2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 756 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Excellent SUV & Family Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"We now have 115K on our 2000 Suburban. Except for an A/C issue, the only thing we have done to it is new tires and a battery. We perform regular maintennance and don't drive it in to the ground. We still have the original brakes and belts! This vehicle has held up remarkably well and we would highly recommend it. We were hoping something major would go wrong with it in order to justify spending the money on the new body style. We might need to park this one and go get a new one anyways. The Suburban is an awesome vehicle for our large family, dog and trailer full of ATV's!!!!!!!!"

Best vehicle I have ever owened

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I bought this truck used for 17K. It's an LT with quad seats, leather, DVD, Sun roof, and more, it had 53K miles. We debated about buying it, but are so glad that we did. Its taken the 5 of us from the Outer Banks, NC to Seattle, WA to Calgary, AB and many places in between. It runs like a champ. We love road trips, and this is the best road trip vehicle for a family of 5. I've used it to tow cargo trailers, and its done great, even going over 12,000 ft. Fuel milage around town is about 14 mpg, and about 18 mpg on the road. I would do it all over again. We love our Suburban."

I am now a loyal Chevy SUV owner!

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"Purchased new and still looks and feels new! I love this SUV and everyone wants to borrow it so be warned if you buy one. I am amazed at the mechanical and aesthetic condition of this vehicle. Even the original tires lasted through the warranty period (everything did). I had a Tahoe before this one and loved it just as much. Drives like a dream. Easy to park and makes narrow turns. Roomy and comfortable inside. My next vehicle will be another Suburban or Tahoe! Greatest domestic SUV!"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years and not one problem. I hit a deer at about 50mph and it took it like a champ. No injuries and only minor damage to the grill and bumbper. Its like driving down the freeway in an amored vehicle that's protecting your familiy."

Vehicle has been dependable w/no serious problems.

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pros: "Great driving on long trips, comfortable."

Cons: "Gas mileage. Minor electrical problems."

"Purchased from a rental agency with 16000 miles. Brakes were bad but repaired under warranty. We use it on long trips: very comfortable, easy to drive long hours. Large carrying capacity: we load our mountain bikes inside along with luggage needed for 2 + week stays. Gas mileage not so good, 17+ m/g on trips, but better than our 1990 Suburban, 14 m/g on trips. Minor electrical problems that are difficult to fix (middle windows don't work, had one repairs but it didn't last). Vehicle often used for hunting elk in the Colorado mountains; good traction on Forest Service snow packed roads. Only used for towing a small utility trailer. Overall, very satisfied with this vehicle."