2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 1278 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"This truck pulled a 12,000lb shipping container over 900 miles. Fuel mileage was around 10 miles per gallon. It usually runs 19 on the highway."

buy the diesel

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Great power and fuel economy. Buy the 6.6L turbo diesel. Check the resale, vehicle holds the initial upcharge for the 6.6L for the life of truck. I get close to 20mpg highway and average better than 17 around town. More torque than anything out there. Pulls my 5th wheel like it isn't even there. Great truck!!!"

Best Pickup on the Road

By on Monday, December 24, 2007

"I am not emotionally attached to this vehicle (in fact, it is more truck than I need and I would sell it to the right person). I have the Duramax diesel. While I am sure there are many good vehicles on the road, this truck is spectacular. It gets over 20 mpg on the road, has excellent towing ability, is comfortable to drive, is well deisnged - adults can sit in the rear seats (club cab version) indefinitely in comfort. Generally, it is quiet (for a diesel), does not smell of fuel, warms rapidly and performs well in cold weather (I use it mainly in Utah and Idaho), and is relatively maintenance free. I have pulled horse trailers through storms, pulled a variety of utility trailers, mainly on good roads, pulled ATV trialers across switchbacked mountain two-track roads, driven through several ATV only tracks, and made tracks all through the desert. I have never had a problem escept as noted below. The only flaws of which I am aware include (1) recalls associated with instrument panel, middle rear seatbelt, and talegate cables, - all handled by GM without cost or hassle, (2) some reported incompatibilities with the trailer wiring harness."

I so glad I bought this

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I went from Dodge, to Ford to Chevy. I like the fact that the Dodge has the Cummins Engine, but the Chevy has the Allison Tranny. I liked the looks of the Ford. I thought, how can I get a Ford with a Cummings engine and Allison Tranny. My wife didn't like the size of the Dodge or Ford. They seemed to big. The Chevy road like a car (even though it was the 2500 HD Deisel). After a few try-outs, and months of negotiating, (because they want allot more for the Chevy) we settled on the 2500 HD Deisel. I am so happy with it and glad I took the time to buy the Chevy. I have NOTHING but great things to say about it."

Best pickup I have ever owned

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

"I bought it new in 2002, and had very few problems with it. I constantly towed a 12000# skidloader, and have never touched the transmission, or engine. This Chevy has close to 200,000 miles on it, and still running strong."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals