1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 446 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

indestructable

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"235000 on eng&trans, stiil runs good and looks good,19 city,24 highway, yes that is correct,after market parts work better.anything is possiable.luv my sub"

I LOVE IT!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "spacious, fun to drive, big, can carry a lot"

Cons: "Gas mileage, tires get pricey since its a truck"

"I love my 1999 Chevy Suburban! The gas sucks, but it never lets me down! Its a must have for anyone and any family. It's spacious, which I love. I recommend this car to anyone!"

Very versatile

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This trucks are great, they are very reliable, very comfortable, and super versatile. Think of it as a crew cab Pick Up with a camper. You can carry 8 adults in great comfort plus everybody's stuff, or take out the third row seat ( carefully as it is heavy ) and you can fit 4X8 plywood sheets, 2X4's, etc, even in the rain without getting wet. You can also tow a lot ( up to 7000 lbs ) with ease. And with it's big windows, it has great visibility and almost no blind spots. I definitely would recommend this trucks to any one."

great 4wd vehicle. tons of power

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "awesome off roading. lots of space. tons of powe"

Cons: "soft brake pedal feel. gas mileage."

"mine has the 7.4 454 in it. it moves a 7k pound vehicle like it weighs nothing. it rides extremely smooth for age, size and 3/4 ton status. it has tons of room on the inside. if you remove the third row and put down other seats it can hold full sheets of plywood and an other objects you can place in it. powersteering pump just went in mine. expected due to age and miles but not happy that the brakes work off the power steering. its bad enough losing power steering on this beast to find there is also no brakes. overall i love this thing. many trips over 1k miles. averages about 11 miles per gallon on highway. only lose about 1-2 miles a gallon during daily driving."

Still a great car

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pros: "Great family car. Or multi pet family :)"

Cons: "Parking is a problem if you can't drive a big car."

"I purchased this SUV used from a customer of mine. I love it still. People are amazed that I still get 18 mpg from a big boat like this. Maintenance has not been crazy, nothing major has gone wrong (knock wood) haha. Plenty of room, actually too much room now. Great turning base for a big car. Everything still works in it, like air (all 3), heat, seats, etc...."

One of the Best Vehicles owned to date

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Repairable, Comfortable, and Paid For..."

Cons: "Doesn't get 35 MPG, Doesn't have Cruise..."

It has Class.

"It just wants to go, mileage is 18+ and sometimes better on the road, less in higher elevations, comfortable, a few design flaws but overall the most reliable vehicle since my 1975 Suburban, tires were/are too small. Yet, a better ride than the 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer preceding it. The Suburban needs better seats, more attention to the little things, screws that fall out, foreign components shoddy in their manufacture to begin with. It Still Looks Good, Rides Great, is in Good Mechanical Condition and gets me there. That's as good as it gets... What hurts is that we know, they could do better."

It has Class.

Very Dependable

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "will tow 10,000lbs carry 9 adults comfortably"

Cons: "13 mph city"

"I bought mine 7yrs. ago two sets of tires one battery, and usual maintaning in all the years I,ve owned it. Yea the mileage is not high in the city 13mpg but highway 18.5 at 65mph with 42 gal. in tow 600 miles per tank. not too many stops for fuel. I expect to get 300,000 out of the original motor.gotta love the tried and true Chevy small block."

Great People Hauler

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I love this truck!! I upgraded my 1989 GMC Suburban to a 1999 Chevy Suburban and what a difference! It is so quiet and smooth, and gets twice the gas mileage as the old one. We just took it on a long trip, and if you can believe it, averaged 24mpg. I love the power of the Vortec 5.7L, and it is more than enough to pull my boat or enclosed trailer. People have said the interior is cheap, but I like it, and it feels much more put-together than a lot of other vehicles out there. Lots of nooks and crannys to stuff things in on a trip, and almost too many cup holders. My kids love the 3rd seat, and the rear AC and heat controls. We will be keeping this for a LONG time!"

Keep it simple

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"We have a 2wd 2500. Wanted a base model, but you can't find them unless you buy a fleet vehicle. Found a lightly used contractor's vehilcle. Vinyl floors & cloth seats, but power windows & locks. The engine & trans have been very reliable. It's a nice, strong tow vehicle. The only real complaint I have is that the power equipment (which I didn't really want anyway) has given us trouble since it was 5 years old. The power locks don't work on 2 of the doors & have had to repair 3 of the windows (1 has stuck twice). This is a great utility truck & has tons of kids, cargo and dog room. We do love it, just wish the 'no frills' trim levels were easier to find."

super truck

By on Friday, November 27, 2009

"I recently came across a '94 with some minor problems(minor radiator leak & tune up) for what i call dirt cheap. The owner(s)failed on basic mechanics and i won the prize! I will take the 10-13mpg in trade for the room, leather ,rear air, 4x4, and all the other neat toys this beast has. My wife and kids are happy for the room that all the minivans lack, and I just love this truck. I have been fed up with squeazing into a minivan for the past 10 yrs, and actually found a vehicle with true room for 8. I plan on keeping this till i can find a way to be buried in it years to come."