1996 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 446 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

nice suburban

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"I really love this truck, i take it off road and it goes to home depot and a 4X8 piece of sheet rock fits in the back AND the doors close. The brakes are pretty pitiful for a truck this size but just put some powerstop cross drilled rotors on the front and it makes a big difference."

maybe I just got a lemon?

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Well my suburban looks great and when it is running, it runs terrific! However, I've only owned mine for a little over a year and have had to replace the motor once and the catalytic converter three times! The gas mileage is killing me, but it is great for long road trips with the family since we can pack many items, the three kids and the dog and still have leg room! Hoping now that so much work has been done, it will last a long time!"

The Suburban

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"I have always driven dodges, but this suburban was great. It was not a rocketship, but it was fun to drive. The last of the great trucks. I could take it anywhere since it was 4WD. 214k, only had to change an alternator, and a water pump."

My Beautiful Black Beast

By on Saturday, December 1, 2007

"This is the best overall vehicle I've ever owned in my life. This truck has the most room of any car or truck on the road. It ia also very stylish and comfort is second to none. I dont care if gas goes to ten dollars a gallon I will have to get a second job before I let my truck go."

Great

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"i have had mine for about a year and a half no....i got a great deal on it....i bought it with 56,500 miles on it.....its been pretty good to me...i've had some normal issues with it (water pump, tires, battery)....i love the room it has....provides plenty of room for my toys and to carry my daughters toys as well.......the towing power is great....i've pulled my dads 21 foot boat a few times and i didnt even know i was pulling anything......i've taken it on a couple of trips.....i got a little over 20mpg on the highway ('ve never checked it in the city)...and thats with setting the cruise control at 75 mph......and the tank size is awesome.....i drove from New Orleans LA to Tullahome TN (about an hour and a half before nashville)...it was a 500 mile drive and i only used half a tank....i would really love a new one.....i love the body style of the new 07's......one thing i dont like too much is the box shape....i like on the 2000 and up they started gettinga little more curves.......and the only major problem that i have has was with the Pass Lock System.......i added and after market viper alarm with remote start.....and the pass lock system kept getting set off....basicly it was thinking someone was trying to take my truck....since it was being started without a key...the security light would come on....and wouldnt start the next time i tried for about 30 minutes....but i found out a way to fix that and everything is great now....again i love suburbans and would definitly get another one."