ZIP code

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 756 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

11 years and this vehicle is still great!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, comfortable, roomy,"

Cons: "rear seat quit folding up and console lid broke."

"This has been my daily driver since I bought it 11 years ago. It had 86,000 miles when I bought it and I have put over 100,000 miles on it. I have 6 kids and it was so comfortable for them. I have driven it on trips to Arizona, Utah, California, Colorado, and New Mexico. It has never let us down. The seat mechanisms didn't last and the console in the front broke. Other than that, minor repairs expected of any vehicle this age with this much wear and tear. If I needed a vehicle with this much room again, I would definitely buy! This has made us Chevy people! I had an explorer before and would absolutely never go that route again..."

American steel at its best!

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "Value, utility, comfort, power, and safety."

Cons: "None."

"Burbs are smooth as butter, reliable, and never disappoint. This truck does it all. If you can't do it with this vehicle you probably shouldn't do it. We bought our 2004 LT in 2012 with only 46K for $15,900. It now has 115,000 and I'm sure will go to 215,000 with minimal repairs. The value and utility that it provides are unbeatable. Kids, pets, luggage, roof-top carrier, bike rack, trailers, home improvement materials, off-road adventures, snow, and the safety of burly American steel. Averaging 15 MPG in a 5500-pound vehicle with the cargo & passenger room of a small bus is not worth complaining about. This is the ultimate family vehicle, hands down!"

Reliable good looking comfterable very good ride

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, safe, great looking."

Cons: "Gas is cheap right now- enjoy it while it lasts..."

"Great truck, If you keep up with maintenance, Especially trans flushes, and coolant flushes it will last you a long time. Always smooth and with the z71 pkg it looks great as well. Big lazy boy seats that are comfterable. My only real quam is that the main bass speaker is in the rear, its almost 6ft from me so its not very loud. I upgraded it now it sounds mint. Also, Change your fuel filters. Those KILL these trucks fuel pumps."

5 kids 3 dogs...Must Have Vehicle

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"Large family, dogs, stuff, live in rural iowa...no way a mini van could do what we need it to do. When gas was $4 a gallon, we still loved this SUV. Regular service, Amoco 87 octane gives us 15 city and 18 highway. Will replace with a newer suburban in 09."

Best truck ever!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, reliabe"

Cons: "Gas but really not as bad as some say."

"I really can't say enough good things about this truck. Super reliable-comfie ride, handles great! I would buy another if I still needed all the passenger space. I hate to get rid of this one!"

Really love my Suburban, don't like the gas prices

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "Rides nice, dependable, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas Prices are high"

"My Chevy Surburban has been very dependable. It makes me wanna take a road trip every time I drive it on the freeway (; It's convient and very comfortable to drive (I love the big vehicals) Don't like the gas prices but $50 to $70 a week and I drive to and from work plus all my extra running each week so not to bad for such a big vehical. I would recommend having a small economy car but I love my Suburban. Me and my friend got our rides on the same day and I haven't had any problems outta mine!!! Thank God but her tahoe she hasn't been as lucky with."

Excellent vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride confort and space"

Cons: "GM needs a diesel version in the 1500 series"

"Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. I have a bad back and fybromyagia and this vehicle actually helps me drive better with those two physical issue."

My wife will not let me sell this car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, easy to drive."

Cons: "Not great on gas mileage."

"Overall this car has been pretty much trouble free and a nice vehicle to drive. My wife will not let me sell or trade it, even though I got her an Acura. It has been her favorite car of all time."

Really best vehicle I have owned.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "tough as nails."

Cons: "loves gas"

"The time has come to upgrade my beloved suburban. I bought this vehicle new and have driven it almost everywhere. It is comfortable, roomy, tough, and the reliability is unquestionable. As I look for a replacement I hope it will be half as good as the suburban has been."

Suprisingly VERY reliable family car

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, roomy and comfortable for 8 passengers"

Cons: "Plastic hardware always breaking, coming off"

"We purchased our 2006 Suburban new after owning Subarus and Toyotas in the past so were very hesitant, but needed a larger vehicle. We have now owned for over 5 years and have only had minimal repairs. The one compaint we have, that may be common for all Chevrolets, is the interior hardware. It seems that every month a new piece of plastic would come off one of the seats or somewhere inside that we couldn't get back on. Overall we have taken this car on many vacations and have never been stranded on the side of the road. It has a very comfortable ride, and we have been very happy owners."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Meets multiple needs in comfort"

Cons: "A big car for wife to drive but she likes it too."

"Bought new. A solid, dependable, safe vehicle. Used for around town plus long hauls between Canada and Florida. A great road car with comfort. No problems for 100,000 miles. Just had to have 4 wheel drive repair due to jammed transfer case actuator. Only used 4 wheel drive once (100ft.) that may have contributed to problem. It is a terrific tow vehicle but do need electric trailer brakes with heavy load. Replacing brakes first time at 102,000 miles. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. Wish GM had built them all this way. Would never have needed a bail-out."

dependable

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"My wife has driven our family to school for 8 years straight, about an hour round trip, this vehilce has now 184,000 miles on it and still keeps going, the only downside is the gas milelage is low but still way above previous suburbans that got 8 or 9 miles to gallon. Plenty of power and always dependable"

well worth the money

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "Space, driving comfort, security in bad weather"

Cons: "Don't buy if you want MPG, get a Prius"

"I purchased my 2002 Suburban LT new with almost every option. The leather seat starting to show wear and tear, and body starting to show some rust and paint peeling on rocker panels behind tires, but with 170,000+ miles, it's expected. I did all maintenance regularly (oil change, tire rotations, washing), had no engine or transmission issues, did 1 complete 100K maintenance (plugs, wires, all fluids in transmission, transfer case 4X4, rear end). Besides the expected items (brakes, tires, 1 set of wheel bearing in front, each side) no other issues. Would like to get another one, but really no longer need a larger SUV, as kids are in college and out of the house."

Overall a quality family vehicle.

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

"I purchased a 2005 Z71 new in July of 05. Currently has 108000 miles on it and is a great vehicle. In year 2 the fuel pump needed replacement under warranty. I have had no other issues until this past few months, which prompted me to write this review. My rear tailgate electronic actuator failed along w/ my master cylinder. These were not cheap to fix as both parts and labor was over $1200.00 dollars. This past week I was hearing a intermittent clunking under the car and could not figure out what is was. It was not constant, but was very loud and noticeable when happening. Took it to the shop and they said my universal joints were ready to fall out - replaced . Left shop and within 10 minutes the clunking was back. Returned to shop and I witnessed them test the brakes on the lift. They took off the rear drum and 2 pieces of the emergency brake fell on the floor. All four pads replaced for the first time. Chevy made some very good pads for this truck. In cloing if you ever here a clunk check your brakes."

Worth every penny

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"We bought the 2002 Suburban new and have had very few problems with it. It is 2 wheel drive and we live in the snow belt east of Cleveland Ohio. With good tires it will go anywhere on pavement. We litterally pushed snow with the front bumper for 3 hours coming across RT 80 in Pa during a bad snow storm and never had a problem. I have towed 10,000 lbs from Virginia to Ohio recently with it with no problem and the truck had 148,000 mile on it at the time. I have run nothing but synthetic oil in it and have changed the oil regularly every 5,000 miles with 156.000 mile and counting. The only complaint I have with the vehicle is that it eats back rotors I have put 4 sets on since new. The bottom of the doors are starting to get rusty and everything is brown underneath. This is due to the amount of salt used in the winter around here and the fact that I did not get it under coated and rust proofed when new. Yea the gas milage is not that good only avg around 16 city and 20 hi way, but it is a heavy vehicle with a big motor under the hood (5.3 ltr), which we expected when we bought it. This vehicle has served my family well for 7 years and I would recommend to anybody who needs haul people or tow thing with confidence."

Excellent SUV & Family Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"We now have 115K on our 2000 Suburban. Except for an A/C issue, the only thing we have done to it is new tires and a battery. We perform regular maintennance and don't drive it in to the ground. We still have the original brakes and belts! This vehicle has held up remarkably well and we would highly recommend it. We were hoping something major would go wrong with it in order to justify spending the money on the new body style. We might need to park this one and go get a new one anyways. The Suburban is an awesome vehicle for our large family, dog and trailer full of ATV's!!!!!!!!"

Best vehicle I have ever owened

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I bought this truck used for 17K. It's an LT with quad seats, leather, DVD, Sun roof, and more, it had 53K miles. We debated about buying it, but are so glad that we did. Its taken the 5 of us from the Outer Banks, NC to Seattle, WA to Calgary, AB and many places in between. It runs like a champ. We love road trips, and this is the best road trip vehicle for a family of 5. I've used it to tow cargo trailers, and its done great, even going over 12,000 ft. Fuel milage around town is about 14 mpg, and about 18 mpg on the road. I would do it all over again. We love our Suburban."

I am now a loyal Chevy SUV owner!

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"Purchased new and still looks and feels new! I love this SUV and everyone wants to borrow it so be warned if you buy one. I am amazed at the mechanical and aesthetic condition of this vehicle. Even the original tires lasted through the warranty period (everything did). I had a Tahoe before this one and loved it just as much. Drives like a dream. Easy to park and makes narrow turns. Roomy and comfortable inside. My next vehicle will be another Suburban or Tahoe! Greatest domestic SUV!"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years and not one problem. I hit a deer at about 50mph and it took it like a champ. No injuries and only minor damage to the grill and bumbper. Its like driving down the freeway in an amored vehicle that's protecting your familiy."

Vehicle has been dependable w/no serious problems.

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pros: "Great driving on long trips, comfortable."

Cons: "Gas mileage. Minor electrical problems."

"Purchased from a rental agency with 16000 miles. Brakes were bad but repaired under warranty. We use it on long trips: very comfortable, easy to drive long hours. Large carrying capacity: we load our mountain bikes inside along with luggage needed for 2 + week stays. Gas mileage not so good, 17+ m/g on trips, but better than our 1990 Suburban, 14 m/g on trips. Minor electrical problems that are difficult to fix (middle windows don't work, had one repairs but it didn't last). Vehicle often used for hunting elk in the Colorado mountains; good traction on Forest Service snow packed roads. Only used for towing a small utility trailer. Overall, very satisfied with this vehicle."

We love our Suburban!

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Still looks good."

Cons: "Easy on the pedal, well worth it."

"Runs great has lots of room the best and most reliable I have ever owned!"

Good mileage

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"I see many get gas mileage around 18 MPG on these. I own a 2001 1500 RWD, and when driving on the highway I normally get between 22 and 25 MPG. Just a stock 5.3 with no modifications."

The best vehicle that I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Great design, performance, comfort &reliability."

Cons: "Gas mileage is only 14 mpg"

"I highly recommend the Chevrolet Suburban for anyone who needs an full sized SUV. Everything about this vehicle has been perfect starting with its design and including everything in between to performance and reliability. It's shameful to see what the value service are offering for my truck's value. A mere 10% of what I paid new eleven years and 200,000 ago, but that's okay with me, because this vehicle is worth so much more than that and I will probably keep it til my days here are gone. It's that good! Congratulations Chevy for figuring it out."

nice truck,wish it was newer..

By on Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pros: "like a 4 dr.pickup with a cap"

"Fold down the rear seat and slide in 4x8 material and keep it dry.or set the third rear seat up and you have room for 9 passengers,and a dog..We get a combo mileage of 17mpg,witch is great for what it does, an 4x4 when u need it.."

Lasted along time, only minor hiccups

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, pulls well, looks great"

Cons: "MPG and Chinese replacement parts"

"Its not mine (parents) and i drive it everywhere. I have the dark blue one and it looks pretty nice. Over all a good vehicle, just trying not to put to much money into it as it is older now. MPG not best but is great for hauling people"