1994 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 446 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Very Dependable

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "will tow 10,000lbs carry 9 adults comfortably"

Cons: "13 mph city"

"I bought mine 7yrs. ago two sets of tires one battery, and usual maintaning in all the years I,ve owned it. Yea the mileage is not high in the city 13mpg but highway 18.5 at 65mph with 42 gal. in tow 600 miles per tank. not too many stops for fuel. I expect to get 300,000 out of the original motor.gotta love the tried and true Chevy small block."

Great People Hauler

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I love this truck!! I upgraded my 1989 GMC Suburban to a 1999 Chevy Suburban and what a difference! It is so quiet and smooth, and gets twice the gas mileage as the old one. We just took it on a long trip, and if you can believe it, averaged 24mpg. I love the power of the Vortec 5.7L, and it is more than enough to pull my boat or enclosed trailer. People have said the interior is cheap, but I like it, and it feels much more put-together than a lot of other vehicles out there. Lots of nooks and crannys to stuff things in on a trip, and almost too many cup holders. My kids love the 3rd seat, and the rear AC and heat controls. We will be keeping this for a LONG time!"

Keep it simple

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"We have a 2wd 2500. Wanted a base model, but you can't find them unless you buy a fleet vehicle. Found a lightly used contractor's vehilcle. Vinyl floors & cloth seats, but power windows & locks. The engine & trans have been very reliable. It's a nice, strong tow vehicle. The only real complaint I have is that the power equipment (which I didn't really want anyway) has given us trouble since it was 5 years old. The power locks don't work on 2 of the doors & have had to repair 3 of the windows (1 has stuck twice). This is a great utility truck & has tons of kids, cargo and dog room. We do love it, just wish the 'no frills' trim levels were easier to find."

super truck

By on Friday, November 27, 2009

"I recently came across a '94 with some minor problems(minor radiator leak & tune up) for what i call dirt cheap. The owner(s)failed on basic mechanics and i won the prize! I will take the 10-13mpg in trade for the room, leather ,rear air, 4x4, and all the other neat toys this beast has. My wife and kids are happy for the room that all the minivans lack, and I just love this truck. I have been fed up with squeazing into a minivan for the past 10 yrs, and actually found a vehicle with true room for 8. I plan on keeping this till i can find a way to be buried in it years to come."

nice suburban

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"I really love this truck, i take it off road and it goes to home depot and a 4X8 piece of sheet rock fits in the back AND the doors close. The brakes are pretty pitiful for a truck this size but just put some powerstop cross drilled rotors on the front and it makes a big difference."

maybe I just got a lemon?

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Well my suburban looks great and when it is running, it runs terrific! However, I've only owned mine for a little over a year and have had to replace the motor once and the catalytic converter three times! The gas mileage is killing me, but it is great for long road trips with the family since we can pack many items, the three kids and the dog and still have leg room! Hoping now that so much work has been done, it will last a long time!"

The Suburban

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"I have always driven dodges, but this suburban was great. It was not a rocketship, but it was fun to drive. The last of the great trucks. I could take it anywhere since it was 4WD. 214k, only had to change an alternator, and a water pump."

My Beautiful Black Beast

By on Saturday, December 1, 2007

"This is the best overall vehicle I've ever owned in my life. This truck has the most room of any car or truck on the road. It ia also very stylish and comfort is second to none. I dont care if gas goes to ten dollars a gallon I will have to get a second job before I let my truck go."

Great

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"i have had mine for about a year and a half no....i got a great deal on it....i bought it with 56,500 miles on it.....its been pretty good to me...i've had some normal issues with it (water pump, tires, battery)....i love the room it has....provides plenty of room for my toys and to carry my daughters toys as well.......the towing power is great....i've pulled my dads 21 foot boat a few times and i didnt even know i was pulling anything......i've taken it on a couple of trips.....i got a little over 20mpg on the highway ('ve never checked it in the city)...and thats with setting the cruise control at 75 mph......and the tank size is awesome.....i drove from New Orleans LA to Tullahome TN (about an hour and a half before nashville)...it was a 500 mile drive and i only used half a tank....i would really love a new one.....i love the body style of the new 07's......one thing i dont like too much is the box shape....i like on the 2000 and up they started gettinga little more curves.......and the only major problem that i have has was with the Pass Lock System.......i added and after market viper alarm with remote start.....and the pass lock system kept getting set off....basicly it was thinking someone was trying to take my truck....since it was being started without a key...the security light would come on....and wouldnt start the next time i tried for about 30 minutes....but i found out a way to fix that and everything is great now....again i love suburbans and would definitly get another one."

great 4wd vehicle. tons of power

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "awesome off roading. lots of space. tons of powe"

Cons: "soft brake pedal feel. gas mileage."

"mine has the 7.4 454 in it. it moves a 7k pound vehicle like it weighs nothing. it rides extremely smooth for age, size and 3/4 ton status. it has tons of room on the inside. if you remove the third row and put down other seats it can hold full sheets of plywood and an other objects you can place in it. powersteering pump just went in mine. expected due to age and miles but not happy that the brakes work off the power steering. its bad enough losing power steering on this beast to find there is also no brakes. overall i love this thing. many trips over 1k miles. averages about 11 miles per gallon on highway. only lose about 1-2 miles a gallon during daily driving."