2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 756 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Really best vehicle I have owned.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "tough as nails."

Cons: "loves gas"

"The time has come to upgrade my beloved suburban. I bought this vehicle new and have driven it almost everywhere. It is comfortable, roomy, tough, and the reliability is unquestionable. As I look for a replacement I hope it will be half as good as the suburban has been."

Suprisingly VERY reliable family car

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, roomy and comfortable for 8 passengers"

Cons: "Plastic hardware always breaking, coming off"

"We purchased our 2006 Suburban new after owning Subarus and Toyotas in the past so were very hesitant, but needed a larger vehicle. We have now owned for over 5 years and have only had minimal repairs. The one compaint we have, that may be common for all Chevrolets, is the interior hardware. It seems that every month a new piece of plastic would come off one of the seats or somewhere inside that we couldn't get back on. Overall we have taken this car on many vacations and have never been stranded on the side of the road. It has a very comfortable ride, and we have been very happy owners."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Meets multiple needs in comfort"

Cons: "A big car for wife to drive but she likes it too."

"Bought new. A solid, dependable, safe vehicle. Used for around town plus long hauls between Canada and Florida. A great road car with comfort. No problems for 100,000 miles. Just had to have 4 wheel drive repair due to jammed transfer case actuator. Only used 4 wheel drive once (100ft.) that may have contributed to problem. It is a terrific tow vehicle but do need electric trailer brakes with heavy load. Replacing brakes first time at 102,000 miles. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. Wish GM had built them all this way. Would never have needed a bail-out."

dependable

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"My wife has driven our family to school for 8 years straight, about an hour round trip, this vehilce has now 184,000 miles on it and still keeps going, the only downside is the gas milelage is low but still way above previous suburbans that got 8 or 9 miles to gallon. Plenty of power and always dependable"

11 years and this vehicle is still great!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, comfortable, roomy,"

Cons: "rear seat quit folding up and console lid broke."

"This has been my daily driver since I bought it 11 years ago. It had 86,000 miles when I bought it and I have put over 100,000 miles on it. I have 6 kids and it was so comfortable for them. I have driven it on trips to Arizona, Utah, California, Colorado, and New Mexico. It has never let us down. The seat mechanisms didn't last and the console in the front broke. Other than that, minor repairs expected of any vehicle this age with this much wear and tear. If I needed a vehicle with this much room again, I would definitely buy! This has made us Chevy people! I had an explorer before and would absolutely never go that route again..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals