2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

6 problems after owning it for only 1 month!!!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Smooth engine, looks great, nice to have a 100k warrnty...looks like I'll need it."

Cons: "Cheap interior, very little storage, engine is slugish, terrible handling, rides like a rock"

"I'm VERY disappointed! This truck has had everything from oil leaks to a bad door mechanism, a transmission that likes to go thud, clunk and shutter to brakes that don't apply evenly and that like to drag after you let go of the brake pedal... Now I have a new problem with my tailgate not wanting to lock! I have never had a vehicle this poorly made!! I'm happy my dealer is trying to fix the issues, but I can't understand how a vehicle this new and expensive could have so many defects in less than one month."

great truck has been very dependable

By on Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pros: "most depenable truck I've owned"

Cons: "needs a out side temperture gage"

"This is my work truck where during the harvest I pull over 20,000 pounds with it everyday for 2 months. I have the 6.0L engine and I am very pleased with it. I have owned Ford, Dodge, and Chevy diesels and I am not disapointed in what this engine will do. I have pulled trailers up some of the steeps hills on the interstate without needing anymore power. With the cost of buying and maintaing a diesel truck we as a company are using these trucks and they have been great. The company bought two new Dodge Diesel trucks this year and in under a year spent almost $10,000 each in repairs. Our gas Chevy trucks have not been in the shop. The new EPA requirements on the diesels are to much for them. We could not keep a clean fuel filter in them and when they get dirty at 2000 milles or less the fuel range drops to below 10 miles per gallon. However with my gas engine I have over 88,000 miles on it during my first year driving it and no problems. Just change the oil and go. I would of given it all 9's if it came with a out side temperture gage and a softer ride when empty."

Solid truck but....

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "power, great driving experience."

Cons: "doesnt come with the allison tranny, over priced"

"Love the truck, it rides good, the power is great (definitely chip it, its night and day in performance) the only thing I dont like is that the transmission seems to slip sometimes and ive had something fixed on the tranny (power tran warranty covered it but still). Took it off roading hard in the desert did great but I hate that it doesnt have the differential lock, really effects the trucks ability (planning to get it installed)Solid motor, great power, love how the truck rides, very solid frame, sturdy. I loaded a crate of cynder blocks (4000lbs) the truck carried it with out a problem and with ease!"

Great truck. I love it in every way.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "fully loaded - plush, tows great, very comfortable"

Cons: "price new was a little steep"

"We tow our horses with this truck all the time on long trips and short. It always feels well anchored, far better than my 1/2 ton pickup. It has always been reliable, and even when the trailer brake failed, the truck was able to handle all of the braking comfortably enough. The Allison trans was a big aid in that situation (even in mountainous driving). The only real problems we've had with it have been from the trailer brake problem which caused the truck's brakes to wear prematurely. the only thing I would change about it would be better fuel economy (we're getting around 14.5mpg while towing), which has decreased over time, but I think that's more because of falling fuel quality, rather than the truck."

Best truck I have owned out of 12

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Hardest working truck in the used truck market now"

Cons: "I wish I could afford a fleet of these"

"You need a highly reliable, hard working truck? This is it. 6.0L Gas - Wow! an engine and drive train that the owner can actually maintain at his home garage. Over 100k on this one and hooks up to my 24ft gooseneck to pull a load of cattle up the hill today!"

Very happy with truck.

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Pleanty of Power; Great Reliability"

Cons: "Little bit stiff of a ride but its a 3/4 ton truck"

"Truck has been very reliable; Duramax motor and Allison trans. has plenty of towing power. I averaged around 16-17 mpg highway miles. Overall, I'm happy with the truck. According to Kelley Blue Book it has really held its value."

Endless brake and power steering fluid leaks

By on Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pros: "People like the way it looks."

Cons: "Too many to list."

"My trucks power steering pump has been replaced twice, but my truck still leaks fluid. Dealer can't seem to fix the problem. The second problem has been very serious buildup and dripping around my brake reservoir, all around the master cylinder and fluid lines under the hood. It's started to drip on other important parts. The dealer said that this wasn't a serious issue. Are they for real? How can possibly spilling brake fluid on to wires, hoses, etc. not be a problem? Now my third problem has been growling/scuffing sounds coming from my brakes. The dealer made adjustments to the brakes, but that also has failed to do a thing. Finally... I believe I'm starting have front suspension issues. The right front clunks while turning and accelerating hard. I have not pointed this out to the dealer yet. If I wasn't forced to deal with these issues, I still would not buy this truck again. The engine doesn't feel all that powerful, throttle feels like it has a delay that can cause the truck to lunge under harder acceleration, I'm getting poorer mileage then my last GM truck and the interior design is shameful. The cheap interior has many rattles, the seating position is awkward, the controls are poorly designed, the upper glove box is small, it's hard to fit your hand in and out of the side pockets in the doors and the design of the hood release is a safety issue. Accidentally releasing the hood is way too easy."

Don't buy this vehicle.

By on Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pros: "Styling, comfortable seats, good brakes"

Cons: "Underpowered, handles very bad on rough roads, needs more storage, bad trans"

"The truck has little storage. Interior feels poorly made. 6.0L gas engine is underpowered, it's a joke. Gas mileage is okay on the highway, but is shockingly bad in the city. Handling is the worst of any of the American 3/4 ton trucks. And my truck's transmission has been very problematic."

Best truck i ever owned.

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive on open roads handeling is good"

Cons: "cost is a lot more than gas ,"

"The truck tows my 15,000 lbs fifth wheel in the mountains with no problems, Exhaust brake works flawlessly, Fuel economy is great for a heavy duty truck average on a trip to Florida was 20.7 mpg"

best truck ever will pull anything

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "dependable and strong"

Cons: "little things like lining peeling off door handles"

"great dependable truck with power to spare"

GREAT WORK HORSE!

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

"The LBZ has to be one of the greatest Duramax engines. Greatly improved on from the old LB7's. I have owned this truck for nearly 2 years with no issues. Around Town get 15 to 16 MPGs... HWY miles at 55 will get almost 21MPG.. Is Programed with Economy mode + extras."

This pick up truck is the best we have ever owned.

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

"Chev. 2007/4-wheel,w/manual capabilities is the best. We have leather with all amenities. Ride is great, seat choices, heat,bladder,movable, etc. I am looking at selling b/c my needs have changed.Towing has been a dream with this truck. All miles are highway and milage averages, trip=18+, short trips=15-16. Quite good for a 3/4 ton! We have always been so happy with it and would recommend it."

best truck out

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "power, style, comfort, convienience, quality"

Cons: "better stereo for LT"

"This truck is well built, handles any snowfall amount, hauls without moaning. Chevy Trucks, bet built most reliable on the planet"

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"I've owned both Chevy and Ford Diesels, I changed to gas because of the maintenance and repair on the DSL's. I love this truck, great pulling power and it doesn't break the bank."

So far so good.

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "Feels tough, great looks, good value."

Cons: "Rides kinda rough, interior is kinda cheap."

"Only thing I'm not like is the interior. Cheap plastics, not much storage, power window and lock controls are easy to bump, and it just looks kind of blah on the inside... But the truck feels solid overall, engine is smooth, extremely quiet and it's easily the best looking truck on the road IMO. Went from a Ford F250 to this because the Ford just let me down with quality and reliability issues. I'm hoping for the best from GM."

Nice but has some problems.

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "Looks nice on the outside, pulls very well, feels sturdy, MPG isn't too bad for a truck"

Cons: "Some quality problems, little storage, very jittery ride, hard to load the bed."

"The truck isn't as good as my last chevy. It has driveline and oil leak problems in just a couple of months and 7000 miles. Some parts of the interior are also cheap and don't fit very well. But the truck does feel strong and capable overall."

Almost good.

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Feels tough, looks good"

Cons: "Interior, brake problems, gas mileage"

"Gas mileage is just over 10 mpg in mixed driving, transmission temp is all over the place, engine clatter in warmer temps, I've already had issues with the brakes and GM needs to fire the people the designed the interior. The window controls are too easy to bump, you can accidentally catch the hood release by operating the parking brake, the headlight switch is poorly designed, and the interior is both cheap feeling and boring to look at...It's also amazing to see how much soot builds up on the tailpipe and rear bumper. If you didn't know it, you could be fooled in to thinking it was running an old diesel engine. But not everything's bad... A solid feel, great hauler, good stopping power, it's easily the the nicest look truck out there."

Great Truck, bad gas mileage

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "tank, Hard to get stuck in mud, comfy, awesome!"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

This is Strobie, my first truck. I love this truck but I hate the mpg!

"I have the 6.0L V8 4x4 Ext Cab with a programmer. Its a great truck, I've been in two wrecks with my truck and it hasn't totaled out yet! The thing is a tank! It hasn't failed me...... Except when it comes to gas mileage. My truck, nikenamed Strobie because it's a first responders truck/personal truck, gets 11 mpg. Its a great 3/4 ton truck but gas will kill you. But the towing power is remarkable! I've hooked up to a lowboy trailer with a 1 ton dually on it and my truck pulled it like it was a smartcar! It's an overall great truck, the only bad thing is the gas mileage."

This is Strobie, my first truck. I love this truck but I hate the mpg!

Great truck!!

By on Thursday, July 2, 2015

Pros: "Great payload. Love the engine braking feature"

Cons: "Speaker vibration"

"This vehicle was purchased for towing our travel trailer. 30ft/8000#. No complaints other than needing 4.10 gears. Truck has 3.73. My next purchase I will make only that change. Great truck, no issues thus far. Would recommend to anyone!"

recomends

By on Friday, February 27, 2009

"After 16,000 miles only one gripe, small "gas" tank. I wished i had known this before purchase. Empty highway mileage is good at 17.5-18.5 mpg. Add a trailer then at 11-12mpg fueling stops are too frequent. Needs 35 gal.tank. I have the short bed ext cab,2500hd. The only remedy for this is buy the LONG bed & long bed ext cab. Otherwise wonderfull truck!"

I LOVE my truck!

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "loads of power, makes all the boys look"

Cons: "bed sides too high, seats too deep, no lumbar supp"

"I'm an average sized woman, so the seats are a little uncomfortable for me, especially on cross-country trips. Personally, I liked the old style beds better. Without running boards I can not reach anything lying flat in the bed. That makes for a lot of climbing in and out of the bed using the wheels for a ladder when doing chores on the farm. I also miss having a manual transmission. You loose a lot of control with an automatic, especially pulling a trailer through the mountains."

Love this Truck

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "Power / Torque"

Cons: "Diesel Exhaust Fluid"

"Love the power but not too happy with fuel ecomony. The only real negative for this truck is the requirement for DEF and needs the built in step in the rear bumper. Perfect Truck with these exceptions."

Rough ride

By on Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"It rides so rough that I am going to trade it for a 1500."

we love this truck

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"We have always owned gm products and been happy. This truck has power for pulling and the comfort for a long ride. This is a nice looking truck and sounds like the big dog it is"

This is a solid and reliable vehicle.

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Power and towing capabilities are awesome"

Cons: "Fuel costs"

"I haven't had any trouble with this vehicle since I bought it. The Duramax has been awesome."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals