2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 756 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

best vehicle ive ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "dependable tows well lots of room and fun to dri"

Cons: "paint on my dashboard is coming off in places"

"Grat vehicle ive replaced the ac compresser and a rear bearing other than that nothing. I just looked at the trade in value of 5000.00 lol not a chance you cant touch a vehicle as nice as this for no measily 5000 That just made me decide not to get a new vehicle ill keep my 2002 burb its more dependable than most new vehicles ive seen friends by thanks for helping me make up my mind"

Great Family Vehicle!

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable inside and driving"

Cons: "No smartphone connection; no smartphones in 2004.."

"I LOVE my Suburban! Although it's nearly 10 years old, it drives nicer and smoother than my husband's 2007 Tahoe. I can fit all my kids gear, groceries, car seats, etc in it and still have plenty of room for everyone. I haven't had any major issues with it. It's very reliable."

GREAT SUV would purchase another

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

"We have had this vechile for 11 years and it is GREAT..we have children and it has worked wonderful for us. I would purchase another one ..gas mileage is the only issue but 17 mpg is not bad with all that you get for the dollar. I would recommend to anyone.."

I LOVE MY BURB

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "Awesome vehicle all the way around"

Cons: "Expensive on fuel only due to high fuel prices."

"I have owned 4 of these wonderful vehicles. My first was an 88 and I beefed it up a bit for street racing. What a blast. This 2001 I just got is definitely the cats meow. I love everything about it. Nothing more to say!"

She goes ANYWHERE we want to go, every time.

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "Lots of cup holders, power points, & leg room."

Cons: "Back window gets dirty on rock roads."

"Seats 8 comfortably, leather, power everything!,push button 4WD on the run, Tow pkg,gets between 16 & 19 MPG depending on where & how far you're going. Security System. We love this beautiful red car, but need to upgrade to a newer model Suburban with the hatchback door with the windshield wiper. We live on rock roads and the back window gets dusty and it makes it difficult to see out the back window. We sold our van and Chevy Blazer and bought this SUV, and had the ideal combination in one vehicle, giving us less taxes, tags, & insurance. Very comfortable to travel in. Has a 327 engine."

WOW, best SUV ever made!

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Value, almost everything"

Cons: "A/C, Carpet durability"

"Best SUV ever made. I have owned 4 other Suburbans and they have all been awesome, Had and still have. It's been 3 years and only had to replace the Shocks, Brakes! Stranded me once, only because the battery ran out. Recommended!"

amazing

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Safety, Reliability, Room, Convenience,"

Cons: "Gas"

"I love my 2002 Chevy Suburban, I've always been a fan of Chevy and have always had good luck w/ their long lasting vehicles. The Suburban i currently own has no problems and I've only had to replace small cheap items over the years. The only down fall to owning an SUV is the gas which cost $100 every fill up but it also lasts me awhile especially on trips. This car is very comfortable and has good interior! I would surely recommend this vehicle to anyone because of safety and reliability!"

Great family vehicle

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

"Other than gas mileage I have no complaints. The suburban has been our favorite vehicle since we bought our first one 7 years ago."

Best SUV I have ever owned

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Maintenance free, great off road, very comfortable"

Cons: "Auto lights that blind people at boat launch/camp."

"No maintenance to 100k except front brakes, tires, and oil changes. Did 100k service and right side power window went out at 110k. $350 to have it fixed. Tows my boat with ease, does great in snow and off road. Interior has plenty of room for 8 people and room for bags, tents, strollers, etc.. Average MPG at 14-15, drops to 13-14 when towing. Same as my old Ford Explorer with a V6 that couldn't tow a thing and had half the interior room. I would buy this SUV again in an instant. Gets basically the same MPG as a Tahoe, Honda Pilot, or Nissan Armada and has more room and better towing than all of them."

Great for the family

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, comfortable"

Cons: "gas usage-but expected from a 6500 lb vehicle"

"I've owned this Suburban for 2 years and have only had to put minimal work into it. Great for long trips with my large family. Very comfortable and handles well for a truck. Would buy another any day"

Loved this vehicle!!

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

"I have had this vehicle for years and I love it! In spite of it having over 200,000 miles, I am not the least bit afraid of hopping in it today, and driving anywhere in this nation!! I have the Z71 4 wheel drive, and it runs and drives so good! This vehicle is comfortable enough for my whole family (there are 6 of us), and we have taken many vacations in it...all in comfort!! Would recommend this vehicle to anyone!!!"

Always wanted a suburban

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Carries almost anything with seats flat or removed"

Cons: "CD player on dash board gets hot in summer"

"I absolutely loved driving this SUV. Smooth ride, great for long trips, moving kid to college, transporting up to NINE people comfortably, camping, etc., etc... Unfortunately, I lived quite a bit closer to my former employer, so the gas mileage wasn't a big deal. Now, I have to drive quite a bit further now, and gas mileage is the only drawback to the comfort. Also, parking is "tricky", due to the length of this vehicle. You need to have quite a long radius to turn. All in all, I have really loved owning this vehicle, but time to move on to something smaller. No children or deliveries to tote around any more.... A couple of recalls (seat belt, emission sensor) no major mechanical issues. Just changed the oil every 3 months, and I could have probably driven it another 90K miles...."

Best, most reliable vehicle I have ever owned!!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "powerful, roomy, reliable, high quality"

Cons: "gas mileage (13 city / 18 hwy)"

"I purchased my 2002 Z71 Suburban brand new. We have driven it to TX, KY, FL, and MD (and all in between). We also pulled a 19ft boat on weekends and in our various moves. Did very well on sandy beaches"

Favorite car ever!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "luxury package, utilitarian."

Cons: "chips to replace "luxury"items costly"

2004 Chevrolet Suburban Z71. Great SUV with all the extras!

"This Suburban has been wonderful to own. I have never had any major issues with the suv and have enjoyed and used all of the various extras included. Truly everything I needed and more."

2004 Chevrolet Suburban Z71. Great SUV with all the extras!

Awesome Sub

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I feel safe driving this. I would buy another in a heartbeat. Very comfy to drive and travel in. Tows super. Has never left me down."

Awsome vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"This has beena great vehicle for our family don't need a new just want one. Got new transmission at 175,000 runs like it was brand new!! great Vehicle!!!!"

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"I have almost 200,000 miles on my Chevy Suburban. I have towed a travel trailer every summer without any trouble. The only negative experience is the fuel pump went out when I was on the freeway at rush hour. The fuel pump quits without warning. The repair was $1,100.00 at a Chevy dealer. I might have found a better price, but I was 50 miles from home."

Best Car

By on Sunday, May 10, 2009

"This '02 Suburban is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I've had it since '02 but am second owner. I Maintained it 100% and have never stopped loving it! Not like other cars I had new and started hating things within 6 months. I'd like a new model one day but I'm not sure a new one will turn out as good."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 26, 2009

"We have owned our Suburban since NEW. No real issues. Have over 60k and only item out of warranty has been u-joints. Holds everyhting possible. Wished the 3rd row seat was easier to fold and remove. Loaded with everything except Autoride. Mileage @ 70+ is 18mpg. One time got 21mpg. In town usually 15mpg. Not bad for eveything this thing can hall. Really well built and designed wish I could afford a BRAND NEW 2009! Would buy it in a Heart Beat!!!!!! Two bad winters with no 4 wheel drive and not a single problem, Stabilitrack works great."

Best I've owned

By on Monday, January 5, 2009

"This car is a beast. Never have any concerns about it. Towed with it cross country, and it never realised there was a trailer on it. This car is a winner!!"

Nice Truck

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"I have the LTZ that I bought to replace my 1999 model. Many improvements were made in handling and braking and I am very satisfied overall. I occasionally get a "service tire moninter" warning; Chevy changed the computer but it still happens so that is my only complaint. After 50,000 miles it still drives great and I don't plan to replace it anytime soon. I drove a new 2008 this year and I like my '05 better when it comes to comfort. I can't see trading it for the price difference. Gas milage is also reasoable; I average about 17 mpg which is great for a large vehicle."

A Quality Vehicle

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I have an 04 LT with everything except sunroof. It currently has 75,580 miles. This SUV has been very good to me. The only repairs have been to replace an HVAC valve, replace outside mirror lights and the seals for the back hatch due to rust. Otherwise it has only been normal maintenance items. I am still on the original brakes and still have 10k or more left on them. I would think about trading it in for a new one but I do not like the inside styling. They have taken away all the good little storage areas for the driver. Also, tehy have not added AC seats for the front like they have for the crossovers. I will continue to wait. Excellent vehicle and very reliable. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking."

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2008

my 2k Sub

By on Friday, January 4, 2008

"I luv this truk! I bought it used with 90k miles for about $18k. Its been the best INVESTMENT ever for my family of seven. Its beautiful, bright RED, peanut butter leather, all the toys, tv, cd, tape, heated everything (including mirrors) and tow pak. I love it. It has over 152k miles and I still drive it over my volvo s60 many days. Its great on gas (I get about 20-21 mpg on highway), city driving does take its toll on gas but i'm always on the highway. We shop a lot too, and with 5 kids we can load a vehicle at the grocery store or the mall everytime! it's been great having this truk, even with the luggage on top (in rack) we can fill the inside with TONS of STUFF! I absolutely love my truck. I just got an Acura MDX for my wife because she wanted something smaller to drive but for long trips we will always have a suburban, you just can't beat it. We've always been foreign car owners but I have really fallen for this American icon......Nothing beats my heavy Chevy...NOTHING!"

Love it-hate the gas mileage

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"We LOVE our suburban, 3rd one we have owned. Why can't Chevy make something that gets a least decent mileage? PUT A DIESEL IN IT. Tows like a dream, eats gas and is afraid to pass a gas station. Very comfy, roomy and lovely, shame we can only drive it one day a week due to the cost of gas. Machine in our mountains and snow."