2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Quick acceleration, and solid grip but lousy MPG!

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration"

Cons: "MPG, Resale Value"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

"I purchased this unit during March of 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 10,700 miles on from the get-go. I found the ride to be rather pleasant but also somewhat sporty! The noisy engine I found to be rather thrilling for my taste, as it somewhat resembles my 2011 v6 Camaro. This vehicle however, is much lighter and better balanced! My trim is the base LS automatic engine that comes with just the very basics and no outgoing bells & whistles. I didn't do much haggling with the price as they were at way under my price range for that year and model. Even though I’m not so happy with the Sonic’s MPG, as well as its resale value, I have to admit it was a great decision by far. I’m rather content overall with the purchase, and if given the chance again, I would certainly buy the Chevrolet Sonic a second or third time!"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

best ever

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, comfortable, good gas m"

Cons: "no dvd, bad gps app"

"I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CAR!! i purchased my car 4 months ago with 45,000 miles on it and i could not be happier. Car is so cute inside and out! everyone compliments it on how nice the interior is. runs great, only problem i had was having to replace the heating element on the drivers side 1 month in. Also the gas mileage is really good! $25 to fill the tank and lasts me along time...ill drive 60 miles on the highway and look down to see it JUST went down one gas notch. I could not be more happy with the car I picked...It is really fun to drive, i do not have any blind spots....for a small car it has plenty of front space and a decent amount of back space."

A Nice Little Car for the Price

By on Friday, September 5, 2014

"I bought this car because it is assembled in USA. My car is 2013 LTZ with 5 speed manual transmission, gas mileage is excellent, combine highway and city, 33.9 miles. I drove the car cross the country, it's given me a lot fun! The only thing is the clock synchronization is not working and the leather seats look like fake. Otherwise, it is a perfect car! Thanks GM!"

Great vehicle for the price!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, cup holder placement"

"Bought the LS Base Model Sonic for my daughter back in May. Immediately took it on vacation, putting 1,900 miles on it. Was pleasently surprised on it's comfort and handling. I have a bad back and have difficulty with long drives and the seats in the Sonic gave me no problem. Back seat comfort was adequate as well as the leg room. Gas mileage on the highway is fantastic. Only wish it had a bigger gas tank and cruise control. Only issue I have is with a defect in the paint on the hood; looks like a chemical stain underneath the clearcoat. Pointed out to the dealership two months ago and still waiting for a response."

2nd Sonic since 2013

By on Thursday, January 19, 2017

Pros: "Economy Style Comfort"

"I bought a 2013 Sonic LT Sedan with 8 miles on it. I fell in love with the styling. I put 54000 miles on it in 3 years. It never let me down. When it came time to trade in I didn't hesitate with a 2016 Sonic LT sedan. I was sold on the ease of owning one that I didn't look at anything else. I searched online for the best deal. I picked up my 2016 almost 3 years to the day of buying the 2013. The only extra I got was the Driver Confidence Package. This was the Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning. Outside of that it is exactly like the 2013. I got black for the color instead of gray. It shows the dirt sooner but other than that I love it 6 months in with only 7000 miles so far. It is a great value. Great comfort for a small car. Great gas mileage, 27.9 so far on average with 99% city/town driving. I have gotten up to 38 highway just going on the highway for under an hour so far. I love the styling and the lights are what sets it off from the rest of the pack. It isn't Generic looking and you know it's a Sonic from a good distance. Nothing else on the road can compare with the front end. It's what caught my eye in the first place. Looking forward to many years of faithful service from this one. I drive fewer miles now and I still love my car. I've tinted the windows added rain guards on the doors and am going to put fog lights on next. She's a beauty and I'm very happy with her. My dad always called his cars Betsy, but she is called Dasher. Just watch her go. No problem with getting on the highway with the 1.4 turbo. It may only have 138 HP but it feels like a whole lot more. Step on the gas and merging is not a problem. Great car all around."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals