2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

everything I hoped for

By on Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Pros: "efficient and fun"

Cons: "rear door limits rear seat ease"

"2016 Sonic hatch turbo delivered on what expected. Gas mileage in mid 30s. Turbo puts torque where you need it in powerband. Steering precise, ride supple, handling sharp, seat supportive and quiet road noise. I needed short car because of parking situation but do not feel deprived in this hatch-plenty of space inside. Proud it's made in USA!"

Love the Sonic

By on Saturday, June 25, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, economical, inexpensive, well equipe"

"The Sonic is great fun to drive and very economical. Also very user friendly. Easy to load cargo and roomy enough for 4 people comfortably. Has been very reliable. No need for any repairs; only oil changes. The car is everything we expected and more. We did recommend the car to another person who bought one and loves it as well."

My First Car

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Great Gas Mileage, Very Nimble."

Cons: "Engine not as PEP as other subs."

"When I got my license back on 5/27 i was looking at VARIOUS car's including this one. The Line up was the Mazda3,Focus,Rio and the Sonic. I Originally was Going to get the Mazda3 but then it was sold...but wasn't warranted by the Manufacturer. So it was a toss between the Rio and the Sonic since the Focus didn't get a GREAT Review by CR. So in the End I bought the Sonic..it's my First Car, it Rides well..VERY Good HANDLING, & Came with 3 months Free OnStar, which I will continue after the trial is over, and I even use the OnStar App for my iPhone. VERY Good Gas Mileage, although i Got the LS Auto with Power all EXCEPT Windows and no Cruise Control. VERY Nimble and Fun Car To Drive."

This is an amazing vehicle, so much fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "No sun roof in mine.."

"Love the manual transmission, very easy to learn on!"

Inexpensive, surprisingly refined, and thrifty!

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "Amazing refinement, great mileage, many toys."

Cons: "No diesel version avail. in US."

"2012 Chevy Sonic LT Hatckback, Bluetooth package, 5 speed manual, 1.8l non-turbo. I purchased this car new in Dec '11. After almost 30k miles, I still love it. Seats are comfy, interior is extremely quiet for an economy car, mileage has consistently exceeded the specs, and the only 2 little issues I've had were covered under warranty -- no questions asked. The steering and brakes are very responsive, and the stability control w/ good snow tires got me through snow and ice that I probably shouldn't have been in without issue. There's plenty of space, Phone syncs nicely with the bluetooth, dual glove boxes (one for phone or other with usb port and aux port), trunk is bigger than it looks, and back doors are easy to get kids/dogs/cargo into. My one complaint is the dual mass flywheel, it's SO heavy. Yes, it helps noobs learn to drive stick, and yes, it makes the car smooth and vibration free, but it diminishes the amount of hoonage possible... :) It has so many features for a car that I paid less than $16k for... You really NEED to at least test drive one if you're shopping for an economy car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals