2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

nice car really surprised

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "fair pricing ,fun2 drive ,excellent interior"

Cons: "cup holders,mpg ,"

"after owning a toyota yaris sedan that never got less than 34 mpg that got totaled in an accident i was on the hunt again for an economy car . toyota quit making the sedans and the hatchbacks just arent inviting to me i decided to test the chevy sonic cause i am a chevy fan except for one thing .thier fuel mpg testing must be on pikes peak going downhill or in a vacuum chamber somewhere cause they never get what they say they will. i havnt had the car long and driving it gently hwy mileage has been about 27 to 29 at best which its not broke in yet so im hoping it gets better. besides that i love it .it looks great it does have some pep if needed. i have the 1.8 with auto trans i got the LT for cruise and upgraded sound and got the foglights and 16 "wheels. cup holders in center console are to far back but overall i am pleased if the mpg gets up a little more after break in ill call it a homerun for chevy. right now ill just call it a triple"

I love my car!!

By on Thursday, December 17, 2015

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Car drifts in bad weather"

"I love this car, the only thing I don't like about it is that it is so light....when I am driving in a storm or windy weather, I literally can feel my car drift, pretty scary sometimes bc I work night shifts lol but other than that I absolutely love it. I have had it since July of 2014. Great gas mileage"

SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great mpg, interior features"

Cons: "wheel well gap,"

"I bought this car purely on a test drive, with no intentions to buy a new car. I absolutely fell in love! The 1.4l turbo is the way to go however, and Im glad I got it. The power isn't massive, but its very peppy, handles incredibly well and the understeer doesn't control you in the tight turns. Would be an awesome track car as well. Great on gas too! I run premium always, and have seen 45mpg highway, and usually am around 33 to 36 around town when driving like a law abiding citizen. Great car, a blast to drive."

Terrific Car

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, economical"

Cons: "only what you can see by looking -- e.g. small"

"Fun to drive & I've never had to do ANY repairs, not even warranty. 38 mpg combined highway & local."

Stylish, fun to drive, good gas mileage!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, good gas mileage, easy to load"

Cons: "No armrest for passenger"

"I've owned my Sonic since it was brand new. It now has over 32,000 miles on it. I love it just as much now as when I first bought it. Its a small car, and I don't expect more out of it than would be appropriate for this class of car. The car gets the best gas mileage at 55 mph; I can get 41-43 mph driving 55. Driving 70-77, I drop down into the mid 30s. I don't drive enough just in town to tell you what it gets in town alone. Its peppy. The transmission does take some getting used to. It is a little hard shifting. Compared to some small cars I've had before, where you had to get out and push them up hills, this car is in a class by itself. A trip through some good hills up and down last weekend, and had no problems keeping up and passing other cars. Love my car. Will buy another one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals