2008 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Why I would purchase this vehicle again.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "room, comfortable drive, options, looks of vehicle"

Cons: "gas milage"

"Living in a household of 8; we felt we needed to find a vehicle that was safe, roomy, riliable and 4wd since we live in an area that receives alot of snow. This is by far the best vehicle I have owned and I highly recommend to others. Having 6 boys involved in sports, or traveling for a trip we have found the vehicle drives very well, it is roomy enough to pack all of our luggage, has the power to tow a travel trailer or boat,etc. The BOSE premium sound and dvd player are a huge plus for traveling. The only thing I wish was better was the gas milage but with a large V8 this is to be expected. We gained all of the room and offset by dropping the gas milage. All 6 of our kids comfortably fit in this vehicle as along with the wife and I. There is still a ton of storage compared to other 8 passenger vehciles and we looked into many of them before settling on the suburban."

Lemon

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"We have had our 2007 Suburban since November of 2009. We purchased with 50,000 miles on it and now have 70,000 miles on it. It has been nothing but trouble for us. It burns oil consistently, my check engine oil light comes on about every 1500 to 2000 miles. This is a known problem for the 2007's that Chevrolet like to sweep under the rug. They won't do anything about it except have me fill out an oil consumption log that has gotten me nowhere. This morning, on my way to work, the low oil pressure light, stop engine light flashes on my dashboard. So I'm stranded and needing a tow truck to take me to the garage. I mean COME ON! I spent $33000 bucks on this car and it's been nothing but trouble! My radio/navigation screen went out on me, my keyless remote entry keys don't work, and Chevy recalled the heated washer fluid so they had to disconnect that as well. DO NOT BUY THE 2007 SUBURBAN! Unsatisfied Chevrolet customer :("

Impressive Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Its a great vehicle. We were able to fit 3 front facing carseats in the back seat but only 2 car seats in the middle seat due to the doors taking up 2 inches too much space. Adults would have a hard time with the leg room in the back seat. The middle seat seemed ok but there is room for improvement as far as leg space goes. Made a six hour trip to Wyoming seam quick since it floated down the highway. It has plenty of power to get around slower vehilces and the fuel economy with the flexfuel is to be expected of the larger vechicle. The 4cyl mode only kicks in on flat or down hill roads when not excelerating. It would be nice if it kicked in while idleing. We already had a problem with the fuel pump module only after 90 days after purchase (12000 miles) but other then that it seems like a sturdy vehicle mechanically. The turning radius is impressivly small and makes it easy to navigate in the city. I would buy it again in a heartbeat."

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Suburban

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable +++, Safety features"

Cons: "Pricey, big to park, fuel."

"This is a luxury car. Extremely comfortable with nearly every imaginable comfort, "bell and whistle". The "flex fuel" option allows me to have averaged 16.4 mpg...I drive about 15 country miles back and forth to work each day and then a bunch of "around town" stuff...nto bad for this size vehicle. We also travel 12+ hrs with two little ones on a regular basis to visit family. It is very comfortable for us all, and we can fit a TON of stuff in there (this does not help me control my over-packing tendencies...lol). I could not imagine being any happier with a car. I have the White diamond exterior paint...gorgeos! The color is what I couldn't resist...but I now love the rest of it just as much. This also handles very well in snow, and mud...the heated seats are heavenly and it actually cools pretty quickly in the summer despite the amount of space that needs cooling. Downside: It is a little drifty in high winds (like 40+mph....we live in a VERY flat part of the midwest). It does cost a fair amount of money to fill the tank."

Great for my entire family- haven't had any issue

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy for the size; space; features"

Cons: "None!"

"Great vehicle! I haven't had any issues with it in four years of driving it. It has plenty of space and great features. Fuel economy is close to 20 mpg in the warmer months."

It's done well so far

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "Very room and comfortable. Good cargo w/o seats"

Cons: "Handles peel can cut you. AC circ buttons small"

"Very roomy for both passengers and cargo. Long trips are comfortable. Mid bench seats are comfortable, but the fold down ones in the back are a little stiff. I had one problem with transmission which was covered by warranty and hasn't given any problems since. Catalytic converter needed to be changed."

excellent vehicle

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "quiet smooth ride, good milage"

Cons: "haven't found any"

"own a Tahoe and and a Suburban love both probably the best vehicles I have ever owned. The suburban has plenty of room and handles like a much smaller vehicle. Very quiet and a smooth ride. I would definitely buy again."

Exceeds my expectations!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Most everything"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"This is my 3rd Suburban, first of the newer body style. I've had nothing but positive experiences from all of my Burbs. They are not the greatest on fuel economy, however I didn't buy it with that in mind. We tow a 25ft boat 60 miles almost each weekend during the summer with no problems and it looks good doing it too!"

Great Family SUV!!

By on Monday, July 4, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, Safety, Towing Capability, Reasonable fuel economy"

Cons: "Lacks Rain Sensing Wipers, 2nd Row Cup Holders not useful for children (too low to floorboard)"

"Had a Mazda CX-9 which was a great vehicle, until we had our 3rd child and ran out of room. Anyone looking for capability of seating 7 comfortably should get this vehicle. Much easier to get in and out of the 3rd row than the Mazda. Suburban is biggest SUV in segment, has great cargo space behind 3rd row and can tow decent size boats/campers. We love this truck as it provides excellent safety and comfort for our family. Test drove the Ford Expedition EL, nice ride but not near as good as the Suburban. The headliner in the 2nd row of Expedition was so low I actually hit my head while entering, plus the automatic running boards on the limited EL were just annoying. Not once have I thought we bought the wrong vehicle, we got this one right!!"

Great vehicle

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"This has been the best vehicle I have owned so far. Very smooth ride, reliable, and powerful. I never thought such a big vehicle would handle as easy as a car. I purchased this for my wife to drive, but I have also driven on trips and weekends and it's fun to drive. During one of those trips I hit a deer and I have never felt as safe as a I did in the suburban. When I slammed on the brakes doing 70+ mph, the suburban stayed straight as an arrow and came to a safe stop. Everyone in the vehicle was safe. The only unfortunate one was the poor deer. Overall, great value for this vehicle and great resale value."