2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Best little hatchback ever

By on Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pros: "Great value, blast to drive"

Cons: "Center storage console"

"20 plus years driving SUVs test drove lots of small hatchbacks, fell in love with the RS Sonic. Bought new with 25 miles on it been cornering ever since."

Was great...for a year...

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Cute interior, Sporty Look"

Cons: "Not reliable, speakers don't sound great."

"I've had this car since it was new, it was great for the first year. I purchased it in January of 2014 (they let it go at a great price since it was a 2013 new still on the lot, which was the deciding factor). It is fun to drive and no recalls (thankfully). I will say that the manufacturer's tires are terrible, but once I replaced those all the rough riding and bad handling went away. The interior is really interesting and great and it holds up very well. The trunk is also very large which is nice. But about 2 months ago my check engine light came on. Thermostat issues and the warranty didn't cover it. That was a $380 repair bill. Now the remote start has stopped, again warranty won't repair it and that is a $500 repair and the same issue with the thermostat is back again. Now instead of another repair I am considering trading it in."

Nothing special

By on Friday, May 8, 2015

Pros: "Solid mechanically"

Cons: "doesnt have the options to compete"

"If you want a car that will start and get you from A to B, this is no problem. However, this car hardly competes with the Ford fiesta or Honda fit. It is mechanically sound, but should not be priced near the competing cars. It just doesn’t have the stock options. The Sonic would be a great car if you could beat them down on price, but as it stands, The Ford and Honda models have much more value for the price."

Great car, excellent gas mileage, no problems

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"I bought this car for my husband. It is an amazing little car. There are times I push nearly 50 miles per gallon. It fits 4 comfortably...5 is a little squished. I have had absolutely no problems with it at all. It handles well in all driving conditions. It has a lot of get up and go if you want it to."

Surprisinngly reliable and comfortable

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pros: "comes with lots of cool stuff (apps)"

Cons: "could be bigger/roomier."

"I just purchased my sonic on Wednesday. I have had it for a week and everyday, I find something else to celebrate about this vehicle. I test drove this car and was surprised with the information center, that's what first caught my attention, then it came with remote start and a back up camera standard. Second plus, leather interior and a full wide screen radio, on star, wifi, I mean the list goes on and on, and then I just found out that I have two years of scheduled maintenance on top of all that. I was sold. My only gripe is that I am a tall guy and it could have more leg room and be a bit more roomier. I do like the raised seat and telescope steering wheel, oh and I even got heated seats. WOW!! The ride is very smooth in city and on the highway, you already know that it is no gas guzzler, even with the turbo engine. I am very pleased with this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals