2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 756 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Excellent SUV & Family Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"We now have 115K on our 2000 Suburban. Except for an A/C issue, the only thing we have done to it is new tires and a battery. We perform regular maintennance and don't drive it in to the ground. We still have the original brakes and belts! This vehicle has held up remarkably well and we would highly recommend it. We were hoping something major would go wrong with it in order to justify spending the money on the new body style. We might need to park this one and go get a new one anyways. The Suburban is an awesome vehicle for our large family, dog and trailer full of ATV's!!!!!!!!"

Best vehicle I have ever owened

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I bought this truck used for 17K. It's an LT with quad seats, leather, DVD, Sun roof, and more, it had 53K miles. We debated about buying it, but are so glad that we did. Its taken the 5 of us from the Outer Banks, NC to Seattle, WA to Calgary, AB and many places in between. It runs like a champ. We love road trips, and this is the best road trip vehicle for a family of 5. I've used it to tow cargo trailers, and its done great, even going over 12,000 ft. Fuel milage around town is about 14 mpg, and about 18 mpg on the road. I would do it all over again. We love our Suburban."

I am now a loyal Chevy SUV owner!

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"Purchased new and still looks and feels new! I love this SUV and everyone wants to borrow it so be warned if you buy one. I am amazed at the mechanical and aesthetic condition of this vehicle. Even the original tires lasted through the warranty period (everything did). I had a Tahoe before this one and loved it just as much. Drives like a dream. Easy to park and makes narrow turns. Roomy and comfortable inside. My next vehicle will be another Suburban or Tahoe! Greatest domestic SUV!"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years and not one problem. I hit a deer at about 50mph and it took it like a champ. No injuries and only minor damage to the grill and bumbper. Its like driving down the freeway in an amored vehicle that's protecting your familiy."

Vehicle has been dependable w/no serious problems.

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pros: "Great driving on long trips, comfortable."

Cons: "Gas mileage. Minor electrical problems."

"Purchased from a rental agency with 16000 miles. Brakes were bad but repaired under warranty. We use it on long trips: very comfortable, easy to drive long hours. Large carrying capacity: we load our mountain bikes inside along with luggage needed for 2 + week stays. Gas mileage not so good, 17+ m/g on trips, but better than our 1990 Suburban, 14 m/g on trips. Minor electrical problems that are difficult to fix (middle windows don't work, had one repairs but it didn't last). Vehicle often used for hunting elk in the Colorado mountains; good traction on Forest Service snow packed roads. Only used for towing a small utility trailer. Overall, very satisfied with this vehicle."

We love our Suburban!

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Still looks good."

Cons: "Easy on the pedal, well worth it."

"Runs great has lots of room the best and most reliable I have ever owned!"

Good mileage

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"I see many get gas mileage around 18 MPG on these. I own a 2001 1500 RWD, and when driving on the highway I normally get between 22 and 25 MPG. Just a stock 5.3 with no modifications."

The best vehicle that I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Great design, performance, comfort &reliability."

Cons: "Gas mileage is only 14 mpg"

"I highly recommend the Chevrolet Suburban for anyone who needs an full sized SUV. Everything about this vehicle has been perfect starting with its design and including everything in between to performance and reliability. It's shameful to see what the value service are offering for my truck's value. A mere 10% of what I paid new eleven years and 200,000 ago, but that's okay with me, because this vehicle is worth so much more than that and I will probably keep it til my days here are gone. It's that good! Congratulations Chevy for figuring it out."

nice truck,wish it was newer..

By on Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pros: "like a 4 dr.pickup with a cap"

"Fold down the rear seat and slide in 4x8 material and keep it dry.or set the third rear seat up and you have room for 9 passengers,and a dog..We get a combo mileage of 17mpg,witch is great for what it does, an 4x4 when u need it.."

Lasted along time, only minor hiccups

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, pulls well, looks great"

Cons: "MPG and Chinese replacement parts"

"Its not mine (parents) and i drive it everywhere. I have the dark blue one and it looks pretty nice. Over all a good vehicle, just trying not to put to much money into it as it is older now. MPG not best but is great for hauling people"