2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 1279 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Greatest Truck Ever. I would not own anything else

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Great all around truck"

Cons: "None... Just a great truck"

"I bought this truck used in 2008 and I absolutly love this truck. In comfort, reliability, fuel economy, design and value, you can't beat this truck. The Duramax Diesel with the Allison automatic transmission is incredible. No matter what I tow, this truck handles the task with ease. My truck is just as it was from the factory and everyone that gets in my ride, just loves the feel of the truck. These trucks are known to commonly turn out $500,000k miles from the original engine and I plan on wearing out the door hinges and replacing the well made leather seats before I start thinking about replacing the engine and transmission. If you need a well made tow vehicle and desire a classy ride, you can't go wrong with this truck."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, May 4, 2008

"I work this truck hard. I fill it with dry wall to the top of the bed. 66K miles and never a problem. This is a 2001 6.0 gas 2500 silverado. Lately its been abused by running 1.6 mile trips daily. I've pulled a 13,000 pound trailer with a Bob cat (trailer and tractor total weight). This truck pulls great. It stops great. I had a Toyota before this, and there is no comparison between an American tough built truck and a Toyota toy truck. The Japanese can make all kinds of claims, but until you've tried both for a few years each you can't make a good decision on what is better. I owned the Toyota for 7 years and the Chevy for 7 years. The Chevy has not had one visit to the shop except for maintenance. My Toyota had the transmission out 7 times, Mass airflow sensor go out, temp sensor kept going out which made the engine surge all the time. The Chevy is flawless. The Japanese used to say just turn the key and go. My Chevy is the same and better yet. I really think the US quality of cars and trucks has surpassed the Japanese cars and trucks. The fuel milage is better on my Chevy that the Tundra. Ok I did have to spend some money on my truck. I wore out a set of tires. I had to put new tires on the truck. With as hard as I pull and carry with this truck, I don't blame the poor tires for wearing out. I love my Chevy truck."

cant beat the duramax

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"other than the injector problems witht the LB7 (GM covered upto 200,000mi) its a great fuel effient full size truck with style, i get 24mpg on mine! thats awesome for a 6.6, it gets the same fuel mileage as most imports BUT when i need to haul or pull something i got the extra power. i know have 270,000mi on my wonderul truck and still looks almost as good as it did when it came off the showroom floor, ive replaced the fuel injector pump and the transfer case, GM replaced the injectors"

best truck out there

By on Sunday, February 28, 2010

"I bought my truck new in 2003 and i still have it today. I would not trade it for the world. I pull a 30ft livestock trailer 275 days out of the year. I have replaced the water pump and the batteries. The truck has over 365,000 miles. It has tons of power. The automatic allison tranny is ultra smooth. The truck is still running as good as it did in 03. Sorry it's not for sale."

This Thing Rocks!!!!

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"This is my 7th GM Truck and my 2nd Diesel ever. I'll never own a gas powered truck again. The 06' Duramax Turbo Diesel Motor is the quietest and most powerful (stock) I've come across to date and is quicker than every other stock truck I've come up against to date, including the 8.1L Vortec Gas Powered Trucks. The Allison Transmission is... well..... an "Allison". Warrantee is in excess of I believe 200k Miles. It's noted by Edge as the only Transmission to have never failed or even slipped when tested in max output setting #5 which yeilds around 1100 Ft. lbs. Torque. Leather interior, Bose Speakers, Moon Roof, Special Rim's, Lift Kit and Special Factory Paint along with just slipping under the new 2007 & Up Diesel Reg's and Chevy's awful (my opinion) new "Shoe Box" Body Design change, round this out as one of, if not the, Sharpest, most Comfortable Trucks on the Road."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals