1998 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 446 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

First owner of the 2500 worked as advertised.

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Power/space/comfort outstanding."

Cons: "Bad breaks, small items fail/and fail again."

"First 5 years were great. Expected ware and tear started to show towing 8K lbs travel trailer. 2500 breaks never worked right after first year. Auto door and window silinoids and motors started failing in second year. Door will not lock via auto and windows don't roll up/down. Interior very good except for dash board knobs. Falling apart. Replaced air conditioner switch 3x's, made in mexico and it shows. Many parts made in mexico, OK, many more bad experiance. Tranny is outstanding, engine very good. Drive train very good. This was the only vehicle on market that met family needs. Would buy again if the only one on market. Mileage was as expected, low. Family of 5 comfort outstanding and will hold 6 adults on fishing trip very well with gear."

LOVE IT.

By on Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pros: "TONS of room, comfy, large engine room/ lights."

Cons: "TERRIBLE MPG, gauges failing, handles lossening."

"I got my '93 Suburban as a hand-me-down from my parents to drive. It's spacious, comfy, and is great for hauling equipment, trailers, friends, pretty much anything! Love it!! Except all of my gauges are going out...(gas gauge, odometer, speedometer, RPM...)"

GREAT VALUE, DEPENDABLE, TOWING BEAST!, POWERFUL

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "DEPENDIBILITY, ROOM, STABLE RIDE, BACK STORAGE."

Cons: "MPG IS 17-18 HIGHWAY."

"INTERIOR IS THE ONLY THING THAT SHOWS WEAR AND TEAR. THIS BEAST NEVER GAVE US ANY REAL PROBLEMS FOR ALL SEVEN AND ONE HALF YEARS THAT WE OWNED IT. SMALL PROBLEM WITH DRIVERS SIDE DOOR SWITCH PANEL. REPLACED, NOW NO PROBLEMS. ORIGINAL OWNER USED TO PULL HIS DRAGSTER ACROSS THE COUNTRY - FOR 115,000 MILES. WE PUT NEW CRATE MOTOR IN AT 150,000 MILES (FROM GM FOR $1,100.00 ONLY), AND HAVE PUT ON OVER 80,000 MILES TOWING, ETC. SO FAR. OIL ON DIPSTICK IS STILL PRETTY CLEAR RIGHT BEFORE REGULAR OIL CHANGES AT EACH 3500 MILES INTERVALS. VERY STABLE RIDE, GREAT FOR TRIPS WHETHER YOU HAVE 2 OCCUPANTS OR NINE - NINE OCCUPANTS STILL VERY COMFORTABLE. STORAGE IS GREAT. GREAT IN SNOW AND ICE AS WELL. I WILL PROBABLY KEEP FOREVER AS A THIRD VEHICLE BECAUSE IT TRAVELS ON TRIPS SO WELL. WE STILL LOVE IT!!!!"

I love my truck

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "comfort."

Cons: "gas prices"

"This is a very good truck if you have kid's I have 4 and there's alot of room for us plus thier friend's when they come along with us. I feel safe in this truck because it's big and not so high up off the ground it's just perfect. My truck has went to mexico and back 3 time's and I never had any trouble. The only thing Iam having trouble with now is the gas prices it cost me over $100.00 dollars to fill up the tank and it's just getting to costley for me so I may trade or sell my truck soon);"

bought my 1999 chevy suburban and love it!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive on trips"

Cons: "not the best fuel miliage"

"i bought it for 2500 and its everything i could ever ask for in a vehicle. chevy knows how to make a truck and suv. i also have a 1988 1500 scottsdale. i put over 500,000 miles on it before have to put a new transmission in. hoping the suburban is the same way"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals