2013 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

It's a great car

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

"The car is perfect but it's a13upgrade to 14"

The LTZ Turbo is a blast to drive!

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, sporty, fun to drive, great commuter"

Cons: "too small, tight squeeze with a car seat"

"Great gas saver but still sporty enough!"

Awesome car, Fun, Fast and excellent 40 plus MPG.

By on Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, great MPG, great fun to drive."

Cons: "Wish I had a center arm rest."

"Decided to sell my 2001 Jeep Cherokee because of fuel economy and started to do the research. I really wanted to stick with domestic so my search was narowed to the Chevy Sonic and the Ford Fiesta and I did not want to wait for the Dodge Dart. Drove the Fiesta and the Sonic and there was no comparison, the Chevy rode better, was quicker, quiet and very comfortable. My research led me to order a sedan LT with the 1.4 Turbo, six speed manual. We have now driven over 5000 miles with a combined fuel avearge of 40MPG since we bought the car. If you are in the market for a subcompact car you really need to check out the Sonic. This car has exceeded all of our expectations and for someone who had not owned a GM vehicle for years it has created a new confidence that we can build a car in Michigan, USA, that can compete with the best in the world. Nice job Chevrolet, and thanks to the Lake Orion workers who have built a world class car. Keep it up!"

Great car for fair price

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "safety, fun to drive"

Cons: "nothing, great for its class"

My orange Sonic 2LT sedan with automatic transmission and 1.8 engine at Julia Pfeiffer State Park in California

"I own an orange Sonic 2LT Sedan with automatic transmission and the 1.8 engine. I've driven it through the windy, mountainous roads of Highway 1 in California, been stuck in traffic in San Francisco, gone through country roads near San Jose, and been on a 150 mile straight trip with my Sonic. On the numerous hairpin turns of Highway 1, my Sonic stuck to the road like glue, even at 55mph. It delivered more-than-suitable amounts of power to charge uphill, and the brakes work wonders on the light vehicle going downhill, all while maintaining 33mpg on rugged terrain like that. Stuck in traffic, its engine is extremely quiet and there is absolutely no vibration. The seats are comfortable enough to sit in for copious amounts of time while waiting for red lights to finally change, once again, all while maintaining a cool 27mpg in traffic jams. On long trips, it really struts its stuff in comparison to other cars in its class. Its comfortable and reasonably spacious. I'm 6 feet tall, 170lbs and I don't even have the seat all the way back while i'm driving. I managed to fit 4 people, and their luggage for a plane trip, in this car with suitable leg room and comfort, 5 people might be stretching it though. I registered 39mpg on the highway. Now, the looks. As aforementioned, my Sonic is an orange sedan, so I'm going purely based off of its specific style and my personal opinion. I think the orange paint job really stands out on my Sonic. I also think the sedan looks better than other sedans in its category. Its a small car, but its headlights and front grill give it a mean, sporty look. Also, the all of the exterior lights on it are extremely bright. The interior is hard plastic, but it doesn't look or feel particularly bad. or cheap. The dash lights glow blue, and the gauges are all tubular and motorcycle-like. Overall, the front dash looks somewhat blank, and futuristic. The interior of my Sonic is cloth, and the black clashes well with the orange outside. The safety features on this car are quite vast. It has almost no blind spots, and it comes with 10 standard airbags. Fortunately, I've not experienced those airbags yet. Overall, it drives nicely, and has a lot of features for the price. It doesn't look half bad in the orange sedan option either. The controls are also very easy to become accustomed to. It also has a great price and fuel economy."

A lot of feature for a practical price

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great sound system/electronics"

Cons: "Seats stiff, not the most comfortable"

"The Chevrolet Sonic is a very affordable car with good gas mileage and numerous features in the LT model. While the interiors finishing is adequate albeit stiff, it does provide enough for a basic price. The car could use an additional 12V power supply/USB port for the back seat. Overall I would highly recommend this car in comparison to the Cruze that is fetching top dollar."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals