffer anitsway bars, but never tasked the vehicle to have stabilitrac kick in, cabin is quietest we've ever experienced, yet the V8 has a nice throaty rumble to it. Still, big, cushy seats seem to make interior seem a little crowded. Perhaps if I had middle row buckets that moved back and forth I wouldn't have this problem. Again, payment shopping..."

Loved the car for the first year

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "size and comfort, power, style, looked good"

Cons: "Poor electrical systems and motors"

"Great out of the box, but all door locks, rear hatch, side window defrost, tow gear, electric windshield heater, CD player broke between 9 months and 3 yrs. Engine quit at 126,000 miles."

great ride!!

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "absolutely wonderful ride the last of a dyingbreed"

Cons: "nothing"

"why on gods green earth wold ANYONE buy an 80k dollar toyota land cruiser whe they could have the suburban and all of the reliability comfort room style wonderful driving dynamics and overall quality along aith the best resale in the business. for 57k!!! nuff said!!!"

Nice ride for a SUV, I have driven Subs 39 yrs

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room, great ride"

Cons: "Front airdam too low, ground clearance low"

"Major Transmission Failure at 112,000 miles. 5.3 Liter. 2007 has fuel injector #7 problems past 85,000 miles If you notice engine miss and get unusual computer dialog information on dash board most likely #7 fuel injector is sticking. It burns out #7 spark plug and needs #7 injector replaced. This was documented on the internet numerous times by the repair shop I use."

Safest car around

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "Strong, rides great, Very reliable."

Cons: "NONE"

"My two sons just got in a accident and they were driving this truck. If it wasn't for this truck, Lord only knows what the outcome would have been. After seening the accident myself, I could never go back to another Vehicle. Very strong truck. It saved my boys lives."

very good vehicle

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Really a joy to drive"

Cons: "uses some oil which always concerned me. Chevy says nnot to worry!??!"

"While the overall MPG is not great at 16.5, it's super on the highway. On an Interstate or highway that's fairly level, the engine switchs to 4 cylinders and the instant mileage goes up to 33 MPG. It's city driving that drags the mileage down, but that's true with most cars. The 4 wheel drive"

I am in love with my new Suburban!

By on Monday, May 9, 2011

"We recently bought a used 2007 Suburban and I couldn't be happier with it! We traded in our 2004 Cadillac Escalade on it, and at first I was sceptical that anything could be as comfortable and stylish as my Escalade was. Boy was I wrong!!! The suburban rides and handles like a dream, and my son loves the rear seat entertainment system. All the extras on it make it a really convenient vehicle. The remote start is great for cooling down an extremely hot car in the summer! I would definately recommend the Suburban to anyone that has a family or just needs the extra room! You won't be disappointed!!"

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This is a great famiy car, I have two kids and two English Mastiffs and they all fit. the plastic interior parts wear out quick. The turning is great feels like a sedan. There are two blindspots at the driver and passenger sides of the windshield. I seem to average 11.5 mpg. Needs to be six speed transmission. Its also not cheap. But overall a good family car."

should have got this one first

By on Saturday, July 12, 2008

"great truck seats 8 and all our luggage.i had a 2000 expedition first seated 8 not much luggage room.only issue i've had so far was a sunroof leak took 3 tries.i get a lot of compliments.HWY mileage is good wish city was a little better.luckily i don't need to drive it daily."

Best of the Best

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I've had a 99 Tahoe, 01 and 05 Suburban. I loved all of them, but this 07 is the best one yet. Power, handling style its got it. Always getting compliments on it.(one was a Ford dealer!)"

Best Looking SUV ever

By on Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Great power, smooth ride, very comfortable, cheaper than an escalade, very reliable, easy to fix and cheap repairs. Yes it does like to drink the gas but great as a second or touring vehicle to stretch out and carry the stuff. Nav is a little tricky. The switching V8 and V4 is kinda cool but a small breeze or bump will keep that loading down on V8 the whole time. This is one of my favorite cars to drive it is no wonder they are everywhere. Z71 package makes it a stiffer ride but more like a sports car than a Lincoln floating on air suspension."

love love love

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"my family of 6 bought this car in november of 2007. we absolutely love it! we upgraded from an 05 dodge durango and would never go back after we experienced all this room and quality. we get an average of 18 mpg which is way better than what our durango with a hemi ever got. we always get compliments on it and it is a great car overall. it goes very well in the snow. although one complant is that the cloth black seat collect lint very badly. but other than that i would reccomend this car to anyone."

Luxery ride with room for 8 and luggage too!

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Pros: "Available luxury"

Cons: "price"

"Decent gas mileage (21 hwy and 16 city) for a vehicle that provides plenty of room for a large family. DVD entertainment system keeps kids entertained with or without head phones. Drives like a luxury car. Could not be happier with the strong V8 that has plenty of power for passing or pulling a trailer. Great Choice!"

BETTER THAN EVER

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"The Suburban is better than ever. Nice styling, good perfomance and has been very reliable. Only one minor adjustment in over a year of ownership. The restyling and improved performance of a couple of years ago has really made this a better vehicle. And hiway mileage about twenty per gallon: while that does not come close to a Prius for mileage, a Prius would never come close to a Suburban for carrying capacity, towing etc."

My third suburban best one yet!

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

"Great SUV , great on gas for its size and very easy to drive!"

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "Did the job I bought it for dependably."

"I ordered this Chevrolet Suburban 2500. My experience with this vehicle tells me General Motors has significantly improved the quality of the vehicles they build. It has 176,000 miles and I never had to put brakes on it. I never had to do anything to transmission or engine. It has been a great vehicle."

Why didn't I own one sooner!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Room, confidence, reliability, options"

Cons: "No bluetooth in 2008 for phone, only OnStar mins"

"I absolutely wish had I had bought a Suburban years before I bought this one. I was always a minivan driver when we started a family. The gas mpg for the Suburban (4WD) only averages about 3 miles less per gallon than a 2WD, 6 cylinder minivan. I have had this vehicle for years, and reliability and flexibility have left nothing wanted. Plenty of space for passengers and storage. Power to tow just about anything you wish to, while very stable on the road when towing. Every option to make your time on the road, and around town, comfortable and confident. Although they are expensive initially, they have lasting value and reliability. I plan to have this vehicle as long as it will have me.."