2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 1276 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

I LOVE MY TRUCK

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fast, powerful"

Cons: "Front hubs not robust"

"This truck is awesome and fast. I will never buy a gas powered pickup truck again. The engine is extremely powerful and designed with maintenance in mind. Routine maintenance (oil/filter change, air filter, transmission filter, etc) is really easy and the truck even tells me when it's time to do it. Even fully loaded with firewood or mulch it's like the truck doesn't even notice the load is there. When I get to a stop light there are very few cars that can beat me off the line. The four wheel drive works great in sand, mud, and snow. My wife tries to steal it every chance she get's b/c she loves to drive it too. The only real complaint I have is that the front hubs are not robust enough for this truck and tend to wear out. I'm on my second set. I had OEM hubs installed when I replaced them since it's under warranty but next time I'm going to buy some stronger after market hubs."

Greatest Truck Ever. I would not own anything else

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Great all around truck"

Cons: "None... Just a great truck"

"I bought this truck used in 2008 and I absolutly love this truck. In comfort, reliability, fuel economy, design and value, you can't beat this truck. The Duramax Diesel with the Allison automatic transmission is incredible. No matter what I tow, this truck handles the task with ease. My truck is just as it was from the factory and everyone that gets in my ride, just loves the feel of the truck. These trucks are known to commonly turn out $500,000k miles from the original engine and I plan on wearing out the door hinges and replacing the well made leather seats before I start thinking about replacing the engine and transmission. If you need a well made tow vehicle and desire a classy ride, you can't go wrong with this truck."

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "everything"

"I bought this pickup new, and have absolutely loved it. Hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. Enough power to pull anything I've ever tied on to, and very reliable. Hasn't need much in the way of repairs, still has original brake pads."

Best truck for the job

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"We use this truck to pull our trailer and the truck has so much power you hardly feel the trailer, we had positraction installed which helps the rear."

By on Sunday, September 19, 2010

great

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"This is an excellent truck. Have owned for 3 yrs, bought used and have never had an issue with it. It has never been in the shopr for other than routine maintenence and has never let me down. Will pull anything I have hooked up to it. I have a 5th wheel TT that wieghs in at 12,000 lbs and it pulls it without hesitation."

Best Truck I ever had.

By on Friday, February 26, 2010

"This is my third truck I have owned. First Truck was a Dodge and only kept it for a year because it wsa falling apart. Second Truck was a Silverado 1/2 ton. Great truck. Now I got a 3/4 ton with the Duramax. By far blows every other truck out of the water. Great power for towing. Very reliable. I have had it for 3 years now and at 76000 miles no probelms."

all around value

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I have an 06 2500HD with the 6ltr crew cab long bed 4X4. I have had this truck for just over a year and had no problems tell december 09 when the trans.. went out. come to finde out the tranny failed at 18600 (b4 i got it) so in short this would be tranny #3 in under 100k miles. i have had contact with GM and depending on how thay choose to take care of the problem will be the factor as to if i ever own a GM again. I have had 3 chevys b4 this one. i had a 73 2wd that had over 200k never had any problems with this truck. #2 97 4x4 1/2 ton put a tranny in it at 87k miles i just payed for it never had another problem after that. now my 06 2500hd needs a tranny at 90k. i think its not to much to expect that you should get more then 100k miles on a tranny??? other then that i love this truck it drives like a truck rides like one had moves big loads like one. it get truk feul econ. not as bad as the dodge and ford counter parts but it gets about 12mpg around town i have gotten as good as 18mpg on a long road trip and i get 11.5 with my 4000lb camper on the back and 11mpg the my camper on it and pulling my 21ft boad (15000lbs) not too bad if you ask me"

Love this truck !

By on Sunday, November 1, 2009

"LOVE this truck !! It has been a great truck since the day I got it ! It's comfortable even on the longest of trips. It's got the power to haul anything I've put to it. Tons of room inside for people or anything else. Would like the milage to be just as great, but it is a 3/4 ton after all and it does just all right.... I've kept on on all regular maintance and it's still happy !! Hope if your looking for a truck in this catagory you consider one like this. It's been a joy..."

Best of Five...

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"My last three new pickups have been a Dodge, Ford, and this 99 Chev Silvarado 2500. I have plowed with each of them, and hauled heavy loads. The 99 Chev is the best truck I've owned! My only complaint is the mileage, but, it's a 3/4 ton 4 whl drive with the 6 ltr engine. It gets from 10-14 mpg, usually closer to 10, since I drive it around the cities. If you need a reliable heavy duty truck, I recommend the Silvarado 2500 with no reservation."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals