2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 755 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Since 1985

By on Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, style, appearance, etc, etc."

Cons: "Gas mileage can be rough!"

"I have owned Chevrolet SUV's since 1985. Two full-size Blazers, Two Tahoes and Three Suburbans. This 2003 is by far the best. It has 140k miles, I have replaced the obvious brakes and tires but other than that only one alternator and one water pump....top that Japan! I still get compliments on this vehicle after 10 years. I'd be shocked if I ever own a better vehicle and even more shocked if any company can build a better one!"

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"This is my 3rd Suburban. Had no choice really with 6 kids and a dog. I was lucky to find it with low miles since I'll need the size for quite a few more years. It rides smooth and quiet and actually has quite a bit of pick up for such a large vehicle. The seating is very comfortable and the cargo space ranks 2nd to none.It's mostly driven around town, but on our long trips the fuel consumption is better than expected."

Love, love, love my Suburban!

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pros: "Kid friendly, momma friendly, animal friendly!!!"

Cons: "No cons!"

"I haul three kids and their friends all over the place. Family trips add 3 dogs to the mix. Don't know how we would survive without our 'burb!! We will continue to have a Suburban for a long time!"

Road machine deluxe

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"120,000 miles no drips no leaks runs fine everyday starts everytime, lots of room much more than the chopped off Tahoes."

5 kids 3 dogs...Must Have Vehicle

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"Large family, dogs, stuff, live in rural iowa...no way a mini van could do what we need it to do. When gas was $4 a gallon, we still loved this SUV. Regular service, Amoco 87 octane gives us 15 city and 18 highway. Will replace with a newer suburban in 09."

best vehicle I've owned

By on Saturday, August 27, 2016

Pros: "bought new in 2001 but cheap since few repairs"

Cons: "never let the dealer do anything but prep it-"

"I'm 62 and had many cars I have a 2001 suburban with 271,000 miles I bought new The engine has never been touched I haven't had a repair in over 1 1/2 years I could probably get a couple of more years out of it but my wife wants a new car so I'll probably trade it in"

Best truck ever!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, reliabe"

Cons: "Gas but really not as bad as some say."

"I really can't say enough good things about this truck. Super reliable-comfie ride, handles great! I would buy another if I still needed all the passenger space. I hate to get rid of this one!"

Really love my Suburban, don't like the gas prices

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "Rides nice, dependable, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas Prices are high"

"My Chevy Surburban has been very dependable. It makes me wanna take a road trip every time I drive it on the freeway (; It's convient and very comfortable to drive (I love the big vehicals) Don't like the gas prices but $50 to $70 a week and I drive to and from work plus all my extra running each week so not to bad for such a big vehical. I would recommend having a small economy car but I love my Suburban. Me and my friend got our rides on the same day and I haven't had any problems outta mine!!! Thank God but her tahoe she hasn't been as lucky with."

Excellent vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride confort and space"

Cons: "GM needs a diesel version in the 1500 series"

"Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. I have a bad back and fybromyagia and this vehicle actually helps me drive better with those two physical issue."

My wife will not let me sell this car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, easy to drive."

Cons: "Not great on gas mileage."

"Overall this car has been pretty much trouble free and a nice vehicle to drive. My wife will not let me sell or trade it, even though I got her an Acura. It has been her favorite car of all time."

Really best vehicle I have owned.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "tough as nails."

Cons: "loves gas"

"The time has come to upgrade my beloved suburban. I bought this vehicle new and have driven it almost everywhere. It is comfortable, roomy, tough, and the reliability is unquestionable. As I look for a replacement I hope it will be half as good as the suburban has been."

Suprisingly VERY reliable family car

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, roomy and comfortable for 8 passengers"

Cons: "Plastic hardware always breaking, coming off"

"We purchased our 2006 Suburban new after owning Subarus and Toyotas in the past so were very hesitant, but needed a larger vehicle. We have now owned for over 5 years and have only had minimal repairs. The one compaint we have, that may be common for all Chevrolets, is the interior hardware. It seems that every month a new piece of plastic would come off one of the seats or somewhere inside that we couldn't get back on. Overall we have taken this car on many vacations and have never been stranded on the side of the road. It has a very comfortable ride, and we have been very happy owners."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Meets multiple needs in comfort"

Cons: "A big car for wife to drive but she likes it too."

"Bought new. A solid, dependable, safe vehicle. Used for around town plus long hauls between Canada and Florida. A great road car with comfort. No problems for 100,000 miles. Just had to have 4 wheel drive repair due to jammed transfer case actuator. Only used 4 wheel drive once (100ft.) that may have contributed to problem. It is a terrific tow vehicle but do need electric trailer brakes with heavy load. Replacing brakes first time at 102,000 miles. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. Wish GM had built them all this way. Would never have needed a bail-out."

dependable

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"My wife has driven our family to school for 8 years straight, about an hour round trip, this vehilce has now 184,000 miles on it and still keeps going, the only downside is the gas milelage is low but still way above previous suburbans that got 8 or 9 miles to gallon. Plenty of power and always dependable"

11 years and this vehicle is still great!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, comfortable, roomy,"

Cons: "rear seat quit folding up and console lid broke."

"This has been my daily driver since I bought it 11 years ago. It had 86,000 miles when I bought it and I have put over 100,000 miles on it. I have 6 kids and it was so comfortable for them. I have driven it on trips to Arizona, Utah, California, Colorado, and New Mexico. It has never let us down. The seat mechanisms didn't last and the console in the front broke. Other than that, minor repairs expected of any vehicle this age with this much wear and tear. If I needed a vehicle with this much room again, I would definitely buy! This has made us Chevy people! I had an explorer before and would absolutely never go that route again..."

Reliable good looking comfterable very good ride

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, safe, great looking."

Cons: "Gas is cheap right now- enjoy it while it lasts..."

"Great truck, If you keep up with maintenance, Especially trans flushes, and coolant flushes it will last you a long time. Always smooth and with the z71 pkg it looks great as well. Big lazy boy seats that are comfterable. My only real quam is that the main bass speaker is in the rear, its almost 6ft from me so its not very loud. I upgraded it now it sounds mint. Also, Change your fuel filters. Those KILL these trucks fuel pumps."

American steel at its best!

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "Value, utility, comfort, power, and safety."

Cons: "None."

"Burbs are smooth as butter, reliable, and never disappoint. This truck does it all. If you can't do it with this vehicle you probably shouldn't do it. We bought our 2004 LT in 2012 with only 46K for $15,900. It now has 115,000 and I'm sure will go to 215,000 with minimal repairs. The value and utility that it provides are unbeatable. Kids, pets, luggage, roof-top carrier, bike rack, trailers, home improvement materials, off-road adventures, snow, and the safety of burly American steel. Averaging 15 MPG in a 5500-pound vehicle with the cargo & passenger room of a small bus is not worth complaining about. This is the ultimate family vehicle, hands down!"

well worth the money

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "Space, driving comfort, security in bad weather"

Cons: "Don't buy if you want MPG, get a Prius"

"I purchased my 2002 Suburban LT new with almost every option. The leather seat starting to show wear and tear, and body starting to show some rust and paint peeling on rocker panels behind tires, but with 170,000+ miles, it's expected. I did all maintenance regularly (oil change, tire rotations, washing), had no engine or transmission issues, did 1 complete 100K maintenance (plugs, wires, all fluids in transmission, transfer case 4X4, rear end). Besides the expected items (brakes, tires, 1 set of wheel bearing in front, each side) no other issues. Would like to get another one, but really no longer need a larger SUV, as kids are in college and out of the house."

Overall a quality family vehicle.

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

"I purchased a 2005 Z71 new in July of 05. Currently has 108000 miles on it and is a great vehicle. In year 2 the fuel pump needed replacement under warranty. I have had no other issues until this past few months, which prompted me to write this review. My rear tailgate electronic actuator failed along w/ my master cylinder. These were not cheap to fix as both parts and labor was over $1200.00 dollars. This past week I was hearing a intermittent clunking under the car and could not figure out what is was. It was not constant, but was very loud and noticeable when happening. Took it to the shop and they said my universal joints were ready to fall out - replaced . Left shop and within 10 minutes the clunking was back. Returned to shop and I witnessed them test the brakes on the lift. They took off the rear drum and 2 pieces of the emergency brake fell on the floor. All four pads replaced for the first time. Chevy made some very good pads for this truck. In cloing if you ever here a clunk check your brakes."

Worth every penny

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"We bought the 2002 Suburban new and have had very few problems with it. It is 2 wheel drive and we live in the snow belt east of Cleveland Ohio. With good tires it will go anywhere on pavement. We litterally pushed snow with the front bumper for 3 hours coming across RT 80 in Pa during a bad snow storm and never had a problem. I have towed 10,000 lbs from Virginia to Ohio recently with it with no problem and the truck had 148,000 mile on it at the time. I have run nothing but synthetic oil in it and have changed the oil regularly every 5,000 miles with 156.000 mile and counting. The only complaint I have with the vehicle is that it eats back rotors I have put 4 sets on since new. The bottom of the doors are starting to get rusty and everything is brown underneath. This is due to the amount of salt used in the winter around here and the fact that I did not get it under coated and rust proofed when new. Yea the gas milage is not that good only avg around 16 city and 20 hi way, but it is a heavy vehicle with a big motor under the hood (5.3 ltr), which we expected when we bought it. This vehicle has served my family well for 7 years and I would recommend to anybody who needs haul people or tow thing with confidence."

Excellent SUV & Family Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"We now have 115K on our 2000 Suburban. Except for an A/C issue, the only thing we have done to it is new tires and a battery. We perform regular maintennance and don't drive it in to the ground. We still have the original brakes and belts! This vehicle has held up remarkably well and we would highly recommend it. We were hoping something major would go wrong with it in order to justify spending the money on the new body style. We might need to park this one and go get a new one anyways. The Suburban is an awesome vehicle for our large family, dog and trailer full of ATV's!!!!!!!!"

Best vehicle I have ever owened

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I bought this truck used for 17K. It's an LT with quad seats, leather, DVD, Sun roof, and more, it had 53K miles. We debated about buying it, but are so glad that we did. Its taken the 5 of us from the Outer Banks, NC to Seattle, WA to Calgary, AB and many places in between. It runs like a champ. We love road trips, and this is the best road trip vehicle for a family of 5. I've used it to tow cargo trailers, and its done great, even going over 12,000 ft. Fuel milage around town is about 14 mpg, and about 18 mpg on the road. I would do it all over again. We love our Suburban."

I am now a loyal Chevy SUV owner!

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"Purchased new and still looks and feels new! I love this SUV and everyone wants to borrow it so be warned if you buy one. I am amazed at the mechanical and aesthetic condition of this vehicle. Even the original tires lasted through the warranty period (everything did). I had a Tahoe before this one and loved it just as much. Drives like a dream. Easy to park and makes narrow turns. Roomy and comfortable inside. My next vehicle will be another Suburban or Tahoe! Greatest domestic SUV!"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years and not one problem. I hit a deer at about 50mph and it took it like a champ. No injuries and only minor damage to the grill and bumbper. Its like driving down the freeway in an amored vehicle that's protecting your familiy."

Vehicle has been dependable w/no serious problems.

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pros: "Great driving on long trips, comfortable."

Cons: "Gas mileage. Minor electrical problems."

"Purchased from a rental agency with 16000 miles. Brakes were bad but repaired under warranty. We use it on long trips: very comfortable, easy to drive long hours. Large carrying capacity: we load our mountain bikes inside along with luggage needed for 2 + week stays. Gas mileage not so good, 17+ m/g on trips, but better than our 1990 Suburban, 14 m/g on trips. Minor electrical problems that are difficult to fix (middle windows don't work, had one repairs but it didn't last). Vehicle often used for hunting elk in the Colorado mountains; good traction on Forest Service snow packed roads. Only used for towing a small utility trailer. Overall, very satisfied with this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals