ZIP code

1994 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 446 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

This vehicle exceeded expectations!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, very safe in inclement weather; roomy"

Cons: "Difficult to negotiate in city...."

"I have owned this vehicle for two years, and have no issues other than normal wear / tear: exhaust replacement, and transfer case needed repair. Other than that, I have found that with careful driving, I haven't replaced brakes yet, and fuel mileage about 20mpg on highway, which was surprising, especially when fully loaded.. Does not use any oil between changes, no transmission problems at all.. Excellent vehicle for larger family - we have a family of 7!"

Has been the best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "roomy comfortable dependable"

Cons: "fuel cost"

"This is the best vehicle ever nice style and roomy inside. It is excellent for winter weather driving.The only down fall it has is the cost to drive around 15 miles per gallon. By far the comfort and reliability makes it worth it."

Sweet Vehicle

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "4 wheel drive excellent towing capacity"

Cons: "gas mileage,cost to fill gas tank"

"I love the suburban i just got it 3 months ago and it rocks the only thing that is bad is the gas mieage but what can you expect for a heavy suv, the 42 gallon tank is nice and it last awhile on the highway so its bice becasue i travel throughout the us so it will help, i go without filling up longer then my 4 door 4 cyl car i traded it for!!!"

I Love This Truck

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, safe."

Cons: "gas mileage.."

"This is a great vehicle if you can find one in good condition that has not been abused. The ride is very comfortable. Its very roomy inside.Its very versatile. You can haul a refrigerator in it if you need to. Great for 2 people camping . No tent needed. Just take out the back seat and sleep in it. The 4x4 goes just about anywhere..Gas mileage is poor (15MPG around town) but thats no surprise for a vehicle of this size. Other than that, it's great. I bought mine to be a hunting, camping, haul kids to school vehicle. For that, you can't beat it."

great dependable vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "spacious, and comfortable"

"I've enjoyed owning this vehicle. Even as old as it is, with the high milage that I have, it still rides like a car instead of a truck. Compared to all the other 4 door 4 wheel drive vehicles I'v owned it still gets some of the best gas milage for this type of vehicle."

My juggernaut- unstoppable force, immovable object

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Security, Power, Cargo Room, Driving Range"

Cons: "corners like an aircraft carrier, 5 ton towing"

"Enough low end torque that I pulled a friends Dodge Ram out of a 3 1/2 ft deep creek at idle. It protected my family from two accidents where the Suburban was unharmed and the other cars were totaled. The second one my 3 year old asked "What was that noise?" because he barely felt the jolt. Unbelievable cargo volume, near 150 cubic feet, that is unrivaled by today's SUVs. The combination of 15.5 mpg city, 19-20 mpg on the highway, and a 42 gallon tank mean you are never left in desperate need of gas."

Loved it!!!!

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Stregnth, Safety, Dependable"

Cons: "higher gas usage than small car"

"Bought it with 33000 miles and have driven it until it was recently totaled in accident--not our fault. In a smaller vehicle that didnt have the structural streghth that the Suburbans do, my daughter would have been killed in this accident. Like it was, she walked away unharmed. This vehicle had very few problems over the years and was still dependable. My kids are grown now or I would only replace with another Suburban. I cant say enough how lucky she was that she was in the Surburban for this accident. We called it our Tank over the years and it lived up to its name."

Most trouble free vehicle

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Great vehicle now that we have Grandkids"

"We have owned this vehicle for over 6 years and short of a new battery two years ago and new tires at the same time. The only repairs I have had to do was repair the steering linkage-front end alinement. Even the wife loves it, says it makes her feel big."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "Good gas mileage on the highway, very comfortable, reliable."

Cons: "Hard to keep AC working"

"We bought this car in 2007, it had 125,000 miles and we used it for everything. We used it for family vacations and transported any where from 5-8 people very comfortably. We had to rebuild the transmission at 175,000 miles but that was the only major repair. It has been a nice car to own and we feel very comfortable selling it to the next person. We have used it for everything and it is a real workhorse. The only problem that we have had with it is a problem with the air conditioning working and have had it in several times to be fixed and it will work fine for a few weeks then stop. We have not been able to find the problem. I upgraded to a newer Suburban and plan on getting the same results from it as this one."

Wonderful vehicle

By on Monday, April 5, 2010

"We have had our 99 Suburban for 7 years. It is a very comfortable vehicle and is great if you have 3 kids and like to go camping. The heated seats are great in winter. 4x4 is great in winter also. Ours now has 156,000 miles on it and still drives wonderful. The only problem we have had is the fuel pump went out. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone."