2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 1279 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Best Truck on the Road

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "dependable durable-235,000 miles still going stron"

Cons: "fuel consumption"

"Why anyone would look beyond Detroit for a light-duty truck is beyond me. America owns this category and GM is the best of the best when it comes to trucks. Smooth ride, dependable, durable. Good value on top of that. Ford and Dodge , don't give up-you're close. Toyota and the rest-stick to making compact cars, that's what you know how to do!"

Greatest Truck Ever. I would not own anything else

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Great all around truck"

Cons: "None... Just a great truck"

"I bought this truck used in 2008 and I absolutly love this truck. In comfort, reliability, fuel economy, design and value, you can't beat this truck. The Duramax Diesel with the Allison automatic transmission is incredible. No matter what I tow, this truck handles the task with ease. My truck is just as it was from the factory and everyone that gets in my ride, just loves the feel of the truck. These trucks are known to commonly turn out $500,000k miles from the original engine and I plan on wearing out the door hinges and replacing the well made leather seats before I start thinking about replacing the engine and transmission. If you need a well made tow vehicle and desire a classy ride, you can't go wrong with this truck."

cant beat the duramax

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"other than the injector problems witht the LB7 (GM covered upto 200,000mi) its a great fuel effient full size truck with style, i get 24mpg on mine! thats awesome for a 6.6, it gets the same fuel mileage as most imports BUT when i need to haul or pull something i got the extra power. i know have 270,000mi on my wonderul truck and still looks almost as good as it did when it came off the showroom floor, ive replaced the fuel injector pump and the transfer case, GM replaced the injectors"

best truck out there

By on Sunday, February 28, 2010

"I bought my truck new in 2003 and i still have it today. I would not trade it for the world. I pull a 30ft livestock trailer 275 days out of the year. I have replaced the water pump and the batteries. The truck has over 365,000 miles. It has tons of power. The automatic allison tranny is ultra smooth. The truck is still running as good as it did in 03. Sorry it's not for sale."

Best of Five...

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"My last three new pickups have been a Dodge, Ford, and this 99 Chev Silvarado 2500. I have plowed with each of them, and hauled heavy loads. The 99 Chev is the best truck I've owned! My only complaint is the mileage, but, it's a 3/4 ton 4 whl drive with the 6 ltr engine. It gets from 10-14 mpg, usually closer to 10, since I drive it around the cities. If you need a reliable heavy duty truck, I recommend the Silvarado 2500 with no reservation."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals