2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 1279 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Best Truck on the Road

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "dependable durable-235,000 miles still going stron"

Cons: "fuel consumption"

"Why anyone would look beyond Detroit for a light-duty truck is beyond me. America owns this category and GM is the best of the best when it comes to trucks. Smooth ride, dependable, durable. Good value on top of that. Ford and Dodge , don't give up-you're close. Toyota and the rest-stick to making compact cars, that's what you know how to do!"

This Truck ROCKS

By on Saturday, November 26, 2016

Pros: "Just a solid truck"

Cons: "injector problem."

"I have the hd 2500 hd LS. God I love this truck there is no joke when they say it pulls like a train that is the absolute truth of the matter. I got this truck used with 108k and the only real issue I found out after buying the truck was the fact that Chevy had an issue with the injectors and I replaced them all when it was an issue. now truth be told I have been really good about changing oils including the tranny and everything else on time and when I got it since I did not know where I was at I did everything right after I got it so I had a base. my wife thinks that I will want a new truck Yeah thats is not going to happen with these trucks around 53k to get now and that there is more stuff on them that the truck does not need. I would rather spend another 20k with a new motor and tranny then to get another truck Love this Truck."

Greatest Truck Ever. I would not own anything else

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Great all around truck"

Cons: "None... Just a great truck"

"I bought this truck used in 2008 and I absolutly love this truck. In comfort, reliability, fuel economy, design and value, you can't beat this truck. The Duramax Diesel with the Allison automatic transmission is incredible. No matter what I tow, this truck handles the task with ease. My truck is just as it was from the factory and everyone that gets in my ride, just loves the feel of the truck. These trucks are known to commonly turn out $500,000k miles from the original engine and I plan on wearing out the door hinges and replacing the well made leather seats before I start thinking about replacing the engine and transmission. If you need a well made tow vehicle and desire a classy ride, you can't go wrong with this truck."

cant beat the duramax

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"other than the injector problems witht the LB7 (GM covered upto 200,000mi) its a great fuel effient full size truck with style, i get 24mpg on mine! thats awesome for a 6.6, it gets the same fuel mileage as most imports BUT when i need to haul or pull something i got the extra power. i know have 270,000mi on my wonderul truck and still looks almost as good as it did when it came off the showroom floor, ive replaced the fuel injector pump and the transfer case, GM replaced the injectors"

best truck out there

By on Sunday, February 28, 2010

"I bought my truck new in 2003 and i still have it today. I would not trade it for the world. I pull a 30ft livestock trailer 275 days out of the year. I have replaced the water pump and the batteries. The truck has over 365,000 miles. It has tons of power. The automatic allison tranny is ultra smooth. The truck is still running as good as it did in 03. Sorry it's not for sale."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals