2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2012 - 2018 models.

Amazing vehicle. I love it!

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, stylish, great gas mileage"

Cons: "would like leather seats and sun roof"

"This car gets amazing gas mileage. The inside is very nice and comfortable. The trunk is shocking; it is huge! I love that you can use Bluetooth and you can sync your Mp3 to it. If you are looking for a great car, go for the Sonic!"

Beats the Competition

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliability, interior space"

Cons: "not enough pedal space for big footed people"

"This is an excellent car for the money. People who complain about the gas mileage in comparison to other sub compacts need to remember that the Sonic blows the others away in engine power and acceleration. It also drives more substantial than the others because it is somewhat heavier."

Great, but I don't love it

By on Friday, August 5, 2016

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, roomy trunk"

Cons: "Radio touch-panel, digital speedometer, Onstar"

"This car (2016-LT Sedan, 5-sp)does everything I wanted. It has more trunk length than similar cars for transporting my RC planes. The seats are comfortable on a long trip, it rides well, and is quiet. I find that I need to watch the tachometer more when shifting than other cars, because the car is quieter. The things I don't love are things I wouldn't have noticed before driving it a while. The digital-only speedometer display is not as useful as an analog display, because you can't see it "move." I see that they are changing back to analog for 2017. The touch-panel display for the radio is a distraction while driving. There are buttons on the steering wheel to change the volume, but not to change radio stations. You have to take your eyes off the road to find the places on the screen to touch. You can't reach and push buttons by feel. I tried the Onstar services while it was free. We have pushed the SOS button a few times by accident while adjusting the mirror. It was useful to connect a laptop to wifi while driving on a trip. But I find the online data not organized in a way to help me use it. It is data-heavy, and requires lots of clicking. It does not give digestible summary displays. For example, it gives a driver "score," but this score does not take into account my MPG, which to me is primarily important. I made a one-mile trip yesterday, and I got a 0 for my daily driving score because a car drove in front of me in a parking lot, and I had to hit the brakes hard. I can even see online on a map exactly where this happened. The driving score seems to primarily be based on hard braking per mile. Because Onstar does not state the actual formula used, the score is not meaningful to me. I also find that the Onstar calculated MPG is higher than actual. I keep a logbook of every gas fill-up, and my true overall average MPG for the month was 31.0 MPG. This is right where I expect, as the stated MPG is 26 city, 35 highway, and 30 overall. Onstar reports 37 MPG average for the same period. This might be a bug in their software, as that was my peak MPG on a trip during that period. Conclusion: the car does great at what I bought it for. My gripes are mostly with the radio interface and the Onstar subscription that I will let expire, anyway."

It's a great car

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

"The car is perfect but it's a13upgrade to 14"

The LTZ Turbo is a blast to drive!

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, sporty, fun to drive, great commuter"

Cons: "too small, tight squeeze with a car seat"

"Great gas saver but still sporty enough!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Sonic near Honolulu. See local deals