2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I like the truck overall and it has way more power than ford and the alison trans. the feature were that you can shift it yourself is very good for trailering. Also the tow haul mode holds back very well. Over well the truck is great!"

This is an awesome truck.

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"This truck is a pleasure to drive and will haul all day long. We purchased this for towing our Fifth Wheel RV. It does this with no hesitation. It is a comfortable ride. The diesel engine is very quiet compared to some and very little odor when running."

fuel hog

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"This is the second diesel chevy i have owned i traded a 03 for this 07 classic. To date it has proved to be the worst truck deal i have made. It was easy to get 18 to 21 mpg in the 03 and the 07 is lucky to get 14. don't get me wrong the 07 out preforms the 02. But when you add up the loss of fuel econmy and the rising cost of diesel it is about to run me into the poor house. The problems i have had have been minor."

dependable dependable.

By on Sunday, November 30, 2008

"We have 4 of these duramax, allison trans trucks.We have had no problem with any of these trucks. 3 of the 4 trucks never have returned to the shop for anything except routine maintenance. The power is amazing. The diesel engine really shines for farm work where there is a lot of idling. The fuel milage is easily double that of the gas engine under these conditions. I will be hard to talk out of buying a duramax for my next truck."

Powerfull, dependable, economical for large truck

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, powerful, comfortable, every option"

"I use this vehicle for every day driving and for pulling a 5th wheel. It delivers all the power needed, even through the Rocky Mountains. The ride is comfortable. Has been very dependable. My only negative is that I have been driving for 50 years and this is the only vehicle that I ever replaced a wheel bearing, it appears the bearings are not sized properly."

5 months and 18,000 miles I still love this truck

By on Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pros: "more power than you will ever need"

Cons: "I got the CCLB so it's a long truck"

"I tow though the mountains in Colorado all the time and this truck is great towing up the hills and even better going down them. I can set the cruise at 65mph and it will stay between 60 and 70mph going up and down the mountains on I70. This truck is one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever had."

Fantastic truck! N0 problems in 7 years!!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Fuel, comfort, ability to tow!, OnStar, Sirius."

Cons: "Reading speedometer in bright daylight."

"Great for pulling trailers. No Machanical issues except that I had to replace the batteries at 4 years and I'm on my second set of tires. Very comfortable to drive, no diesel soot to wash off trailer after a cross country drive and its quite compaired to other diesels...no more birds at traffic lights."

Best Money You Can Spend

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "More power then You'll ever need"

Cons: "None so far"

"This is my 3rd dually, first one a 2005 Dodge with the 5.9L. Great engine, poor drivetrain. 2nd a 2008 Chevy 6.6L.This truck would pull a coal train but got poor mileage. Traded it for a 2011 Chevy 2500 with the 6.0L Loved the lower payments but the constant downshifting drove me crazy when towing. Just bought the new 2012 Chevy LTZ with the 6.6L After breaking it in hooked a 30' trailer with 17 round bales weighing about a thousand pounds a piece to it. Hay and trailer weight around 23,000 pounds. The Duramax pulled this load 150 miles at 65 MPH. The exhaust brake helped alot slowing the load down. This truck could have pulled another 10,000 pounds with no problem. The 2012 in my opinion is the best produced in resent years. I love this truck!"

Good truck. Nothing fancy.

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "No frills work truck. Very quiet smooth diesel."

Cons: "Wish it had more towing capacity."

"Compared with the Fords and Rams, the Chevy 3500 HD dually is plain vanilla. Doesn't have the styling of either one of those, but I use this strictly as a hauling and towing vehicle. No King Ranch or Big Horn fur-fru appointments. Where this truck really outshines the others is in the Isuzu-made diesel engine. It's smooth, very quiet and powerful. I routinely haul 20k plus trailer loads and whlie Im pushing the limits of what it can handle - and it feels like it - this truck chugs along as it should. The Fords and Rams have rattle box diesels by comparison. If you like that sound, get one of those. This is my second 3500HD diesel from Chevy and Ive had zero mechanical or electrical problems. But the paint is peeling in a couple of places....not real bad but annoying and the dealer acted like he was doing me a favor by fixing it - within the warrantee period. Sometimes I look at the new 1 ton trucks by Ford and Ram because they have much higher towing capacity than my 2011, but they run almost 70k ! Ouch. Unless I come into some $ or this truck starts crapping out, its a keeper."

Great truck. Zero problems.

By on Sunday, March 12, 2017

Pros: "Strong and reliable"

Cons: "Slight rust on frame/undercarriage"

"Bought this truck new. Always hauls or tows something. Has been across the US twice and given zero problems. Now has some surface rust on the frame, but not bad for living in high corrosion state. Only things I wish it had are some of the convenience features offered in the newer trucks."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals