1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 446 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

indestructable

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"235000 on eng&trans, stiil runs good and looks good,19 city,24 highway, yes that is correct,after market parts work better.anything is possiable.luv my sub"

I LOVE IT!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "spacious, fun to drive, big, can carry a lot"

Cons: "Gas mileage, tires get pricey since its a truck"

"I love my 1999 Chevy Suburban! The gas sucks, but it never lets me down! Its a must have for anyone and any family. It's spacious, which I love. I recommend this car to anyone!"

Very versatile

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This trucks are great, they are very reliable, very comfortable, and super versatile. Think of it as a crew cab Pick Up with a camper. You can carry 8 adults in great comfort plus everybody's stuff, or take out the third row seat ( carefully as it is heavy ) and you can fit 4X8 plywood sheets, 2X4's, etc, even in the rain without getting wet. You can also tow a lot ( up to 7000 lbs ) with ease. And with it's big windows, it has great visibility and almost no blind spots. I definitely would recommend this trucks to any one."

great 4wd vehicle. tons of power

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "awesome off roading. lots of space. tons of powe"

Cons: "soft brake pedal feel. gas mileage."

"mine has the 7.4 454 in it. it moves a 7k pound vehicle like it weighs nothing. it rides extremely smooth for age, size and 3/4 ton status. it has tons of room on the inside. if you remove the third row and put down other seats it can hold full sheets of plywood and an other objects you can place in it. powersteering pump just went in mine. expected due to age and miles but not happy that the brakes work off the power steering. its bad enough losing power steering on this beast to find there is also no brakes. overall i love this thing. many trips over 1k miles. averages about 11 miles per gallon on highway. only lose about 1-2 miles a gallon during daily driving."

Still a great car

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pros: "Great family car. Or multi pet family :)"

Cons: "Parking is a problem if you can't drive a big car."

"I purchased this SUV used from a customer of mine. I love it still. People are amazed that I still get 18 mpg from a big boat like this. Maintenance has not been crazy, nothing major has gone wrong (knock wood) haha. Plenty of room, actually too much room now. Great turning base for a big car. Everything still works in it, like air (all 3), heat, seats, etc...."

One of the Best Vehicles owned to date

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Repairable, Comfortable, and Paid For..."

Cons: "Doesn't get 35 MPG, Doesn't have Cruise..."

It has Class.

"It just wants to go, mileage is 18+ and sometimes better on the road, less in higher elevations, comfortable, a few design flaws but overall the most reliable vehicle since my 1975 Suburban, tires were/are too small. Yet, a better ride than the 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer preceding it. The Suburban needs better seats, more attention to the little things, screws that fall out, foreign components shoddy in their manufacture to begin with. It Still Looks Good, Rides Great, is in Good Mechanical Condition and gets me there. That's as good as it gets... What hurts is that we know, they could do better."

It has Class.

Very Dependable

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "will tow 10,000lbs carry 9 adults comfortably"

Cons: "13 mph city"

"I bought mine 7yrs. ago two sets of tires one battery, and usual maintaning in all the years I,ve owned it. Yea the mileage is not high in the city 13mpg but highway 18.5 at 65mph with 42 gal. in tow 600 miles per tank. not too many stops for fuel. I expect to get 300,000 out of the original motor.gotta love the tried and true Chevy small block."

Great People Hauler

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I love this truck!! I upgraded my 1989 GMC Suburban to a 1999 Chevy Suburban and what a difference! It is so quiet and smooth, and gets twice the gas mileage as the old one. We just took it on a long trip, and if you can believe it, averaged 24mpg. I love the power of the Vortec 5.7L, and it is more than enough to pull my boat or enclosed trailer. People have said the interior is cheap, but I like it, and it feels much more put-together than a lot of other vehicles out there. Lots of nooks and crannys to stuff things in on a trip, and almost too many cup holders. My kids love the 3rd seat, and the rear AC and heat controls. We will be keeping this for a LONG time!"

Keep it simple

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"We have a 2wd 2500. Wanted a base model, but you can't find them unless you buy a fleet vehicle. Found a lightly used contractor's vehilcle. Vinyl floors & cloth seats, but power windows & locks. The engine & trans have been very reliable. It's a nice, strong tow vehicle. The only real complaint I have is that the power equipment (which I didn't really want anyway) has given us trouble since it was 5 years old. The power locks don't work on 2 of the doors & have had to repair 3 of the windows (1 has stuck twice). This is a great utility truck & has tons of kids, cargo and dog room. We do love it, just wish the 'no frills' trim levels were easier to find."

super truck

By on Friday, November 27, 2009

"I recently came across a '94 with some minor problems(minor radiator leak & tune up) for what i call dirt cheap. The owner(s)failed on basic mechanics and i won the prize! I will take the 10-13mpg in trade for the room, leather ,rear air, 4x4, and all the other neat toys this beast has. My wife and kids are happy for the room that all the minivans lack, and I just love this truck. I have been fed up with squeazing into a minivan for the past 10 yrs, and actually found a vehicle with true room for 8. I plan on keeping this till i can find a way to be buried in it years to come."

nice suburban

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"I really love this truck, i take it off road and it goes to home depot and a 4X8 piece of sheet rock fits in the back AND the doors close. The brakes are pretty pitiful for a truck this size but just put some powerstop cross drilled rotors on the front and it makes a big difference."

maybe I just got a lemon?

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Well my suburban looks great and when it is running, it runs terrific! However, I've only owned mine for a little over a year and have had to replace the motor once and the catalytic converter three times! The gas mileage is killing me, but it is great for long road trips with the family since we can pack many items, the three kids and the dog and still have leg room! Hoping now that so much work has been done, it will last a long time!"

The Suburban

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"I have always driven dodges, but this suburban was great. It was not a rocketship, but it was fun to drive. The last of the great trucks. I could take it anywhere since it was 4WD. 214k, only had to change an alternator, and a water pump."

My Beautiful Black Beast

By on Saturday, December 1, 2007

"This is the best overall vehicle I've ever owned in my life. This truck has the most room of any car or truck on the road. It ia also very stylish and comfort is second to none. I dont care if gas goes to ten dollars a gallon I will have to get a second job before I let my truck go."

Great

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"i have had mine for about a year and a half no....i got a great deal on it....i bought it with 56,500 miles on it.....its been pretty good to me...i've had some normal issues with it (water pump, tires, battery)....i love the room it has....provides plenty of room for my toys and to carry my daughters toys as well.......the towing power is great....i've pulled my dads 21 foot boat a few times and i didnt even know i was pulling anything......i've taken it on a couple of trips.....i got a little over 20mpg on the highway ('ve never checked it in the city)...and thats with setting the cruise control at 75 mph......and the tank size is awesome.....i drove from New Orleans LA to Tullahome TN (about an hour and a half before nashville)...it was a 500 mile drive and i only used half a tank....i would really love a new one.....i love the body style of the new 07's......one thing i dont like too much is the box shape....i like on the 2000 and up they started gettinga little more curves.......and the only major problem that i have has was with the Pass Lock System.......i added and after market viper alarm with remote start.....and the pass lock system kept getting set off....basicly it was thinking someone was trying to take my truck....since it was being started without a key...the security light would come on....and wouldnt start the next time i tried for about 30 minutes....but i found out a way to fix that and everything is great now....again i love suburbans and would definitly get another one."

First owner of the 2500 worked as advertised.

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Power/space/comfort outstanding."

Cons: "Bad breaks, small items fail/and fail again."

"First 5 years were great. Expected ware and tear started to show towing 8K lbs travel trailer. 2500 breaks never worked right after first year. Auto door and window silinoids and motors started failing in second year. Door will not lock via auto and windows don't roll up/down. Interior very good except for dash board knobs. Falling apart. Replaced air conditioner switch 3x's, made in mexico and it shows. Many parts made in mexico, OK, many more bad experiance. Tranny is outstanding, engine very good. Drive train very good. This was the only vehicle on market that met family needs. Would buy again if the only one on market. Mileage was as expected, low. Family of 5 comfort outstanding and will hold 6 adults on fishing trip very well with gear."

LOVE IT.

By on Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pros: "TONS of room, comfy, large engine room/ lights."

Cons: "TERRIBLE MPG, gauges failing, handles lossening."

"I got my '93 Suburban as a hand-me-down from my parents to drive. It's spacious, comfy, and is great for hauling equipment, trailers, friends, pretty much anything! Love it!! Except all of my gauges are going out...(gas gauge, odometer, speedometer, RPM...)"

GREAT VALUE, DEPENDABLE, TOWING BEAST!, POWERFUL

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "DEPENDIBILITY, ROOM, STABLE RIDE, BACK STORAGE."

Cons: "MPG IS 17-18 HIGHWAY."

"INTERIOR IS THE ONLY THING THAT SHOWS WEAR AND TEAR. THIS BEAST NEVER GAVE US ANY REAL PROBLEMS FOR ALL SEVEN AND ONE HALF YEARS THAT WE OWNED IT. SMALL PROBLEM WITH DRIVERS SIDE DOOR SWITCH PANEL. REPLACED, NOW NO PROBLEMS. ORIGINAL OWNER USED TO PULL HIS DRAGSTER ACROSS THE COUNTRY - FOR 115,000 MILES. WE PUT NEW CRATE MOTOR IN AT 150,000 MILES (FROM GM FOR $1,100.00 ONLY), AND HAVE PUT ON OVER 80,000 MILES TOWING, ETC. SO FAR. OIL ON DIPSTICK IS STILL PRETTY CLEAR RIGHT BEFORE REGULAR OIL CHANGES AT EACH 3500 MILES INTERVALS. VERY STABLE RIDE, GREAT FOR TRIPS WHETHER YOU HAVE 2 OCCUPANTS OR NINE - NINE OCCUPANTS STILL VERY COMFORTABLE. STORAGE IS GREAT. GREAT IN SNOW AND ICE AS WELL. I WILL PROBABLY KEEP FOREVER AS A THIRD VEHICLE BECAUSE IT TRAVELS ON TRIPS SO WELL. WE STILL LOVE IT!!!!"

I love my truck

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "comfort."

Cons: "gas prices"

"This is a very good truck if you have kid's I have 4 and there's alot of room for us plus thier friend's when they come along with us. I feel safe in this truck because it's big and not so high up off the ground it's just perfect. My truck has went to mexico and back 3 time's and I never had any trouble. The only thing Iam having trouble with now is the gas prices it cost me over $100.00 dollars to fill up the tank and it's just getting to costley for me so I may trade or sell my truck soon);"

bought my 1999 chevy suburban and love it!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive on trips"

Cons: "not the best fuel miliage"

"i bought it for 2500 and its everything i could ever ask for in a vehicle. chevy knows how to make a truck and suv. i also have a 1988 1500 scottsdale. i put over 500,000 miles on it before have to put a new transmission in. hoping the suburban is the same way"

This vehicle exceeded expectations!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, very safe in inclement weather; roomy"

Cons: "Difficult to negotiate in city...."

"I have owned this vehicle for two years, and have no issues other than normal wear / tear: exhaust replacement, and transfer case needed repair. Other than that, I have found that with careful driving, I haven't replaced brakes yet, and fuel mileage about 20mpg on highway, which was surprising, especially when fully loaded.. Does not use any oil between changes, no transmission problems at all.. Excellent vehicle for larger family - we have a family of 7!"

Has been the best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "roomy comfortable dependable"

Cons: "fuel cost"

"This is the best vehicle ever nice style and roomy inside. It is excellent for winter weather driving.The only down fall it has is the cost to drive around 15 miles per gallon. By far the comfort and reliability makes it worth it."

Sweet Vehicle

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "4 wheel drive excellent towing capacity"

Cons: "gas mileage,cost to fill gas tank"

"I love the suburban i just got it 3 months ago and it rocks the only thing that is bad is the gas mieage but what can you expect for a heavy suv, the 42 gallon tank is nice and it last awhile on the highway so its bice becasue i travel throughout the us so it will help, i go without filling up longer then my 4 door 4 cyl car i traded it for!!!"

I Love This Truck

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, safe."

Cons: "gas mileage.."

"This is a great vehicle if you can find one in good condition that has not been abused. The ride is very comfortable. Its very roomy inside.Its very versatile. You can haul a refrigerator in it if you need to. Great for 2 people camping . No tent needed. Just take out the back seat and sleep in it. The 4x4 goes just about anywhere..Gas mileage is poor (15MPG around town) but thats no surprise for a vehicle of this size. Other than that, it's great. I bought mine to be a hunting, camping, haul kids to school vehicle. For that, you can't beat it."

great dependable vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "spacious, and comfortable"

"I've enjoyed owning this vehicle. Even as old as it is, with the high milage that I have, it still rides like a car instead of a truck. Compared to all the other 4 door 4 wheel drive vehicles I'v owned it still gets some of the best gas milage for this type of vehicle."