2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab

Based on 1278 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"This truck pulled a 12,000lb shipping container over 900 miles. Fuel mileage was around 10 miles per gallon. It usually runs 19 on the highway."

buy the diesel

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Great power and fuel economy. Buy the 6.6L turbo diesel. Check the resale, vehicle holds the initial upcharge for the 6.6L for the life of truck. I get close to 20mpg highway and average better than 17 around town. More torque than anything out there. Pulls my 5th wheel like it isn't even there. Great truck!!!"

Best Pickup on the Road

By on Monday, December 24, 2007

"I am not emotionally attached to this vehicle (in fact, it is more truck than I need and I would sell it to the right person). I have the Duramax diesel. While I am sure there are many good vehicles on the road, this truck is spectacular. It gets over 20 mpg on the road, has excellent towing ability, is comfortable to drive, is well deisnged - adults can sit in the rear seats (club cab version) indefinitely in comfort. Generally, it is quiet (for a diesel), does not smell of fuel, warms rapidly and performs well in cold weather (I use it mainly in Utah and Idaho), and is relatively maintenance free. I have pulled horse trailers through storms, pulled a variety of utility trailers, mainly on good roads, pulled ATV trialers across switchbacked mountain two-track roads, driven through several ATV only tracks, and made tracks all through the desert. I have never had a problem escept as noted below. The only flaws of which I am aware include (1) recalls associated with instrument panel, middle rear seatbelt, and talegate cables, - all handled by GM without cost or hassle, (2) some reported incompatibilities with the trailer wiring harness."

I so glad I bought this

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I went from Dodge, to Ford to Chevy. I like the fact that the Dodge has the Cummins Engine, but the Chevy has the Allison Tranny. I liked the looks of the Ford. I thought, how can I get a Ford with a Cummings engine and Allison Tranny. My wife didn't like the size of the Dodge or Ford. They seemed to big. The Chevy road like a car (even though it was the 2500 HD Deisel). After a few try-outs, and months of negotiating, (because they want allot more for the Chevy) we settled on the 2500 HD Deisel. I am so happy with it and glad I took the time to buy the Chevy. I have NOTHING but great things to say about it."

Best pickup I have ever owned

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

"I bought it new in 2002, and had very few problems with it. I constantly towed a 12000# skidloader, and have never touched the transmission, or engine. This Chevy has close to 200,000 miles on it, and still running strong."

One of the best I've owned.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

"I've put just under 100,000 miles on it with minimal expenditures for repairs. No major repairs required. Other than brake pads and rotors there have been no big ticket items needing replacement. Performed normal maintainance every 3,000 miles. tows 7,000 lb. camper like it is not there. tows my bass boat anywhere."

I LOVE MY TRUCK

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fast, powerful"

Cons: "Front hubs not robust"

"This truck is awesome and fast. I will never buy a gas powered pickup truck again. The engine is extremely powerful and designed with maintenance in mind. Routine maintenance (oil/filter change, air filter, transmission filter, etc) is really easy and the truck even tells me when it's time to do it. Even fully loaded with firewood or mulch it's like the truck doesn't even notice the load is there. When I get to a stop light there are very few cars that can beat me off the line. The four wheel drive works great in sand, mud, and snow. My wife tries to steal it every chance she get's b/c she loves to drive it too. The only real complaint I have is that the front hubs are not robust enough for this truck and tend to wear out. I'm on my second set. I had OEM hubs installed when I replaced them since it's under warranty but next time I'm going to buy some stronger after market hubs."

By on Friday, May 2, 2008

"I bought this vehicle new in Dec 2002 and have not had any problems with one minor exception of having to have the instrument panel computer reflashed. Was a warranty item and in and out withing 15 minutes. The vehicle has been used to pull a ProAir Nautique ski boat and a loaded cargo trailer without any problems. With the Duramax, I have been easily able to maintain highway speeds as high as 70+ mph pulling a loaded trailer and 4 passengers for 600 plus miles from NC to FL. Would tell you the actual speed but that would be over the speed limit! Fully recommend this vehicle with the Duramax and Allison Transmission. Around 18 MPG highway without load."

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "everything"

"I bought this pickup new, and have absolutely loved it. Hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. Enough power to pull anything I've ever tied on to, and very reliable. Hasn't need much in the way of repairs, still has original brake pads."

strong truck

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"very nice truck.plenty of power and torque with the 6.0.just hope gas prices go down soon!gets about 12 in town and 15 on highway"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals