2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 756 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Reliable good looking comfterable very good ride

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, safe, great looking."

Cons: "Gas is cheap right now- enjoy it while it lasts..."

"Great truck, If you keep up with maintenance, Especially trans flushes, and coolant flushes it will last you a long time. Always smooth and with the z71 pkg it looks great as well. Big lazy boy seats that are comfterable. My only real quam is that the main bass speaker is in the rear, its almost 6ft from me so its not very loud. I upgraded it now it sounds mint. Also, Change your fuel filters. Those KILL these trucks fuel pumps."

American steel at its best!

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "Value, utility, comfort, power, and safety."

Cons: "None."

"Burbs are smooth as butter, reliable, and never disappoint. This truck does it all. If you can't do it with this vehicle you probably shouldn't do it. We bought our 2004 LT in 2012 with only 46K for $15,900. It now has 115,000 and I'm sure will go to 215,000 with minimal repairs. The value and utility that it provides are unbeatable. Kids, pets, luggage, roof-top carrier, bike rack, trailers, home improvement materials, off-road adventures, snow, and the safety of burly American steel. Averaging 15 MPG in a 5500-pound vehicle with the cargo & passenger room of a small bus is not worth complaining about. This is the ultimate family vehicle, hands down!"

well worth the money

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "Space, driving comfort, security in bad weather"

Cons: "Don't buy if you want MPG, get a Prius"

"I purchased my 2002 Suburban LT new with almost every option. The leather seat starting to show wear and tear, and body starting to show some rust and paint peeling on rocker panels behind tires, but with 170,000+ miles, it's expected. I did all maintenance regularly (oil change, tire rotations, washing), had no engine or transmission issues, did 1 complete 100K maintenance (plugs, wires, all fluids in transmission, transfer case 4X4, rear end). Besides the expected items (brakes, tires, 1 set of wheel bearing in front, each side) no other issues. Would like to get another one, but really no longer need a larger SUV, as kids are in college and out of the house."

Overall a quality family vehicle.

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

"I purchased a 2005 Z71 new in July of 05. Currently has 108000 miles on it and is a great vehicle. In year 2 the fuel pump needed replacement under warranty. I have had no other issues until this past few months, which prompted me to write this review. My rear tailgate electronic actuator failed along w/ my master cylinder. These were not cheap to fix as both parts and labor was over $1200.00 dollars. This past week I was hearing a intermittent clunking under the car and could not figure out what is was. It was not constant, but was very loud and noticeable when happening. Took it to the shop and they said my universal joints were ready to fall out - replaced . Left shop and within 10 minutes the clunking was back. Returned to shop and I witnessed them test the brakes on the lift. They took off the rear drum and 2 pieces of the emergency brake fell on the floor. All four pads replaced for the first time. Chevy made some very good pads for this truck. In cloing if you ever here a clunk check your brakes."

Worth every penny

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"We bought the 2002 Suburban new and have had very few problems with it. It is 2 wheel drive and we live in the snow belt east of Cleveland Ohio. With good tires it will go anywhere on pavement. We litterally pushed snow with the front bumper for 3 hours coming across RT 80 in Pa during a bad snow storm and never had a problem. I have towed 10,000 lbs from Virginia to Ohio recently with it with no problem and the truck had 148,000 mile on it at the time. I have run nothing but synthetic oil in it and have changed the oil regularly every 5,000 miles with 156.000 mile and counting. The only complaint I have with the vehicle is that it eats back rotors I have put 4 sets on since new. The bottom of the doors are starting to get rusty and everything is brown underneath. This is due to the amount of salt used in the winter around here and the fact that I did not get it under coated and rust proofed when new. Yea the gas milage is not that good only avg around 16 city and 20 hi way, but it is a heavy vehicle with a big motor under the hood (5.3 ltr), which we expected when we bought it. This vehicle has served my family well for 7 years and I would recommend to anybody who needs haul people or tow thing with confidence."