2011 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Powerfull, dependable, economical for large truck

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, powerful, comfortable, every option"

"I use this vehicle for every day driving and for pulling a 5th wheel. It delivers all the power needed, even through the Rocky Mountains. The ride is comfortable. Has been very dependable. My only negative is that I have been driving for 50 years and this is the only vehicle that I ever replaced a wheel bearing, it appears the bearings are not sized properly."

Fantastic truck! N0 problems in 7 years!!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Fuel, comfort, ability to tow!, OnStar, Sirius."

Cons: "Reading speedometer in bright daylight."

"Great for pulling trailers. No Machanical issues except that I had to replace the batteries at 4 years and I'm on my second set of tires. Very comfortable to drive, no diesel soot to wash off trailer after a cross country drive and its quite compaired to other diesels...no more birds at traffic lights."

Best Money You Can Spend

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "More power then You'll ever need"

Cons: "None so far"

"This is my 3rd dually, first one a 2005 Dodge with the 5.9L. Great engine, poor drivetrain. 2nd a 2008 Chevy 6.6L.This truck would pull a coal train but got poor mileage. Traded it for a 2011 Chevy 2500 with the 6.0L Loved the lower payments but the constant downshifting drove me crazy when towing. Just bought the new 2012 Chevy LTZ with the 6.6L After breaking it in hooked a 30' trailer with 17 round bales weighing about a thousand pounds a piece to it. Hay and trailer weight around 23,000 pounds. The Duramax pulled this load 150 miles at 65 MPH. The exhaust brake helped alot slowing the load down. This truck could have pulled another 10,000 pounds with no problem. The 2012 in my opinion is the best produced in resent years. I love this truck!"

Good truck. Nothing fancy.

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "No frills work truck. Very quiet smooth diesel."

Cons: "Wish it had more towing capacity."

"Compared with the Fords and Rams, the Chevy 3500 HD dually is plain vanilla. Doesn't have the styling of either one of those, but I use this strictly as a hauling and towing vehicle. No King Ranch or Big Horn fur-fru appointments. Where this truck really outshines the others is in the Isuzu-made diesel engine. It's smooth, very quiet and powerful. I routinely haul 20k plus trailer loads and whlie Im pushing the limits of what it can handle - and it feels like it - this truck chugs along as it should. The Fords and Rams have rattle box diesels by comparison. If you like that sound, get one of those. This is my second 3500HD diesel from Chevy and Ive had zero mechanical or electrical problems. But the paint is peeling in a couple of places....not real bad but annoying and the dealer acted like he was doing me a favor by fixing it - within the warrantee period. Sometimes I look at the new 1 ton trucks by Ford and Ram because they have much higher towing capacity than my 2011, but they run almost 70k ! Ouch. Unless I come into some $ or this truck starts crapping out, its a keeper."

Great truck

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

"I pull heavy loads with this truck weekly (dump trailer and 25' gooseneck flat bed). The truck has been extremely reliable and is comfortable to drive. Great off road and on road. Great truck for contractors."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals