2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Great car, excellent gas mileage, no problems

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"I bought this car for my husband. It is an amazing little car. There are times I push nearly 50 miles per gallon. It fits 4 comfortably...5 is a little squished. I have had absolutely no problems with it at all. It handles well in all driving conditions. It has a lot of get up and go if you want it to."

Was great...for a year...

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Cute interior, Sporty Look"

Cons: "Not reliable, speakers don't sound great."

"I've had this car since it was new, it was great for the first year. I purchased it in January of 2014 (they let it go at a great price since it was a 2013 new still on the lot, which was the deciding factor). It is fun to drive and no recalls (thankfully). I will say that the manufacturer's tires are terrible, but once I replaced those all the rough riding and bad handling went away. The interior is really interesting and great and it holds up very well. The trunk is also very large which is nice. But about 2 months ago my check engine light came on. Thermostat issues and the warranty didn't cover it. That was a $380 repair bill. Now the remote start has stopped, again warranty won't repair it and that is a $500 repair and the same issue with the thermostat is back again. Now instead of another repair I am considering trading it in."

Nothing special

By on Friday, May 8, 2015

Pros: "Solid mechanically"

Cons: "doesnt have the options to compete"

"If you want a car that will start and get you from A to B, this is no problem. However, this car hardly competes with the Ford fiesta or Honda fit. It is mechanically sound, but should not be priced near the competing cars. It just doesn’t have the stock options. The Sonic would be a great car if you could beat them down on price, but as it stands, The Ford and Honda models have much more value for the price."

Surprisinngly reliable and comfortable

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pros: "comes with lots of cool stuff (apps)"

Cons: "could be bigger/roomier."

"I just purchased my sonic on Wednesday. I have had it for a week and everyday, I find something else to celebrate about this vehicle. I test drove this car and was surprised with the information center, that's what first caught my attention, then it came with remote start and a back up camera standard. Second plus, leather interior and a full wide screen radio, on star, wifi, I mean the list goes on and on, and then I just found out that I have two years of scheduled maintenance on top of all that. I was sold. My only gripe is that I am a tall guy and it could have more leg room and be a bit more roomier. I do like the raised seat and telescope steering wheel, oh and I even got heated seats. WOW!! The ride is very smooth in city and on the highway, you already know that it is no gas guzzler, even with the turbo engine. I am very pleased with this vehicle."

Looked at many small cars, and this was best.

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, style, power, driveability"

Cons: "Tiny gauge cluster; lacks engine temperature."

"Have not owned a Chevy since a 1960 model. Sonic is our most trouble-free car ever. Oil life (according to its sensor) could go 10,000 miles, but must be changed at least annually, to keep warranty valid. I wanted Union Built USA vehicle; note: this has about 50% Korean-made Parts. Top Crash Safety rated; 10 airbags. Great Hatchback styling appears to be a 2-door wagon; 4 adults fit just fine. Has reasonable cargo space; privacy cover clips are flimsy (broke), but the cover works better if clips are actually removed! Amazing turbo power when needed, yet 1.4L engine gets over 50mpg highway. With 6 speed transmission, it occasionally hunts for a gear (when going from coast to accelerate). Gets best mileage over speed 42, as 6th gear is reached (overdrive?). Mileage falls with wind resistance, over speed 55mph. Takes corners like a race-car; is fine in 5- inch snow. LT model has virtually every accessory, including cruise, power windows, remote start, great speaker system. Thick pillars and the headrests obstruct most rearward vision, but dual-lens side-view mirrors help immensely. Just like our 2000 Ford Focus, a little warmed air comes through the heater/air conditioner system whenever the fan-only is turned on, and dial set to coolest."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals